• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
And MGS3 was not?

Worst story in the series.

sheep-staring.jpg

KorrZ

MGS 2 has like the most ambitious story in any video game of all time

I feel like MGS2's story is way more interesting in hindsight. It's very cool to talk about, read about and dig into all the little nuances. Not as great when you're actually just playing it for the first time and going "what the fuck?"

I feel like MGS2's story is way more interesting in hindsight. It's very cool to talk about, read about and dig into all the little nuances. Not as great when you're actually just playing it for the first time and going "what the fuck?"

i think mgs 2 story is a hit or miss...people either love it or hate it

Error1355

And MGS3 was not?

You know, the first time I played MGS3 and got to Granin I was very underwhelmed. It was full of really pointless fan service showing
different Metal Gears, ZOE/RAY figures, making him the actual designer of REX, Otacon's daddy being involved... etc etc.

I remember having that cutscene end and feeling really sour on the game. It got way, way better though from there... but it took awhile while playing it the first time to feel like I was really enjoying the plot.

Shy

Yeah mother base invasions are looking dark souls-ish, which is a good thing.
MGSV is gonna be my life, so Multiplayer will keep the game interesting forever.
Yep, i'm really looking forward to this aspect of the game so much.
Yong be like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) right now

He got a haircut for the occasion too :^)

EDIT: lol "Did you enjoy Ground Zeroes"
cringing atm
'I know your Japanese is perfect because I watch a lot of anime'

Yong pls

lol
This is guy such a fucking embarrassment, it's not even funny.
Let's make some things clear. Trying to start up drama by linking to posts members make outside of NeoGAF is not acceptable. It is creepy, annoying, and non-productive. Trying to bully other members is also frowned upon, and if you think someone is a troll or breaking rules on the forum, you can report them to a mod. If you simply don't want someone to be a part of your community and want to chase them out, well you can't do that. Too bad.

If a community cannot behave itself and follow the general rules that apply across the entire forum, then it doesn't need to exist here. I hope Dawg's poor attitude does not reflect the general feelings of the Metal Gear community here.
*sigh*
I will PM you.
May i have a PM as well, please. i would really like to what happened.
Well it's official :(

2015-04-2615_28_41-tv0frf6.png
This makes me sad in my heart.
Someone on Reddit made a summary of the Stefanie interview
Awesome awesome stuff.
MGS4's story is a total train wreck.
I agree with the force of a thousand dying suns
And MGS3 was not?

dbvVwJ4.gif

Dammit what did Dawg do this time? This is why we can't have nice things.
I'm a grown ass man, i can't be arsed with all this drama. which is why i don't come around here too much anymore, unfortunately.

so with MGS superpowers/supernatural elements...

would you guys say Quiet is about the limit of MGS when it comes to super-powered beings..her and Mantis etc...

i mean seeing a thor level or hulk level character would be ridicolous in mgs...

Vally

the supernatural/superpower elements are an important part of the MGS universe..... Quiet, Psycho mantis etc...

Quiet, and her superpowers seem to be accepted within the mgs universe by most fans as of now..

but what powers does it have to take before yous say "this doesn't fit the MGS unvierse"...

would someone with a iron man, hulk power set be able to fit in the mgs universe or no

so with MGS superpowers/supernatural elements...

would you guys say Quiet is about the limit of MGS when it comes to super-powered beings..her and Mantis etc...

i mean seeing a thor level or hulk level character would be ridicolous in mgs...

Yes

KorrZ

I don't mind the crazy powers at all, I more wonder why Kojima even bothers trying to explain away some things though. Why try and pull the nanomachines card with Vamp?

You can't explain Psycho Mantis, Volgin, The Pain, The Fear, Vulcan Raven etc. with nano machines.

I don't mind the crazy powers at all, I more wonder why Kojima even bothers trying to explain away some things though. Why try and pull the nanomachines card with Vamp?

You can't explain Psycho Mantis, Volgin, The Pain, The Fear, Vulcan Raven etc. with nano machines.

i don't think Kojima will try to explain Quiet in TPP...their will probably be some vague hints but that's probably the extent of it...

You know, the first time I played MGS3 and got to Granin I was very underwhelmed. It was full of really pointless fan service showing
different Metal Gears, ZOE/RAY figures, making him the actual designer of REX, Otacon's daddy being involved... etc etc.

I remember having that cutscene end and feeling really sour on the game. It got way, way better though from there... but it took awhile while playing it the first time to feel like I was really enjoying the plot.
Granin is
the actual designer of REX.

Why? So you would ask this question.

Woffls

Oh wow, I really have to complete every VR and AR mission in MGS2 for this achievement, huh? This could take a while.

i hope Kojima....doesn't just hide behind "he was secretly fighting the Patriots" as the sole reason for Big Boss downfall..

i mean that can be one factor/reason obviously...but i also want it to be a multitude of factors, like he just really wants to liberate soldiers from goverments etc. etc.

Rajang

Oh wow, I really have to complete every VR and AR mission in MGS2 for this achievement, huh? This could take a while.

LOL, gl with that. For me it was the hardest part of getting the platinum for MGS2.

Some of those VR missions are incredibly difficult, my "favorite" being the protect the box mission with MGS1 Snake: you need to protect a cardboard box from 31 rushing soldiers with a PSG1, if even one soldier reaches the box its game over. The music in that vr mission still haunts me in my dreams.

As lame as the Vamp nanomachines explanation was, I do think it was cool that you had to use the syringe to kill him. It was a great way of connecting story with gameplay. You know the syringe repressed nanomachines, and you know that vamp is immortal because of nanomachines, and he keeps coming back to life after getting his HP to zero... so piecing that all together that you have to use the syringe to repress his nanos and then he'll die was cool. I felt pretty good about myself when I figured it out.

And yeah, Raiden REALLY should've died after jumping in front of Haven. What was the point of the making it sad and all if he's just back after a few minutes.

And Act 4 was kind of boring because all it had were dwarf gekkos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom