• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

salromano

Road to TGS.™

Some additions:

Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco
Platform(s): PS4
Genre: Melee Action
Release Date: December 7
Notes: The first Kamen Rider to feature online battles and be released in Asia.

Resident Evil 7: biohazard Gold Edition
Publisher/Developer: Capcom
Platform(s): PS4/Xbox One/PC
Genre: Horror
Release Date: December 12
Notes: A Game of the Year Edition-esque release including the main game + all DLC.

Gal Metal
Publisher/Developer: DMM Games
Platform(s): Switch
Genre: Super Orthodox Rhythm Game
Release Window: February 2018
Notes: DMM Games' first consumer game release. From scenario writer Shuuhou Imai, character designer Toshinao Aoki, and executive producer Tak Fujii.

Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo – Chichiyou no Etude
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco
Platform(s): PS4/PSVR
Genre: VR Character Communication Experience
Release Date: October 12
Notes: The third entry in Bandai Namco's PlayStation VR-exclusive Summer Lesson series.

Edit: Ignore Gal Metal. Started writing this before you edited it in.

Edit 2: Here's some more:

Hokuto Ga Gotoku
Publisher/Developer: Sega/Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio
Genre: Action-Adventure
Release Window: 2018
Notes: It's a Fist of the North Star game.

Yakuza: Kiwami 2
Genre: Action-Adventure
Release Date: December 7
Notes: Runs on the Dragon Engine used for Yakuza 6.

Yakuza: Online
Platform(s): iOS, Android, PC
Genre: ???
Release Window: 2018
Notes: The first entry in the "New Yakuza Series," which will include developments for both consoles and new platforms.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Lol. You are doing us all a huge favor by even attempting something like this. greatly appreciated.

Oh, I knew you were joking, haha.

I'm hoping the next two weeks are a bit better, as this has been a pretty pathetic year so far overall.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh, I knew you were joking, haha.

I'm hoping the next two weeks are a bit better, as this has been a pretty pathetic year so far overall.

I'd expect next week, between famitsu and likely nintendo direct to have a decent amount of stuff.

Agree so far its pretty underwhelming as far as impactful software.

salromano

Thanks.

I think most of those are in the previous weeks though, with the exception of Summer Lesson (was this not DLC?) and Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition (which I definitely forgot, and have added).

I was just going by your first bullet:

"The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS..."

All of these were announced after August 1:

Kamen Rider - Announced on September 3

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio titles - Announced on August 26

Summer Lesson - Tease-announced on August 31, fully announced September 7

Summer Lesson isn't DLC. It's standalone. This, the Hikari Miyamoto game, and the Allison Snow game are all separate releases. =)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I was just going by your first bullet:

"The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS..."

All of these were announced after August 1:

Kamen Rider - Announced on September 3

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio titles - Announced on August 26

Summer Lesson - Tease-announced on August 31, fully announced September 7

Summer Lesson isn't DLC. It's standalone. This, the Hikari Miyamoto game, and the Allison Snow game are all separate releases. =)

If you look at the post, Nirolak does it weekly and does new announcements for the prior week. There are links to previous weeks :)

To be less vague, I have leaked or confirmed leaks before. Also as far as I know I'm 100% accurate still. Give or take a few games that haven't been announced and/or officially cancelled yet. I try to be pretty open about what I know while at the same time protecting my sources. Prior to the Switch release I let out quite a lot of info that most people claimed was bullshit (no Netflix or 3rd party apps, the amount of RAM, etc) also I mentioned a Rockstar game was coming long long ago and again people cried foul, and when LA Noir leaked I confirmed that was the game I had also heard was coming. Now what, 2 days ago I was proven to be correct once again with that one. Not to toot my own horn but 🎺🎺...
sorry if I sound cocky I'm just having fun... all I do is repeat and share info I hear from my sources, it's nothing to be proud of or cocky about lol. Just passing on info from time to time
You definitely have good sources. Other people appeared to be intentionally misdirected.

To be less vague, I have leaked or confirmed leaks before. Also as far as I know I'm 100% accurate still. Give or take a few games that haven't been announced and/or officially cancelled yet. I try to be pretty open about what I know while at the same time protecting my sources. Prior to the Switch release I let out quite a lot of info that most people claimed was bullshit (no Netflix or 3rd party apps, the amount of RAM, etc) also I mentioned a Rockstar game was coming long long ago and again people cried foul, and when LA Noir leaked I confirmed that was the game I had also heard was coming. Now what, 2 days ago I was proven to be correct once again with that one. Not to toot my own horn but 🎺🎺...
sorry if I sound cocky I'm just having fun... all I do is repeat and share info I hear from my sources, it's nothing to be proud of or cocky about lol. Just passing on info from time to time

Are you willing to list all of your current tidbits still to be confirmed?

Bic Camera lotteries, sunday, september 10:

Switch Splatoon 2 (12 stores)

TOKYO:

Ikebukuro Main Store: 300 switch ( ~ 950 people)

AKIBA Store: 300 ( ~ 700)

Shinjuku West Store: 150 ( ~ 550)

BICQLO Shinjuku East Store: 150 ( ~ 400)

JR Hachioji Station Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

KANAGAWA:

Lazona Kawasaki Store: 300 ( ~ 1200)

Fujisawa Store: 100 ( ~ 750)

AICHI:

Nagoya Station West Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

Nagoya JR GATE TOWER Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

OSAKA:

Namba Store: 100 ( ~ 600)

HIROSHIMA:

Hiroshima Station Store: 100 ( ~ 300)

HOKKAIDO:

Sapporo Store: 100 ( ~ 500)

Switch neon blue / neon red (2 stores)

TOKYO:

Yurakucho Store: 300 ( ~ 1100)

Tachikawa Store: 100 ( ~ 600)

2.300 Switch this week, ~ 9000 people.

hiska-kun

2.300 switches this week on Bic Camera's lottery. Last week they were 2.600. So a small drop to be expected.

Around ~45k based on this numbers.

Switch Splatoon 2

TOKYO:

Ikebukuro Main Store: 150 switch ( ~ 1000 people)

2.150 Switch this week.

Ikebukuro is 300 switch, so 2.300 in total.

KtSlime

So what are predictions for DBX2 for Switch?
30k? 40k?

Probably close to whatever they shipped. I went to a few of the local game shops and couldn't find any copies. Big online retailers are out of stock, and it will be a few weeks before they get any more, and the small retailers have a good markup. They probably printed twice whatever they did for One Piece, so I'd guess closer to 30k.

KtSlime

But it could mean that it was sold out due to a pretty low shipment,right?

It could, but that would be a very odd and unlikely decision to come from Bamco, don't you agree? It's strange to think we could be living in a universe where they printed fewer copies of DBX2 than OP:R.

Switch Splatoon 2

TOKYO:

Ikebukuro Main Store: 300 switch ( ~ 950 people)

AKIBA Store: 300 ( ~ 700)

Shinjuku West Store: 150 ( ~ 550)

BICQLO Shinjuku East Store: 150 ( ~ 400)

JR Hachioji Station Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

KANAGAWA:

Lazona Kawasaki Store: 300 ( ~ 1200)

Fujisawa Store: 100 ( ~ 750)

AICHI:

Nagoya Station West Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

Nagoya JR GATE TOWER Store: 100 ( ~ 450)

OSAKA:

Namba Store: 100 ( ~ 600)

HIROSHIMA:

Hiroshima Station Store: 100 ( ~ 300)

HOKKAIDO:

Sapporo Store: 100 ( ~ 500)

Switch neon blue / neon red

TOKYO:

Yurakucho Store: 300 ( ~ 1100)

Tachikawa Store: 100 ( ~ 600)

2.300 Switch this week, ~ 9000 people.

I would think less people would show up for these things over time

crazy numbers

Busaiku

It could, but that would be a very odd and unlikely decision to come from Bamco, don't you agree? It's strange to think we could be living in a universe where they printed fewer copies of DBX2 than OP:R.
In Japan?
One Piece is bigger than Dragon Ball ever was.

jmizzal

I still feel like we'll get an expanded Smash port in Q1. It's the perfect way to cap off Switch's 1st year and it gives Arms and Pokken DX enough breathing room to firmly establish themselves.

Mario Maker seems more like a sequel now though. And maybe not in 2018 even given we've already got Kirby and Yoshi lined up.

Nintendo will have to have some big online game Q1 if they really think many people outside of Splatoon die hards are gonna pay for their online service.

Nilaul

Nintendo will have to have some big online game Q1 if they really think many people outside of Splatoon die hards are gonna pay for their online service.

Charging for Mario maker's online after paying full price would be atrocious without the online component the game is basically useless. I hope they exclude some games from the service but then again its 2017 and atrocious things seem to be the norm.

You don't have to explain that to me, I am well aware. I am specifically talking about these two games.

Yeah, if I recall correctly both Xenoverse games performed far better than any version of OP:UWR. I'm expecting XV2's FW to be ~30k, based on YSO's predictions and the fact that it's sold out.

Fisico

I'm thinking that Tales might be announced during Sony TGS conf, assuming it's Vesperia Remake.

Remaster.

9000 developers alone, think about how many people could leak a game.

Even more than that, but it's not like every Ubisoft's employee has access/knowledge to what every team worldwide is doing, even at HQ there are some studios where people have no idea what they're doing (minus Guillemot and a few people at the very top of the company)
When it's from Montreal and/or involve multiple studio it's clearly a mess though (which is why everything Assassin's Creed related leaks every single time) to the point they're not even trying to avoid leaks so much anymore.

but come on,a port of Xenoverse 2 performing that well is pretty weird also

but come on,a port of Xenoverse 2 performing that well is pretty weird also

I wouldn't say that.

Famitsu:

Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission - 90.119 / 299.001
Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 - 70. 832 / 217.185
Dragon Ball Fusions - 81.548 / 194.375
Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X - 92.809 / 180.903
Dragon Ball: Extreme Butoden - 68.398 / 150.989

All on 3DS. The system by far was the most popular for the series in a really long time IIRC.

MoonFrog

Is this Steins;Gate game a version of the original and/or 0 or something else?

Hope visual novels find a home on Switch either way (and text adventure games too).

Zalman

Is this Steins;Gate game a version of the original and/or 0 or something else?

Hope visual novels find a home on Switch either way (and text adventure games too).
It's a remake of the original with added story elements. We don't know much else yet.

MoonFrog

It's a remake of the original with added story elements. We don't know much else yet.

We have a few coming already, including Anonymous;Code by 5pb also.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409161

Thanks.

But yeah, it is a genre I haven't delved too far into but am interested in. (Pretty much just played Steins;Gate truth be told :p).

And I think that is a part of the Vita scene that Switch could absorb. It seems like it could be a good home if portability is important to audiences for them.

And then I do also hope we get more DS/3DS/PSP/Vita style text adventure games on Switch too. I'll be happy if/when Ace Attorney makes the jump, for example.

Vena

I'm thinking that Tales might be announced during Sony TGS conf, assuming it's Vesperia Remake.

Its as Nirolak said, Sony isn't likely to have much in the pipeline any more (that we don't already know about) and Tales Of would definitely be something to see in their pre-TGS conference if it exists. Whatever the case, they'll do most of their focus on MH and probably MH bundles in lieu of strong games this holiday.

Top Bottom