• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

tbh I don't even care about lack of xmen. Though I feel like magneto, wolverine, and maybe storm should have been obligatory.

The real bummer is that this roster is such a sausage party. 4 out of 28 characters are ladies?

okcapcom

I'm happy about Jedah and Gamorra but gotta echo most of the same disappointment if this list is final.

Not all fighters make it to every iteration of a game. Can't wait for this to happen more in Smash Brothers and some of the "clones" can get original moves if they are brought back.

Akuma has been in every past MvC game, including X-Men Vs. Street Fighter. He's arguably more important than Ryu.

Edit: I forgot he wasn't in MvC1. But he's still important.
With that logic we are going to get a new Ghost N Goblins, & Darkstalkers.

There is a rumor about a GnG reboot and Darkstalker characters have nowhere else to go but be in VS games.

Gren

I'm super curious as to how Thanos is going to play.
Probably similar to MVC2. Bubbles, that floating headbutt move, etc. Maybe his supers will be different since he won't necessarily have a given gem at all times (or maybe they won't care & those will be the same too, lol).

I think the only 3D character that was dramatically different from their 2D counterpart was Jill.

Neonep

There is a rumor about a GnG reboot and Darkstalker characters have nowhere else to go but be in VS games.
That is quite possibly the dumbest rumor I've ever heard. Of all of the glorious Capcom IP they decide to reboot they choose that. If that happens I hope Capcom goes out of business.

That is quite possibly the dumbest rumor I've ever heard. Of all of the glorious Capcom IP they decide to reboot they choose that. If that happens I hope Capcom goes out of business.

Rumored to be developed by Capcom Vancouver and it takes place in the 70s.

Lulubop

Gng series, Demon's Crest and Maximo are fucking great games. Pretty sure the franchise as a whole is one of Capcom's highest sellers. Like wtf is this GnG hate.

Akuma has been in every past MvC game, including X-Men Vs. Street Fighter. He's arguably more important than Ryu.

Except Akuma wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 1. Ryu could super change into Ken and Akuma's gi's and get their movesets. Maybe that's what they are gonna do and Akuma will never get added properly because it would be redundant.

I'm super curious as to how Thanos is going to play.

I'm really curious about this too. Out of everyone from MvC2, he's the one who needed the biggest moveset overhaul. I'd kind of hope they would give him more than one special, and change his hypers to not be him using infinity gems.

selo

Super disappointed, too few characters and even fewer female characters. Preorder cancelled (even though deluxe edition was cheap in the Mexican steam store).

Neonep

Gng series, Demon's Crest and Maximo are fucking great games. Pretty sure the franchise as a whole is one of Capcom's highest sellers. Like wtf is this GnG hate.
Capcom should bring back Onimusha, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Rival Schools, and a few others before Ghost N Goblins. No hate, it's just extremely low on the totem pole. It's getting hate because Ghost N Goblins got 2 slots when everybody pretty much thinks their slots could be used better.

Lulubop

Capcom should bring back Onimusha, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Rival Schools, and a few others before Ghost N Goblins. No hate, it's just extremely low on the totem pole. It's getting hate because Ghost N Goblins got 2 slots when everybody pretty much thinks their slots could be used better.

GnG is bigger franchise than all of these. Fucking RS, and PS are as low as the totem goes, are you talking about? They already tried to bring back DS and it failed, so there's that too.

leroidys

Wasn't he not in the original Marvel vs Capcom?

Edit:

That's what I said:
Nah

Neonep

GnG is bigger franchise than all of these. Fucking RS, and PS are as low as the totem goes, are you talking about? They already tried to bring back DS and it failed, so there's that too.
When was the last time Ghost N Goblins had a proper release of a new title?

Lulubop

The one on PSP? Which funny enough is more recent than the rest of those series aside from Dark Stalker Res which was a flop.

Actually it seems there's 2 more recent iOS games as well.

Since this game seems to be a throwback in many ways, any chance there could be secret characters ala MVC1 but maybe not palette swaps? Iirc vanilla 3 had secret characters too.

No, Capcom has not earned the benefit of the doubt but figured I'd ask.

Since this game seems to be a throwback in many ways, any chance there could be secret characters ala MVC1 but maybe not palette swaps? Iirc vanilla 3 had secret characters too.

What was the last Capcom fighter that had secret characters?

Jawmuncher

It's one of their lower sellers (though not the lowest).
Oddly only the original NES game and SNES game sold over a million. Combined they sit at 2.73 million. This is out of a total 4.2 million. So 1.47 million is either Maximo and such (if they're considered under the brand) or other numerous rereleases and the like.

Regardless most disappointment stems from other series not getting a rep and cutting a GnG character would be the easiest course for the roster at this point in time.

You ain't cutting Nemesis, Chris, Chunners, Ryu. Those are capcoms top priority since they make the most money. Morrigan is a mainstay and Darksiders has a cult following. So Jeddah making an appearnance is fine.

You're then left with this smaller series taking two spots. It's especially noticeable when DMC a bigger franchise has less. One less GNG character would mean another series could be repped and still have a GNG rep. With such a small roster it's odd they get two characters outside gameplay styles, which seems to be the case.

Not like it matters. They can't be retroactively taken out. But you'll be hearing this a lot until more DLC rolls in negating the case roster.

vg260

Well if being the most recent is the more important criteria than lifetime IP sales and that rumor about a new game holds true, GnG might soon have the most valid reason for inclusion of any of those.

Jawmuncher

If the GnG reboot is a thing and it's indeed set in the 70s. Would be interesting if one of the twin GnG characters had a new skin based on it.

I don't remember MvC3 having any secret characters, save for Galactus.

McNum

The last remaining Capcom character has to be Scrooge McDuck, right? Because I would totally be up for Scrooge in this game.

Seriously though (even if I would overhype if Scrooge was in), there are some odd omissions on this list. And I know every character is someone's favorite, I really question why Nemesis is there. I mean, after Chris, I'd expect Wesker as the next Resident Evil charter, and then maybe Nemesis.

I mean I can still make several teams I'd like to play from this roster, but still... Some of those picks puzzle me.

smurfx

get some go again
what is gamoras fighting style? she seems pretty damn boring in gotg. hell everybody in that movie didn't seem all that exciting.

Jawmuncher

This thread is literally the 1st time I've heard of this Ghost N Goblins reboot. Where the fuck did this come from?

Source of mine.
Capcom Vancouver doing a GnG reboot code named Knights of Aegis. Dunno if they dropped the ties to GnG or if it is in development still. But it did exist at one point.

Dali

Disappointed the marvel side is mostly marvel movie characters. Would have liked to have doc ock, some X-Men universe people like deathstrike and sinister, gladiator, moon knight, black panther, daredevil, punisher, elektra, silver surfer, Adam Warlock, human torch.

Capcon side is kinda shit too. No gene from godhand. Replace Morrigan with any other darkstalker, and more fighters that we haven't seen in 3d yet and add a few more obscure characters like bringing Jin back. If there aren't licensing issues Lynn kurosawa from alien v predator would have been fucking awesome as well.

Neonep

Source of mine.
Capcom Vancouver doing a GnG reboot code named Knights of Aegis. Dunno if they dropped the ties to GnG or if it is in development still. But it did exist at one point.
Wasn't there some type of rumor/leak a year or 2 ago about some Capcom IP's in development? The Knights of Aegis rings a bell.

MTC100

Banned
The last remaining Capcom character has to be Scrooge McDuck, right? Because I would totally be up for Scrooge in this game.
What? That's Disney, even though Capcom was the company that brought him along with some other ducks into gaming on the NES... and did a damn well job at that.

Jawmuncher

Wasn't there some type of rumor/leak a year or 2 ago about some Capcom IP's in development? The Knights of Aegis rings a bell.

Yeah, that's apparently what the other pitches that leaked out were. But I only know of that one being made at some point.

Dueck

Banned
The reality is comics don't make money. It's all about the movies. Everything Marvel does from here on out is to expose more people to the MCU.
I understand, it just sucks to have the lowest-common-denominator destroy so many things I loved. Deadpool should've been enough evidence pandering to them wasn't mandatory...

Shadoken

People want freaking Akuma srsly? Only reason he was in MvC3 was because he was the first Crossover character in fighting games. And prolly started the idea of Xmen vs SF.

If hes ever returning they should bring him in his Oni form , they would have much more room to play around and make him really different.

McNum

What? That's Disney, even though Capcom was the company that brought him along with some other ducks into gaming on the NES... and did a damn well job at that.
Well, yes. And Disney owns Marvel. It is an incredible longshot, of course, but if you really wanted a surprise character... Scrooge would be amazing. Give him his Klondyke outfit from the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck as the DLC outfit and I'd be all in.

I am aware that it will very likely not be Scrooge. But I kind of want it to be.

Ryuuga

Banned
I hope 'Monster Hunter' is 1 of 2 things:

1) Felyne
2) An actual monster from Monster Hunter

A hunter would be damn boring in a cast of mostly humanoid characters.

Top Bottom