• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda new screenshots

Father Ryder looks great, female Ryder still looks terrible. And I'm not seeing anything special about that Asari.

Her face is modeled after a real-life existing person.

Yeah, just like this is.

enhanced-buzz-21521-1369708972-1.jpg

i can't believe we're still getting the same bunch of alien races. i was hoping with a fresh start we'd get some fresh ideas, but it seems krogans, asari and salarians seem to be the order of the day...again...boring.

Bioware already confirmed in an interview that we're getting several new alien species in Andromeda (I forget which interview it was, but I think it was the Xbox UK interview or something like that; I believe there was a thread about it). Also, of course we're going to see a lot of the old species, since they are trying to find a new home in Andromeda.

Lime

If I worked as the texture or lighting artist at Bioware, I'd be furious at what the marketing team is doing to the work (or Tumblr compression?). You can see how the compression is absolutely ruining this image.

Gamersyde hasn't even one single source trailer or image from Bioware's marketing department, it's absolutely shoddy work by them.

Really like the screenshots. Actually like the grain, though i always turned it off in the old games.

Also hope y'all notice you're just calling the MC ugly.

Yet doesn't look too much like her:

http://static1.imagecollect.com/preview/136/086bccdc0e73cfd

(It's hard to find SFW pictures)
Look at how thin her neck is and how comparatively broad her has is though.

The proportions of her face are almost an exact copy.

Anyway, this discussion is like a non-troll version of the horizon zero dawn Aloy middle finger length discussion. I don't even remember this much whining about "proportions" back when Fallout was reveales, and ME:A's faces look much better compared to that game.

KORNdoggy

But that´s their universe - It´s still a Mass Effect game.

and jj abram star trek movies still exist within the star trek universe yet still manage to introduce a lot of new species. you can exist in the same universe and still expand your horizons you know. not everything has to be the same old shit ad nauseam

VpomRurd

and jj abram star trek movies still exist within the star trek universe yet still manage to introduce a lot of new species. you can exist in the same universe and still expand your horizons you know. not everything has to be the same old shit ad nauseam

They are introducing new species.

Blobbers

I asked in a previous ME thread and in the KH 2.8 thread, but what is the point of releasing sub-1080p screenshots in 2017, especially in-game ones?

martino

Look at how thin her neck is and how comparatively broad her has is though.

The proportions of her face are almost an exact copy.

it musts lightning or skin technics they 'can' use but in horizon and here faces really seems more puffy than original model to me

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope we get a lot of lore for every new species. history, books and all that great stuff.

damn, my dream would be a mass effect like game but only with exploring, romancing, and building friendships.

until then, I'll shoot stuff in between.

GlamFM

Banned

Don´t think this comparison works in your favor.

KORNdoggy

They are introducing new species.

then how about they do it? we've seen the kett...and that's it. i didn't want a party of what are now cliche'd characters forming the bulk of my party.

ohhh, angry krogan...
ohhh, logical salarian...
oh, sexualised squid head.

this game is being marketed horribly. it feels like a half assed spin off so far. not a potential starting point for a brand new trilogy.

VpomRurd

then how about they do it? we've seen the kett...and that's it. i didn't want a party of what are now cliche'd characters forming the bulk of my party.

ohhh, angry krogan...

this game is being marketed horribly. it feels like a half assed spin off so far. not a potential starting point for a brand new trilogy.

I really don't get your problem. Why don't you wait until you play the game yourself to learn what the new game has to offer? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Edit: Also, who says it's a trilogy? You seem to have an awful lot of misconceptions here and you're getting annoyed about them.

Xando

That's not true. They showed different species in the trailers. They even showed the new party member who is from a unknown species

I really thought the new engine would help Mass Effect look current, but damn, BioWare harbor just really bad designers.
All of these character models look like fugly looking rubber figures. It looks really poor in my opinion and barely better than the last gen efforts.

ohhh, angry krogan...

How weird.

Hey huh... Maybe it's OK to reveal your new alien races in the game?

I asked in a previous ME thread and in the KH 2.8 thread, but what is the point of releasing sub-1080p screenshots in 2017, especially in-game ones?

Maybe they're just really into compression.

But my hypothesis is that they are batch compressing all their web images and don't really care to leave these alone.

That said they are probably making the statement that they don't want/care about people scrutinizing the graphics before release.

The composition is pretty mediocre as well. The average screenarcher around here takes better shots.

Hmm? The composition is fairly competent. Lots of good eye travel and the feigned candid approach is very nice.

theWB27

ohhh, angry krogan...

Why have the gamer be surprised by what they see as they amirite. Show it all pre release.

Salz01

They still can't get faces to look good. I'm a little concerned about the character creator. That will make it or break it for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are there gonna be an Quarians or Geth in this game?

Quarians unknown, but it's not looking good unless they're hiding somewhere.
Geth very highy unlikely as they were considered an enemy during the time period the Andromeda Initiative left the Milky Way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

ohhh, angry krogan...

Have you somehow missed the latest cinematic trailer where we saw another race? I'm sure there is probably others we haven't seen yet...

Anyway this is a story of Milky Way races moving to Andromeda... of course you're going to see the same races as before.

If I worked as the texture or lighting artist at Bioware, I'd be furious at what the marketing team is doing to the work (or Tumblr compression?). You can see how the compression is absolutely ruining this image.

Gamersyde hasn't even one single source trailer or image from Bioware's marketing department, it's absolutely shoddy work by them.

Are you sure you're not confusing image compression with the noise/film-grain post-process?

AAK

I kinda wish they made a Mass Effect game where you played as a Turian or some other non Human race.

diaspora

I kinda wish they made a Mass Effect game where you played as a Turian or some other non Human race.
It wouldn't really be a ME game though imo. The entire premise of the series since the first game was about Humanity's place in the galaxy.

Wait... this is who it's supposed to look like?

Last one I see it more.

You won't have a grasp of her facial proportions from photos taken to make it hard to see facial proportions.

And why is that a problem? An ugly design is an ugly design.

I personally think it's very rude when she looks just like how someone in real life could. Consider the tone of a conversation about how a video game character has boobs of different sizes of shapes is a bad, ugly design. That's how i feel.

Top Bottom