• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

Well if being the most recent is the more important criteria than lifetime IP sales and that rumor about a new game holds true, GnG might soon have the most valid reason for inclusion of any of those.

They also started licensing it out late last year. This is coming out in September

Game-Classics-Vol1-Ghosts-n-Goblins.jpg

Seyavesh

People want freaking Akuma srsly? Only reason he was in MvC3 was because he was the first Crossover character in fighting games. And prolly started the idea of Xmen vs SF.

If hes ever returning they should bring him in his Oni form , they would have much more room to play around and make him really different.
shin lvl 2 akuma or bust

Jawmuncher

I hope 'Monster Hunter' is 1 of 2 things:

1) Felyne
2) An actual monster from Monster Hunter

A hunter would be damn boring in a cast of mostly humanoid characters.
You know it's gonna be great sword rathalos armor guy

They also started licensing it out late last year. This is coming out in September

Curious if the reboot is still going to be set in the 70s how the originally GnG still is gonna factor. Guess a rerelease of Super or the psp game wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Neonep

People want freaking Akuma srsly? Only reason he was in MvC3 was because he was the first Crossover character in fighting games. And prolly started the idea of Xmen vs SF.

If hes ever returning they should bring him in his Oni form , they would have much more room to play around and make him really different.

Normally I would complain about Akuma cause he should be there but given the roster size and him already being in SFV & T7, I'll let this one slide.

I don't remember MvC3 having any secret characters, save for Galactus.

There were 4 unlockable characters. Akuma, Sentinel, and I forget who the other 2 were but I think if you beat arcade mode like twice you basically unlocked them all. I miss unlocking characters, but it's more nostalgia for the days before DLC, not likely to be a thing anymore. Don't miss it enough that I would rather have that then years of support through DLC though

Roster disappointment aside. I really want to see Gamora and whatever they do with Thanos. X/Sigma is gonna be my main squad as soon as he is available. Probably rock X/Ultron or X/Cap in the mean time. Definitely hope Thanos/Gamora has some synergy and good move sets

tribal24

Banned
There were 4 unlockable characters. Akuma, Sentinel, and I forget who the other 2 were but I think if you beat arcade mode like twice you basically unlocked them all. I miss unlocking characters, but it's more nostalgia for the days before DLC, not likely to be a thing anymore. Don't miss it enough that I would rather have that then years of support through DLC though

Roster disappointment aside. I really want to see Gamora and whatever they do with Thanos. X/Sigma is gonna be my main squad as soon as he is available. Probably rock X/Ultron or X/Cap in the mean time. Definitely hope Thanos/Gamora has some synergy and good move sets

yeah it was taskmaster and Lei Lei, yeah unlocking characters use to be fun. Would be cool if there was a option for it lol. Like you go into options and unlock characters toggle is there if you have friends over and want the full roster sort of deal. I guess it would make no sense but whatever.

kirblar

S1 DLC is "all new" likely in part to head off complaints about former MvC3 characters being "full price" when they're importing so many animations from MvC3.

Socivol

It's sad when we have to pray to be flooded with dlc to get a good roster

After what happened with MvC3 it would probably be in your best interest to just wait it out. Didn't UMvC3 launch like 8 months after the original and it didn't offer a DLC option for the new characters.

Harmen

Generally ok with the lineup but really, Hawkeye but no Black Panther? And I hoped they would also look at the TV part of the MCU for the roster (Quake, Ghost Rider, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Elektra etc.). And, well, no X-Men but that was to be expected...

Jawmuncher

I remember MVC3 being amazing and I was decently happy with UMVC3 as well. I remember the only character not really caring about was Firebrand, since he easily could've been replaced for a female character. Especially considering he's the reason Nina isn't in the game.

Am I crazy or did you have to unlock Sent/Akuma/Tasky and another Capbum?

In vanilla that is. Legit can't remember since ultimate came out so fast.

You unlocked Sentinel, Akuma, Taskmaster, and Hsien-Ko but they were so easy to unlock that they might as well not been secret characters.

Jawmuncher

But Firebrand was the hero of his own, incredibly awesome, series of games. Even though the Firebrand games are offshoots, they are pretty unique.

I know I come across as hating the guy. I don't. But he just comes off as the most easily expendable as sad as that may seem. Like I said though it's not a big deal though, he is in and it's not like what I'm saying is going to change that.
I will say im down for a new game with firebrand and Arthur though.

Spman2099

I know I come across as hating the guy. I don't. But he just comes off as the most easily expendable as sad as that may seem. Like I said though it's not a big deal though, he is in and it's not like what I'm saying is going to change that.
I will say im down for a new game with firebrand and Arthur though.

Capcom is tearing us apart. This roster has us turning against each other. The truth is, as much as I love both Arthur and Firebrand, they aren't super hype because we have seen them before.

Jawmuncher

Capcom is tearing us apart. This roster has us turning against each other. The truth is, as much as I love both Arthur and Firebrand, they aren't super hype because we have seen them before.

I do think that plays a factor as well. If they were both newcomers the atmosphere would definitely be different. Really hope capcom can make it up with the DLC by the end of next year.

Nyoro SF

Hmm, were they massively upset? It couldn't have been as huge of an upset as this.

The reaction to MvC3's roster, especially the final one, was largely positive. People praised the inclusion of She-Hulk and Wesker while noting series mainstays like Akuma and weirdos like Hsien-ko and Super Skrull alongside other new characters that looked promising like Taskmaster and Dormammu.

As for MvC3's initial reveal people were very happy to see Dante and how cool he looked along with Deadpool. Capcom themselves mentioned that they put a ton of work into those two characters and it really showed and people were really impressed. What also helped were the absolute god-tier trailers.

UMvC3's reveals were also met with similar praise. People were excited to see every character on the list, even Nemesis. The fact that both MvC3 and UMvC3's rosters were leaked actually didn't affect the hype, if anything it increased the curiosity around them.

Jawmuncher

The reaction to MvC3's roster, especially the final one, was largely positive. People praised the inclusion of She-Hulk and Wesker while noting series mainstays like Akuma and weirdos like Hsien-ko and Super Skrull alongside other new characters that looked promising like Taskmaster and Dormammu.

As for MvC3's initial reveal people were very happy to see Dante and how cool he looked along with Deadpool. Capcom themselves mentioned that they put a ton of work into those two characters and it really showed and people were really impressed. What also helped were the absolute god-tier trailers.

UMvC3's reveals were also met with similar praise. People were excited to see every character on the list, even Nemesis. The fact that both MvC3 and UMvC3's rosters were leaked actually didn't affect the hype, if anything it increased the curiosity around them.

I remember Nemesis brought the hype when this was in his trailer

dbow1.gif

_Legacy_

If your plan was to target casuals, how is the roster?

This is the most on-point question out of this whole debate.

In a year where Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 are setting the bar high, the developers seems to have shot themselves in the foot. It's a bad year to be fucking up in the beat-em-up genre with so much competition.

Of course, this is all if the rumours are true. If this roster is truly what they're going with, I'll wait for the ultimate edition or cop when the game is on sale.

whipihguh

Banned
What a lame-ass roster. Really disappointed that this was the best they could come up with.

It doesn't help that of all the Marvel 3 characters to make it to Infinite, Nova had to be one of them. Nova is so lame.

Thanos is neat, but he is a character we've seen in the older Marvel games, and I really would've liked to see someone knew, especially when one of the Marvel DLC characters is gonna be another MvC2 vet.

Seriously, where's Black Panther and Ms. Marvel? Where's Scarlet Witch and the Vision? They'd be pretty cool.

I can't imagine the DLC packs for this game, What were the prices for characters in Marvel 3?

Top Bottom