• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2017 (Apr 24 - Apr 30)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I had it since the day XY was announced.

I'm sure companies are already planning to move on. KT and Gust are seemingly going to be big on the platform and the Vita versions of games will eventually become superior Switch version like we saw with Disgaea. If the Switch were to get a price drop next year then...

One thing I'm interested in seeing is if the Tales series goes multplat because we might be getting a Switch announcement for that series really soon.
Well they already announced that tales is coming and considering the fact that tales is yearly, unless that changed, we might aswell declare it multiplat unless they are making a special tales for switch

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Well they already announced that tales is coming and considering the fact that tales is yearly, unless that changed, we might aswell declare it multiplat unless they are making a special tales for switch

I hope hope Switch gets a Tales of Berseria port. It can run on a Switch, no problem.

With that said, doing simultaneous PS4/Switch from now on is smart for the Tales games.

Nanashrew

Banned
Tales is a curious one. Will they do simultaneous releases? Or will it go back to the old ways of a game on Nintendo's system and the Director's cut on Playstation systems?

I never know with them...

casiopao

The only reason it makes sense is because of the lack of competition in Japan.

Nintendo have to deal competing with PS4 and Xbox in Europe and NA, so prioritising more shipments to those regions make sense especially with the news before of how they shipped Switch shipments by air to US and Europe at launch.

I understand where u are coming from there. And i also understand Nintendo reasoning.T_T I just feel sad that it mean my prediction is doomed now hiks.T_T

Basically. It's either the PS4-"exclusive" they announced before, or it's an exclusive. I doubt they'd do a Berseria port at this stage since it'd be too late at this point. Now if Berseria was at launch, THEN that'd make a lot of sense. :p

I wonder if they'll use UE4 for the next Tales then. The Tekken and Ace Combat teams are already.

Personally I want Symphonia 3 as the Switch exclusive if it ever happens and that they bring back the monster collecting aspect, that was my fav part of Dawn of the New World. :D

Sandfox

Usually when a new Tales game is coming BN registers several trademarks, but we haven't seen that yet and Tales of Festival is getting close. We could be getting a port/remaster though. Personally I want a new release of Vesperia or Destiny.

I think that depends on how much they change from ToB. ToX2 came out a year after the original for example, but then ToZ didn't come out until more than two years later. On the otherhand them announcing a game doesn't necessarily mean it's coming this year.

Nanashrew

Banned
Usually when a new Tales game is coming BN registers several trademarks, but we haven't seen that yet and Tales of Festival is getting close. We could be getting a port/remaster though. Personally I want a new release of Vesperia or Destiny.

I think that depends on how much they change from ToB. ToX2 came out a year after the original for example, but then ToZ didn't come out until more than two years later. On the otherhand them announcing a game doesn't necessarily mean it's coming this year.

I feel Vesperia is never going to happen. Shame too since it's such a great game. I recently caved in and bought a cheap 360 and the game. However, it would be funny if it did happen and collaborated with Nintendo since Ethan Stockton now works at Nintendo. He did the localization for Vesperia back when he worked at 8-4.

casiopao

I feel Vesperia is never going to happen. Shame too since it's such a great game. I recently caved in and bought a cheap 360 and the game. However, it would be funny if it did happen and collaborated with Nintendo since Ethan Stockton now works at Nintendo. He did the localization for Vesperia back when he worked at 8-4.

If Vesperia got Switch port, it can probably did huge number in the West again lol. For how beloved that title is.^^

I wonder what that chart will look like at the end of the year

01. [SWI] Splatoon 2 - 3.235.333
02. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI - 2.377.001
03. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 1.844.724
04. [SWI] Pokémon Star - 1.361.222
05. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI - 1.268.789
06. [3DS] Pokémon Star - 1.061.222
07. [SWI] Monster Hunter XXG - 828.828
08. [SWI] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 986.925
09. [SWI] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 793.726
10. [SWI] Super Mario Oddysey - 652.002

Something along those lines is what I'd expect too, maybe the Pokemon versions switched round

casiopao

..........I don't think, MK8 Deluxe is going to be that low lol.^^ At least 1 million far far away there.^^

And, Mario is not going to be that low especially if it is released in holiday.^^

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
10. [SWI] Super Mario Odyssey - 652.002

Dragon Quest on 3DS seems fine, but are people really expecting Splatoon 2 to sell 3M copies by the end of the year? Either you're expecting Switch to sell 5M this year or thinking Splatoon 2 to have a 80-90% attach rate.

Dragon Quest on 3DS seems fine, but are people really expecting Splatoon 2 to sell 3M copies by the end of the year? Either you're expecting Switch to sell 5M this year or thinking Splatoon 2 to have a 80-90% attach rate.

I think his number for it is a little high but it likely will be number 1

Kanann

5 million Switch by the end of year?

Passose

Banned
At some point, we may as well rename this thread Media Create Fan Fiction.
Media Creates Fanfic week 18, we went from The vita being a success, monster hunter ps4 exclusive, zelda selling more than one million this year to Splatoon 2 selling 3 million and people thinking nintendo is doomed because the switch sales were less than 100k

Tadaima

Do they count Sundays? Aren't shops closed then? And sorry, I fixed the chart size. :p
Sunday is just like any other day in Japan as far as shops are concerned. In fact is usually one of the biggest shopping days - they close access to vehicles around the high street nearby shinjuku station, for instance.

zeromcd73

Went for a trip to Kobe yesterday and dropped by the Yamada Denki at the local train station where they surprisingly...

kofWQaJ.jpg
UCEYYjG.jpg
Had Switch stock! Due to limited supplies only 1 per customer though. Disgaea 5 was also sold out.

And today stopped by the usual absolutely massive Yodobashi Camera in the middle of Osaka, but no Switch in stock today.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any discrepancy between Famitsu and MC in regards to Switch hardware. Hopefully MC tracks it closer to 100k, and a bigger Zelda bump would be nice. If they also have Switch at 75k, then I'd like to think that Nintendo was just holding stock for Golden Week.

I also have to admit that MK8D is doing better (and will do better LT) than I initially thought it would. Considering that remasters/updated ports don't typically light the world on fire in Japan, I thought it would sell well but maybe not quite on par with the Wii U version. But it definitely seems like every region is treating this as a brand new entry in the series, and it seems highly likely that it will outsell the original. I'm pleasantly surprised.

L~A

Usually when a new Tales game is coming BN registers several trademarks, but we haven't seen that yet and Tales of Festival is getting close.

I can't wait for all those new trademarks:

- Tales of Nocturia
- Tales of Borderia
- Tales of Menderia
- Tales of Alumneria
- Tales of Doyouguysthinkmonsterhunter5isaps4exclusiveria

But yeah, Tales of Festival is where whatever game Switch is getting will be announced. My money is def. on PS4/Switch multiplat, don't see Bamco going with an exclusive (even a B-tier entry and/or remake/port).

ggx2ac

I'm so bored by lack of news due to Golden Week.

At least I was just reminded that BitSummit starts on May 20th, it will be great to see any new Japanese indie games.

Passose

Banned
I can't wait for all those new trademarks:

- Tales of Nocturia
- Tales of Borderia
- Tales of Menderia
- Tales of Alumneria
- Tales of Doyouguysthinkmonsterhunter5isaps4exclusiveria

But yeah, Tales of Festival is where whatever game Switch is getting will be announced. My money is def. on PS4/Switch multiplat, don't see Bamco going with an exclusive (even a B-tier entry and/or remake/port).
Tales of Human
Tales of Monster
Tales of Dog
Tales of Cat
Tales of Pokemon
Tales of Water
Tales of Rock
Tales of mountain

Top Bottom