• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

jtb

Banned
I thought ME1 had great faces. Still remember being blown away by the E3 06 demo.

Interrupting conversations and squad tactical combat, #neverforget

c3HC0B6.gif

Boning confirmed.

CSJ

You're judging from a compressed YouTube trailer? When will you people learn to wait for the game to come out before making these claims?

Okay please stop with this compression nonsense, it's not that compressed enough to not understand how the presented quality will appear. Oooh yay it's going to be a little sharper with more clarity.
I have never, ever thought "you know what, the game looks a zillion times better actually playing it than the trailers" because that's not how my mind works, I just use my imagination to understand how it will look. Because it's not really that hard.

This, all coming from someone who's upscaled videos to avoid compression on youtube over half a decade ago, I know what it does, what it will do to a perceived image, but you can look past it and understand how it's supposed to look.

If I want to be blind and see blurry smudges I'll take off my glasses, damn.

Another painfully generic alien antagonist really kills the "exploring the vastness of space" vibe they were going for.

In fact, I have no idea if that's what they're even going for anymore. Apparently alien races know who humans are. And the vast majority of said races are returning with seemingly only a handful that are new. Human companions look boring, but then again Mass Effect human party members have always been the most boring ones. There's nothing about this that makes it feel like you're in an extremely distant place 600 years later.

Hard to get excited for this. The Michael-Bay shit from Mass Effect 3 was what turned me off the game in the first place, this looks no different.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Kinda hope there's more bi relationships to not gate who you want to be with for what gender you play. The thing that has been my issue with bioware games.
Female inquisitors got shafted imho
You got Cullen, a dorky ass elf, Josephine, or Sera
2 of which are not active party members and the other 2 being one extreme or the other.

Cassandra was probably my favorite but NOPE! male only. At least there was strong friendships 😑

I'm gonna take a gander and say that the habitats you explore is structured similarly to the council missions in ME1 where you can explore them in any order you wish, and the story, cutscenes and dialogue is adapted in whatever order you played them.

Kind of like if you did the Liara mission first then went to fight Benezia on Noveria there would be an additionl two scenes where they talk to each other.

adj_noun

I haven't really been following this. We can still make our characters faces right?

The twist should be, you create your character, but then it gets randomly assigned to someone else. You get permanently assigned someone else's created character. If you try to change it the game gets deleted from your hard drive. Maybe your disc melts. No refunds.

You can opt out for a $60 fee.

I see no drawbacks to this exciting plan.

Revas

It didn't take much for BW to get me hyped because I love ME, so I'm proceeding with caution though info have pretty high expectations for this. I'm foolishly hoping this game gives me ME1 vibes. The Archon can't be the main protagonist, seems pretty uninteresting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No they won't. Not only because it's not going down 50% in the first month, but also because it's like $45 on CDKeys now.
It's a cheap deflect of criticism because no one can simply critique or dislike something they're either entirely for it or against it.

Something about the male voice actor is putting me off and I don't know what it is. Thinking I'm going to go with a female main character again.

Also I'm liking a lot of the squad so far. Liam seems way more likeable than a lot of the past human squad mates.

jtb

Banned
Another painfully generic alien antagonist really kills the "exploring the vastness of space" vibe they were going for.

In fact, I have no idea if that's what they're even going for anymore. Apparently alien races know who humans are. And the vast majority of said races are returning with seemingly only a handful that are new. Human companions look boring, but then again Mass Effect human party members have always been the most boring ones. There's nothing about this that makes it feel like you're in an extremely distant place 600 years later.

Hard to get excited for this. The Michael-Bay shit from Mass Effect 3 was what turned me off the game in the first place, this looks no different.

It wouldn't be a BioWare game if you weren't playing Space (or, occasionally, fantasy) Jesus.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm an insanely huge Mass Effect fan (ME1 was my favorite).

I STILL don't know about this one, their marketing feels so weird. Hopefully it's because they are trying to trick new customers to buy it by focusing on the action shit, but that's NOT why I like Mass Effect.

Also, WAY too many humans in this mission. Bleh. I'm also a HUGE NOLAN NORTH fan, but this Nolan North sound alike guy seems a bit weak...

I DONT KNOW. HALP.

Schlorgan

Maybe it'll be like Star Trek Beyond and the Archon will turn out to be a horrifically disfigured human from the advanced scouting party.

CoolNumber9

Zelda is going for a painterly cel-shaded (lol 'flat textures') look and nailing it. Mass Effect is going for a realistic look and failing at it, even compared to older Mass Effect games.

No, it can be painterly and still not have flat textures with no depth and the whole reason they go with that style is because they made weak hardware. And I just don't understand what trailers you are watching but I think the ME:A graphically, looks pretty incredible. Espically the 4k trailers on my 4k set!!

mlclmtckr

Banned
No, it can be painterly and still not have flat textures with no depth and the whole reason they go with that style is because they made weak hardware. And I just don't understand what trailers you are watching but the I think ME:A graphically, looks pretty incredible. Espically the 4k trailers on my 4k set!!

Well yeah if your whole thing is more pixels = better looking game then of course MEA is going to look better.

Carlius

Banned
ill wait for reviews...the characters are alreay turning me off..their design and faces just look dumb. but i wont say NO, ill wait for reviews.

Top Bottom