• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Kotaku talks to Dr Canavero's lawyer: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/24/could-the-metal-gear-solid-lookalike-doctor-really-sue-konami

Not making a thread because it'll probably get locked.

Okay, I'm pretty sure that this was one Gaffer who got banned in that thread:

After specifying once again that he didn't know the person who sent the email, he says that right after that he started receiving dozens of phone calls from one individual (he mentions only one phone number with a 0044 prefix) asking him if he knew about Phantom Pain, while laughing.

wilsonda

what is everyone's opinion on Skullface? do you guys think he could turn out to be one of the best villains in the saga?

Skullface is definitely intriguing for now, especially with his diabolical methods of torture

A bit of his backstory was revealed in GZ, but I hope we get a bit more depth from the character along with an awesome boss fight ...

I picture it at towards the end of TPP... I imagine his fight being claustrophobic and dark, with his skull literally shining through the darkness like a ghost. Maybe in a dark basement level, where we engage in CQC combat and his desperation and anger comes out in his fighting style.

Vally

Interview with Stefanie about to start

giphy.gif

Yong be like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) right now

He got a haircut for the occasion too :^)

EDIT: lol "Did you enjoy Ground Zeroes"
cringing atm

Yong REALLY doesn't want the interview to end.
He should be ashamed of his words and deeds.

and yeah lel @ "i know japanese from anime"
And korruptronin just sitting there laughing internally @ yong

EDIT:
"I could sleep to that"
HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

You know i just got done watching the Avengers (first one) earlier today and it got me thinking..

the supernatural/superpower elements are an important part of the MGS universe..... Quiet, Psycho mantis etc...

Quiet, and her superpowers seem to be accepted within the mgs universe by most fans as of now..

but what powers does it have to take before yous say "this doesn't fit the MGS unvierse"...

would someone with a iron man, hulk power set be able to fit in the mgs universe or no

Vally

Yong REALLY doesn't want the interview to end.
He should be ashamed of his words and deeds.

and yeah lel @ "i know japanese from anime"
And korruptronin just sitting there laughing internally @ yong

EDIT:
"I could sleep to that"
HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Hahahahaha

That humming <3

Hahahahaha

That humming <3
Hahaha everyone was expecting her to do it longer (I was).

And radiohammer they were kind of talking about the same thing on FraggedNation right now, but IDK that's a good question. I feel like quiet's powers are kind of too much already (based on what we know at least).
I guess when people start shooting Kamehamehas out of their hands is when it'll be too much for metal gear

squadr0n

I'm wondering if this whole thing with Kojima and corporate is the reason we haven't had a single trailer since. I'm sure the release date will be announced at E3 with some sort of trailer but other than that I bet we don't get any more info.

Getting excited after every trailer release was one of my favorite past times. Kojima is a genius at making trailers that don't give away too much but at the same time create soo much hype. Very sad this is actually the last Metal Gear. Solid Snake better show up at the end.

Vally

I'm wondering if this whole thing with Kojima and corporate is the reason we haven't had a single trailer since. I'm sure the release date will be announced at E3 with some sort of trailer but other than that I bet we don't get any more info.

Getting excited after every trailer release was one of my favorite past times. Kojima is a genius at making trailers that don't give away too much but at the same time create soo much hype. Very sad this is actually the last Metal Gear. Solid Snake better show up at the end.

September 1st!

404 Page Not Found

Sorry, that page wasn't found. Try searching to find what you're looking for.

thats what I get from the link you sent me. Plus wasnt that leaked/not offically announced?

Oh sorry. It should be working now (who knew posting a link would he so hard heh)
Yeah it was leaked but that's the official date. It was officially announced through ign when though it leaked a day before.

And yeah idk if we'll get another trailer. Maybe an E3 trailer not made by Kojima (the thought of this makes me sick).
Also, I may be wrong but didn't Kojima spoil a lot of MGS3 and 4 in trailers (and GZ)

404 Page Not Found

Sorry, that page wasn't found. Try searching to find what you're looking for.

thats what I get from the link you sent me. Plus wasnt that leaked/not offically announced?

september 1st/2nd for NA/EU is 110% confirmed for ps4/3/bone/360 with pc 2 weeks later

Oh I'm not at all bothered about the story or setting, it's just the waves of enemies mixed with shitty controls that I can't stand.

In the Tanker chapter just before you get to the marine holds, there's a long ass corridor where you shoot dudes in the dark. In tale 3 you go back there and have to run and gun through infinitely re-spawning enemies.

welp, yeah. i'm not a big mgs2 fan anyway. i think it's easily the worst MGS gameplay-wise, by a mile

Dawg

Yong pls.

This is exactly what I meant when I was talking about his interview skills earlier.

You know Japanese because of anime? GODDAMNIT, YONG!

Ok, now on to my new theory.

Ocelot says to Big Boss that Cipher is in Africa building a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.
If Cipher is looking to kill Big Boss then why would Big Boss also move to Africa and Build a Fortress?

In the Nuclear trailer we see Big Boss getting of of a jeep with skullface at the entrance to a new previously unseen base with an also previously unseen Metal Gear.
Skull face who we know is in league with Cipher and also wanted to kill Big Boss.

This to me points towards a partnership between Skullface, Cipher and Big Boss.
We know that Cipher allows Big Boss to move back to the United States and become the commander of Foxhound while seemingly knowing that Big Boss has a Fortress in Africa.

I've come to the conclusion that maybe it was Cipher that built the fortress, hired Skullface to kill Big Boss or (force him join the patriots again) and Big Boss betrays them both and takes over the fortress and forms OH.

Sorry in this late comment, but Skull Face is clearly out to kill Zero. And was not in league with Cipher. He was technically part of Cipher, but had very much gone rogue.

And I think I speak for many people when I say Big Boss should be the one to build Outer Heaven. It's his ideology after all. And I speak for myself when I say he should be forcing Kyle Schneider to build it.

I love Kyle Schneider stop judging me! :D

duckroll

Let's make some things clear. Trying to start up drama by linking to posts members make outside of NeoGAF is not acceptable. It is creepy, annoying, and non-productive. Trying to bully other members is also frowned upon, and if you think someone is a troll or breaking rules on the forum, you can report them to a mod. If you simply don't want someone to be a part of your community and want to chase them out, well you can't do that. Too bad.

If a community cannot behave itself and follow the general rules that apply across the entire forum, then it doesn't need to exist here. I hope Dawg's poor attitude does not reflect the general feelings of the Metal Gear community here.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Had a dream about the MGO3 beta today. It was really good ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865; °)

Woffls

welp, yeah. i'm not a big mgs2 fan anyway. i think it's easily the worst MGS gameplay-wise, by a mile
I always played MGS2 on super easy because the gameplay and controls frustrated the hell out of me, and really I just want to enjoy everything else about the game. I never really noticed how much they drag the game down until I went through Snake Tales. So yeah, I now agree that it has the worst gameplay in the main series.

That said, I'm glad I went through the bullshit of tales B and C because the last tale is... well... it's somethin'.

Skullface

Let's make some things clear. Trying to start up drama by linking to posts members make outside of NeoGAF is not acceptable. It is creepy, annoying, and non-productive. Trying to bully other members is also frowned upon, and if you think someone is a troll or breaking rules on the forum, you can report them to a mod. If you simply don't want someone to be a part of your community and want to chase them out, well you can't do that. Too bad.

If a community cannot behave itself and follow the general rules that apply across the entire forum, then it doesn't need to exist here. I hope Dawg's poor attitude does not reflect the general feelings of the Metal Gear community here.

Woah, wut? What'd I miss?

Rajang

I always played MGS2 on super easy because the gameplay and controls frustrated the hell out of me, and really I just want to enjoy everything else about the game. I never really noticed how much they drag the game down until I went through Snake Tales. So yeah, I now agree that it has the worst gameplay in the main series.

That said, I'm glad I went through the bullshit of tales B and C because the last tale is... well... it's somethin'.

Snake Tales have nothing to do with the MGS2 story. You can ignore them.

And MGS2 was a huge step up from MGS1 in terms of gameplay and A.I. The only criticism I have of MGS2 are the controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom