• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

I don't see the 2D Mario fatigue. NSMBU still sold 5 million on a 13.5 million console. That's really good. I can understand the NSMB fatigue with the same artstyle and music. Also, when it released in 2012 I believe NSMB2 released like 2-3 months earlier.

Then Mario Maker sold millions. Yes it's a different 2D Mario game in not being a full adventure, but still. We don't have any big original 2D Platformer on Switch (Yoshi and Kirby coming next year). Plus, there was the Wii U fatigue of having too many 2D Platformers and not much of else.

I fully expect a brand new artstyle and music with the next 2D Mario. I'm itching to see what Nintendo comes up with.

LordKano

I prefer to leave direct speculation fever to the possible direct topic

Me too.

Anyway, haven't seen it brought up but a new Kamen Rider game was announced for PS4 to release this year, on December 7, with an asian release :
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-first-trailer-details-screenshots
The last one released on 3DS and sold around 60k LTD according to Famitsu. Another released one year earlier on all PS platforms and sold 120k LTD all platforms combined.

Maybe if the amount of third party devs rises secrecy will be become harder to keep concerning directs. I mean, it was easy around WiiU times as only Nintendo was involved
I'm half joking

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nintendo is a company with some of the best hidden secrets. Some third party announcements are more or less confirmed for this direct but nothing solid from Nintendo, everything is pure guess.

javac

I was thinking that Smash would be announced during Nintendo World Championship finals or something but I don't even know what that thing is.

Lizardus

The last two pages....... Hell God Baby Damn, the hype level is through the roof.

I'll try to bring it down to a reasonable level before the direct.

Because Mario Maker is technically endless, releasing it after a new standard 2D entry validates both. They can also introduce new things/artstyle that can later make their way to Mario Maker

It depends what a Mario Maker Switch is exactly, they don't have to cover the same ground, the next 2D Mario could even be so different that it doesn't easily fit as a Mario Maker style, and they could leave Mario Maker single player and keep the multiplayer in a new 2D Mario.

Nintendo is a company with some of the best hidden secrets. Some third party announcements are more or less confirmed for this direct but nothing solid from Nintendo, everything is pure guess.
What about new third party collaborations? Could we see that?

Nibel

I expect some good 3rd party announcements (both Japanese and Western) and a few first party surprises; should be a fun week

(I wonder if Nintendo will show up to the Apple event - which is Sept 12 - again and present Animal Crossing)

Nah, Capcom will announce MH5 as a Switch exclusive in a Direct next week and cut off the legs of MHW's sales.

Then, two months before MH5 comes out, they'll announce Monster Hunter SUPER World for PS4/XB1/PC to sabotage that launch.

Then, right before MHSW releases, they'll announce Monster Hunter Frontier 2, and... OK that one won't do anything.

My guy: not only do you have an excellent avatar but those are excellent predictions as well

I know, because I'm his source.

jo0bftgd2sy7.png

I was also the source for the original 4chan rumor. That was me trying to sabotage the MHW reveal.

jo0bftgd2sy7.png

Capcom is not safe as long I'm around.

Damn

oZ3WcHh.gif

Our boy Samuel out here playing the long game

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
The last two pages....... Hell God Baby Damn, the hype level is through the roof.

I'll try to bring it down to a reasonable level before the direct.

If you revisit last September's Direct you'll realize Nintendo sees it very seriously. It's the one that reveals holiday schedule.

Lizardus

If you revisit last September's Direct you'll realize Nintendo sees it very seriously. It's the one that reveals holiday schedule.

I was talking about my own personal hype level but good to know that it's gonna be a big one.

Any chances of teasers for next year? 3rd party wise.

What about 3rd party for rest of the year? I can't see them dropping 3rd party reveals couple of months before release.

Oregano

I'm looking forward to seeing what other old games publishers will dust off to throw on Switch now that they know there's money to be made.

Fiendcode

I'd like to see Tales, Taiko, Blazblue and Bokujou Monogatari finally revealed. And whatever Nagoshi's doing (Monkey Ball?).

Sadist

Haha, I read about Direct rumblings from the LA Noire leaker and I was like "oh Vern has some stuff again." And behold... I wonder what will come.

With Bethesda and Rockstar present in the first year, I imagine some surprises.

Btw, opening a Direct speculation thread will likely get locked right?

I'm looking forward to seeing what other old games publishers will dust off to throw on Switch now that they know there's money to be made.

I'm fine with this in general. I'm sure there are lots of games I missed that I'd love to have on the Switch, especially if they put in some effort on the ports.

Laplasakos

Getting mixed signals... Can someone decipher this?

Sure, pick one

a) Chris is having fun
b) Chris in his try to calm fanxiety about 3rd party announcements, chose the worst picture possible
c) Chris is hinting a new VF game for Switch

Answer:
it's a)

Lizardus

Sure, pick one

a) Chris is having fun
b) Chris in his try to calm fanxiety about 3rd party announcements, chose the worst picture possible

Answer:
it's a

It's a what? Don't keep me waiting,can't take this hype!

Neoxon

MatrixMan.EXE already confirmed this way before your post Sammy
jo0bftgd2sy7.png

(Also, my guess is we won't hear jackshit about this until after MHW launching)
Yeah, they wouldn't want to throw MHW under the bus. Also, isn't MHW already supposed to be MH5 (at least according to Capcom)?

Eolz

Sure, pick one

a) Chris is having fun

Answer:
it's a)

I read it as b) but now he's d) sad at the overreactions.

Neoxon

Still, a new Direct will be great. The last traditional Direct was... in April? Its been a while.
I believe so, though we also had the E3 Spotlight as well as dedicated Directs for both ARMS & Splatoon 2.

Either way, we still need a solid release date for Xenoblade 2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Road to TGS.™

Notes:
- The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS, except mobile will be focused on games from traditional publishers, or really notable non-traditional publisher games.
- The list will include the title, genre, publisher, developer (if known), release window (if known), and any pertinent notes.
- I won't be including things until they at least have one platform announced. Similarly, games announced prior to this window with no platforms count as a new announcement. Beyond that, I'm being a bit more generous with inclusions instead of waiting until the full details show up unless we just clearly don't know enough to list it.
- This will be the Switch's first Road to TGS.

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation
Publisher/Developer: Sega / Atlus
Platform(s): iOS/Android
Genre: Unknown
Release Window: Unknown
Notes: This is the first co-development effort between Sega and its subsidiary Atlus. It's primarily developed by Sega Networks, which is Sega's mobile division. Sega stated intentions to do this when they first bought Atlus, so it's probably the first of many.

Bullet Girls Phantasia
Publisher/Developer: D3 Publisher (Bandai Namco) / Shade
Platform(s): PS4/Vita
Genre: TPS
Release Window: Spring 2018
Notes: So imagine if Bullet Girls was even more anime.

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wing Diver The Shooter
Publisher/Developer: D3 Publisher (Bandai Namco)
Platform(s): PS4
Genre: Shmup
Release Window: Fall 2017
Notes: It's a digital only title that costs 2980 yen.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate
Publisher/Developer: 5pb
Genre: RPG
Notes: It's a "Dungeon Exploration style" RPG, to be specific.

Steins;Gate Elite
Publisher/Developer: 5pb / Chiyomaru Studio
Genre: Visual Novel
Notes: This is the newest Steins;Gate game, which is probably 5pb's most successful series?

Gal Metal
Publisher/Developer: DMM Games
Platform(s): Switch
Genre: Rhythm
Release Window: February 2018
Notes: DMM normally only makes mobile and PC games, so they're branching out a bit.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold Edition
Publisher/Developer: Capcom
Platform(s): PS4/XB1/PC
Genre: Horror
Release Date: December 12th, 2017
Notes: A Game of the Year Edition-esque re-release including the main game and all the game's DLC.

Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo – Chichiyou no Etude
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco
Platform(s): PS4 (and PSVR)
Genre: Student Dating Simulator
Release Date: October 12th, 2017
Notes: The third entry in Bandai Namco's PlayStation VR Summer Lesson series.

Platform running totals:
PS4: 27
Switch: 16
3DS: 6
Vita: 13
PC: 7
XB1: 3
Wii U: 1
Traditional Publisher Mobile: 10

Previous Posts:
Week 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245485084&postcount=1638
Week 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246012010&postcount=609
Week 3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246523180&postcount=575
Week 4: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247064994&postcount=831
Week 5: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247835459&postcount=961

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
How could Nirolak forget the huge Switch announcement of Gal Metal?!?

It would be nice to get some media apps announcement for Switch so we can move pass that or even a virtual console announcement.

Top Bottom