• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Molecule Announces New IP, Dreams

qko

All consoles need one or two games like this. Should it have been MM? The software will determine that.

I think it's super early y'all, but I agree I have no idea what that is
KuGsj.gif

RagnarokX

MM can't figure out how to make good player-generated gameplay, gets rid of gameplay altogether and makes movie maker... :(

Malus

It's not for me but it looks great for people into art. (Could copy paste this response into any creation game thread lol)

DevilFox

Very ambitious but I don't know how it's going to be received. LBP in comparison was easy to understand and play, this looks way more complex in every way.

I love it. It's something different. I always welcome an attempt at something creative and out of the box. Media Molecule games always leave me smiling.

Stampy

This opens up so many questions. I thought I would knew more after the conference, but obviously this was just a hint, slow intro to the game, can't wait for more. BTW, we don't know whether the whole game is called Dreams, or is this still a project name?

MaDKaT

Easily my most wanted 'game' that has been shown so far. Even if it is really just about creating interactive playsets. Mm just continues to wow me.

Totally loved the Tim Burton vibe from this. My wife and I were both super stoked for this. I'm not a creative guy but know that people out there will come up with some amazing things.

Damaniel

Banned
Sounds like there's lots of disappointment in here, but I actually like studios doing things that are different. Sure, it won't appeal to everybody, but if the tools are easy to use then the amount of player-generated content is going to be insane.

I think I'm getting old or dumb because this was one of the most exciting things I saw at any conference today.

It's still almost all potential, and I don't even know what that potential is, but man was that just great to look at.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This was easily the thing I want to see more of the most.

Stampy

Sounds like there's lots of disappointment in here, but I actually like studios doing things that are different. Sure, it won't appeal to everybody, but if the tools are easy to use then the amount of player-generated content is going to be insane.

What excites me the most is the fact they took a huge creative risk with this. I guess people are confused because they can't compare it easily to anything else on the market.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine if this becomes a COD level success and it ushers a new age of trippy gaming where all the big publishers try to chase after its success.

I wish I could experience that parallel universe.

I really hope there is a game under this somewhere.

Or just come out and say its just interactive software like wonderbook or that Vr pet thing from years ago

Calcium

Banned
I doubt I will ever use the game to actually create anything myself, but I can't wait to see what other people come up with. The dreams look gorgeous, I'm sure there are some creative people that are going to come up with some insane stuff.

People really doubt the potential of a game like this with the things we've seen out of games like Minecraft?

This really looks incredible, there will be some spectacular things to come out of this tool.

Interested to see what MM themselves do with the singleplayer

PaulloDEC

Looks beautiful, but I don't think I'll be able to really feel really impressed until I can better understand what the software is capable of. What they've shown makes it seem like a creation suite for interactive movies, though they mentioned you'll be able to make games as well.

Looking forward to seeing a more in-depth preview.

Rione

It seems super interesting but I want to know more ... like the extent of the creation system they've built here. Are the creations you make interactive? Can they be interactive? So many questions yet so little answers! I mean the concept of making dreams is definitely intriguing to me but if all I'm making is dreams people watch I'm not sure I see the merit. We'll see and I really hope they elaborate in the future

I love this kinda stuff, the Van Gogh inspired background animations look gorgeous. Whatever shaders they're using are most impressive too, looks like clay. Curious if they're using a similar lighting model that Tomorrow Children is using, reminded me of that. I don't really spend much time with packed in editors in games but I'll definitely give this a whirl if nothing else to take in the visuals and see what others come up with. Hopefully people can create things in a relatively simple way that's far less janky feeling than the typical lbp user made content.

Boo lol. Looked amazing.

Yea, for the handful of people who can and will actually bother to learn the toolset and makes stuff. The rest of us will watch a youtube compilation and move on.

For how often Sony called MM "geniuses" they have still yet to make a game that actually plays well. It's an entire studio of artists and no actual game designers.

This is amazing and really strange that So many are not seeing its potential. This is a game to create your dreams and share With others. You can now bring some of your dreams to reality in this virtual universe and see.

Yea, for the handful of people who can and will actually bother to learn the toolset and makes stuff. The rest of us will watch a youtube compilation and move on.

For how often Sony called MM "geniuses" they have still yet to make a game that actually plays well. It's an entire studio of artists and no actual game designers.

Tearaway is not a game? MM create games where gamers can unleash their creativity using toolset. Games can be many types and MM games use the concept of Play Create Share.

nikos

Looks pretty great. If they can remotely capture the feeling of lucid dreaming, especially with the help of VR, it'll be incredible.

Top Bottom