• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Let's make some things clear. Trying to start up drama by linking to posts members make outside of NeoGAF is not acceptable. It is creepy, annoying, and non-productive. Trying to bully other members is also frowned upon, and if you think someone is a troll or breaking rules on the forum, you can report them to a mod. If you simply don't want someone to be a part of your community and want to chase them out, well you can't do that. Too bad.

If a community cannot behave itself and follow the general rules that apply across the entire forum, then it doesn't need to exist here. I hope Dawg's poor attitude does not reflect the general feelings of the Metal Gear community here.

oooh... wth is going on?

see Jin and Dawg banned. o_O

Who is chasing who? wuuuuuuuuut?

We need that no fighting banner.

Rajang

oooh... wth is going on?

see Jin and Dawg banned. o_O

Who is chasing who? wuuuuuuuuut?

We need that no fighting banner.

A wild Brau appears!

How have you been? We miss you on gram.

Btw if anyone wants to join us in the groupchat on telegram, let me know.

Woffls

Snake Tales have nothing to do with the MGS2 story. You can ignore them.

And MGS2 was a huge step up from MGS1 in terms of gameplay and A.I. The only criticism I have of MGS2 are the controls.
Oh, I'm very aware that the Snake Tales are fully removed from the main story, but there's an achievement for beating them :(

I think MGS1 holds up a bit better because it plays like a 2.5D game with 2.5D controls, but MGS2 plays like a 3D game with 2.5D controls. I think MGS2 expects the player to be aware of their surroundings to a level which is made very difficult by the controls.

I imagine it's considerably better when you know all the AI behaviour and take your time, but there's so many times where I've poked my head through a door to see who is there, only to get spotted instantly.

Skullface

Thanks for the pm Jimmy. Not that any of it makes sense, but it certainly explains what happnend. And thanks to you Rajang, I'll set up a telegram account when I get a chance.

Snake tales was poop did not enjoy it

Y'know, I have no idea what I thought was going to happen, getting to play as Snake on the Big Shell. Maybe I was expecting the events of the Big Shell from Snake's perspective? What ever I was hoping for, it wasn't Snake Tales.

Oh, I'm very aware that the Snake Tales are fully removed from the main story, but there's an achievement for beating them :(

I think MGS1 holds up a bit better because it plays like a 2.5D game with 2.5D controls, but MGS2 plays like a 3D game with 2.5D controls. I think MGS2 expects the player to be aware of their surroundings to a level which is made very difficult by the controls.

I imagine it's considerably better when you know all the AI behaviour and take your time, but there's so many times where I've poked my head through a door to see who is there, only to get spotted instantly.

yeah. it's not just the controls though. the camera is awful. there are sections that are impossible without radar or memorizing the enemy patterns via trial and error (ie. running around blind hoping not to get caught)

brau

A wild Brau appears!

How have you been? We miss you on gram.

Btw if anyone wants to join us in the groupchat on telegram, let me know.

Hey dude.

Things are great. Was tired after the trip, but it went really well. Lots of things happening here in the thread since Weds.

Error1355

Everytime I hear more bad Konami related news (Such as the Silent Hills thing for sure being canned) I keep stressing that Konami would fuck up MGS V in some way. <_<

Vally

Well it's official :(

2015-04-2615_28_41-tv0frf6.png

Vally

Someone on Reddit made a summary of the Stefanie interview:

• This one surprised me. Stefanie played MGS1, 3, 4, and Peace Walker. She started 2 but never finished it (she got stuck).
  • Stefanie is doing both facial and body motion capture for MGSV. This is because the mocap is done in Japan so since she's based in Japan she could do it. "You'll notice on the other characters when someone else does the motion capture he will look like a different person." (eg: Big Boss looks like Kiefer)
  • She says she had "military training" to prep for the role. The others get a kick out of the thought of Kojima doing CQC.
  • Stefanie Joosten will be doing the grunting, humming, of Quiet in English and Japanese versions of MGSV:TPP. (The question was only about the English and Japanese versions).
  • On Quiet's relationship to Big Boss: "It's very complicated. TPP will be a whole different experience for Metal Gear fans. All I can say is the relationship between Big Boss and Quiet depends on the player. It depends on their actions and their decisions. You'll have to see for yourself."
  • Facial capture really helps because you say so much with so little.
  • "Her [Quiet's] powers aren't the only thing that makes her strong. She has a strong sense of pride. It really comes through in her personality and actions."

EGOMON

Holy shit Raiden just stopped Outer Haven Warship singlehanded!!
That's it am going out to buy Metal Gear Rising today he just took Big Boss place as my favorite character in MGS series.
I've been going through the series one by one in their release order and what a ride now am on act 5 in MGS4.

Edit: after finishing the game, Big Boss is back on top sorry great one for my ignorance *salute*

That's it am going out to buy Metal Gear Rising today he just took Big Boss place as my favorite character in MGS series.
I've been going through the series one by one in their release order and what a ride now am on act 5 in MGS4.

i always thought that scene was dumb...he was able to stop a moving fortress

yet had trouble getting a rock off of his arm

Error1355

I didn't like most of Act 4 even though I don't think I've ever had such a feeling of nostalgic rush than I did in the beginning of Act 4.

The damn Dwarf Gekkos were too much.

I also hated all the nanomachine explanations for Vamp and 'OH BY THE WAY I HAVE CANCER Naomi' and Vamp, and driving the REX, while cool didn't make sense... and Raiden being silly stopping an entire tanker....
And Mount Snakemore...

i always thought that scene was dumb...he was able to stop a moving fortress

yet had trouble getting a rock off of his arm
Yeah.
They play it off as such a heroic sacrifice when he just comes back moments later too.

They seriously were at a loss of what to do with a character so OP that wasn't allowed to be the hero.

yeah. it's not just the controls though. the camera is awful. there are sections that are impossible without radar or memorizing the enemy patterns via trial and error (ie. running around blind hoping not to get caught)

I'm in the opposite camp of most people. I think MGS2 is the best game from a gameplay perspective. The game has a steep learning curve no doubt but once you master everything I feel like it's the most rewarding game to play. I don't believe the game requires trial and error because you have so much at your disposal to get around the camera issues like the AP sensor, knocking, empty magazines etc. Also, FPS view and leaning/tippy toes.

Game involves a lot of precision and really good timing which is what makes it my favourite game. MGS3 and 4 on the other hand are just too easy by comparison.

KorrZ

MGS4's story is a total train wreck.

It's kind of funny going through the original MGS4 OT at this point, and the amount of posts that were ranking MGS4 like:

gameplay: 4>>>>>>>>3>2>1
story: 4>>>>>>>x>x>x
bosses: 4>>>>>>>>x>x>x

etc. etc. It's kind of funny how quickly that opinion soured.

It's kind of funny going through the original MGS4 OT at this point, and the amount of posts that were ranking MGS4 like:

gameplay: 4>>>>>>>>3>2>1
story: 4>>>>>>>x>x>x
bosses: 4>>>>>>>>x>x>x

etc. etc. It's kind of funny how quickly that opinion soured.
This is why I always say to just wait until the game comes out every time it's asked "will MGSV be the greatest MGS?" because even if it turned out to be exceptional (and I'm sure it will based on GZ's gameplay) I'm sure the hype will die down and people will return to loving their personal favorites the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom