• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda new screenshots

Is that the right actress?

Looks like it, posting again from above.

7d2f7ca22a99564

Also if you look her up... smokin. I mean, I don't know what else to say.

Gameplay when though?
Are we seriously only getting some long form footage at release?
Crazy.

I'm hyped/dying to see some Mass Effect goodness in full flow.

Lt-47

OléGunner;230290021 said:
Gameplay when though?
Crazy.

End of the week

i-Lo

+1 for bringing back grain
-1 for still not being able to match its 60fps brethren with regards to PBR.

Also, these screens are bereft of aliasing; presumably, then they're from PC/PS4Pro.

I realize this is not a popular view but female Ryder looks really cute to me... I really.. 'like' her.. Was she designed to look like a real actress or model?

OléGunner;230290021 said:
Gameplay when though?
Crazy.

There's a series of videos coming, starting this week.

Please don't flame me (I probably deserve it though)...
I've never really played the series. Do I need to play them all before this one, or will this one be a new story?
Looking at my Origin account, I have Mass Effect 2 in it (probably got it free at some point). Thanks!

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I really like Ryder's default design. Looks a lot more like "ethnically ambiguous person of the future" rather than "generic white space marine".
I've never really played the series. Do I need to play them all before this one, or will this one be a new story?
Looking at my Origin account, I have Mass Effect 2 in it (probably got it free at some point). Thanks!
Nope this is a completely new story set in a different galaxy. Might be some lore you are missing out on (especially regarding the backgrounds of the different races), but this is going to be an entirely independent story.

I personally think it's very rude when she looks just like how someone in real life could. Consider the tone of a conversation about how a video game character has boobs of different sizes of shapes is a bad, ugly design. That's how i feel.

She would have to look like someone in real life first, because that look is something straight out of a game.

This is much of a reboot as a reboot can get.

It's set in a galaxy thousands of light years away from ours, and happens with a completely new group people in a completely new place and time.

Complistic

Gaf's hypocracy regarding female Ryder looking off is hilarious. But this is a bioware game so I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

dEvAnGeL

Wonder if this game will be as optimized as battlefield 1 is for pc, hopefully i can crank as many settings to the highest on the 980ti and have a stable framerate

Since Mass Effect is a game about intensely studying the proportions and graphics of character models in still photos this game is in deep shit.

nico1982

Wait... this is who it's supposed to look like?

Last one I see it more.
First one is much better.

It looks like the issue here is that they used the fully maked-up version as a base for the natural facial features of the model. No surprise that the character lineaments are iffy.

ironcreed

Banned
There's a series of videos coming, starting this week.

Yeah, they are not hiding anything. It is just now getting time for the real hype cycle to begin and they obviously want to keep some of it close to the hip also. It's the same kind of thing developers like Bethesda does, only they withhold almost everything until the last minute.

the graphics look better there than most other times I checked the game out. I'm guessing this is like the pro version or something?

MaxiLive

Sorry, I just woke up. The guy getting dragged got his head blown off right? Or am I looking at the pic wrong?

I'm pretty sure the head is there, tilted to the left a little bit and pointing downwards.

Plus the top of the helmet is black and blends with the background.

Nope this is a completely new story set in a different galaxy. Might be some lore you are missing out on (especially regarding the backgrounds of the different races), but this is going to be an entirely independent story.

This is much of a reboot as a reboot can get.

It's set in a galaxy thousands of light years away from ours, and happens with a completely new group people in a completely new place and time.

Thanks guys :)

Ushay

These look amazing. Cannot wait for pre load to come up.

P.S. Female Ryder looks absolutely fine. You people have impossible (internet exclusive) standards.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Well, if Frostbyte is to blame, then burn it in hell. These faces are just plain terrible. Too neutral, like made by suits for suits. The protagonist looks totally out of character.

Look at how thin her neck is and how comparatively broad her has is though.

The proportions of her face are almost an exact copy.

Anyway, this discussion is like a non-troll version of the horizon zero dawn Aloy middle finger length discussion. I don't even remember this much whining about "proportions" back when Fallout was reveales, and ME:A's faces look much better compared to that game.

People put so much time and energy on nitpicking on things that won't matter in the end. Do people forget that we can customize our ME protagonist's face? Such a silly thing to 'complaint about.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
She's the only one that looks real cartoony compared to others.

Cora too is really cartoony looking. It's quite odd. Default Sara looks more real than Cora, but I'm definitely going to create my own from scratch to hopefully look more consistent with the rest of the game.

Sloane Kelly looked great though, so it's not all female humans that look weird. Don't think we've gotten a good look at any others though.

Top Bottom