• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

Hah classic gaf

Super excited about this game. It's the only franchise in gaming that makes me feel like a kid before christmas.

SCB3

Not feeling the Male Ryder at all, I may go as a female in this one (to be fair, I did use a Male Shepard all the way through the ME trilogy, so a female protagonist will be nice)

So....what do we know about this?

91p2p4F.jpg

So you play as Meechum in this game

First thing I want to do with this game on PC, is download a Shephard model (or hopefully they can let you make it very similar in the creator)

I've pay good money for voice acting as shephard too, that would be a cool DLC but probably way too much work.

Psoelberg

There's a lot of negative to be said about the trailers (mainly too few synthesizers and too many bad one-liners), but this is still one the top 3 games that I'm really looking forward to this year. Might even have to get the ps pro for this game. The design of cities and planets looks good - can't wait to explore them!

That was... okay.

We'll keep an eye on this. Still not sure if I wanna get it over one of the several other games that are coming out soon.

PlayerOne

Banned
Just watched it. Totally felt like they're going for a comedy-quip, fun, generic sci-fi B-movie vibe.

It just seemed like a bad sci-fi movie trailer.

Crumpo

Oh boy, I really am craving some sci-fi action...this is pretty much all there is, so I'll take it.

Disappointed that Bioware's corny dialogue has gone serious, rather than camp tongue-in-cheek...that won't work out well.

Bioware are making it pretty hard to get hyped by ripping off the first 5 mins of the Star Trek reboot.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I thought they'd said that the female main character was going to be the focus this time around? Trailer didn't look great, doesn't really look all that different from the previous gen. Will wait for further impressions though as I can't help but be interested in a sci fi RPG.

AJ_Wings

The villain seems like another "I'm so evil, look at how evil I am!" kind of villain.

Saren's character was full of tragedy and misguided intentions, and indoctrination.

Sovereign was menacing, but he didn't come across as being cheesy.

The Illusive Man was another complex character, who had understandable motivations.
ME3 dumbed him down a bit.

Of course, he could be completely different in the full game.

I disagree. He's just a poorly written idiot.

Leader of a pro-human terrorist organisation that have done irreparable damage to humanity and you barely get to call him out on his idiocy in ME2. In ME3, he's just a terrible character all around.

Garlador

I thought they'd said that the female main character was going to be the focus this time around? Trailer didn't look great, doesn't really look all that different from the previous gen. Will wait for further impressions though as I can't help but be interested in a sci fi RPG.

They said they were going to alternate. The female Ryder was in the last demonstration they did, male Ryder the trailer before her, and female Ryder before that one. They're alternating this go around.

You may as well go all the way with this ridiculous hyperbole and say it looks like a PS2 game.
Dreamcast-tier. Shenmue's faces, man!
Look at all that texture!

PlayerOne

Banned
Some of you guys are really hard to please, almost to the point where you've already decided you were gonna hate the game before the first trailer showed up.

It looks generic, in all sense of the word.

Humans again take the spotlight. We want new races, new environments. Even the bad guy looks and sounds generic. I truly want a science fiction. So far, it looks like bargain bin pocketbook sci-fi. The dialogue, the diversity of the cast, the visuals, music, everything.

This is supposed to be EA's biggest game? I would like to think they can do better than what they've shown so far. It just looks generic. We are supposed to get excited but it all looks like more of the same.

T_V_H

In the youtube comments................
JFlOT6I.jpg

uhGP8Dwm.jpg

Why are 9-year old kids spewing shit like that on the internet? But a typical Youtube comment nevertheless. Never scroll down to the comment section, I did that today and a bit of sick came in my mouth.

Anyway, great facial animation Bioware! Still mildy anticipating the game tho..

Dalibor68

Banned
I'm also not feeling the art direction. The trilogy had this sci-fi blueness/sterility/more realistic look to it. Andromeda reminds me more of the super colorful DA:I.

If their statements regarding getting rid of paragon/renegade and the lack of choices in DA:I are anything to go by, I'd expect an evil/asshole playthrough to not be possible anymore.
Oh really?
FemShep it is in then

Voice acting is tilting a little too much into white dudebro territory, when the original trilogy was more generic

Angel_DvA

The more I see about it, the more concern I am, it's my favorite sci fy universe in gaming, if Bioware screw it, I'll be pissed.

jtb

Banned
If their statements regarding getting rid of paragon/renegade and the lack of choices in DA:I are anything to go by, I'd expect an evil/asshole playthrough to not be possible anymore.

Honestly, this is probably the best path for BioWare to take. Their choice and consequence is fucking abysmal, and, unfortunately, it's also been their calling card since KOTOR, basically.

xam3l

In a more serious note now that we know the characters, did Mass Effect Andromeda developed quite a fan art following already or what?.

Sanctuary

I don't know who designed the male Ryder, but he's about as generic as you can possibly get. Shepard was generic too, but he actually looked a lot better IMO. Maybe it's just the engine, but both of the Ryder twins look really bad to me.

bati

Not bad, not bad. There's still some trademark Bioware cringe in the spoken lines but this is still miles better than the first trailer.

Top Bottom