• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots 2.0 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Woffls

I replayed MGS4 8 times in one week to get emblems and because it's really god damn fun as well. It's a shame that progress can't be retained, but starting fresh is cool as well. I guess I've learned a lot about the game and level layouts and that sort of thing, so it's not all lost.

Unfortunately my PS3 has not been connected to the internet for eight months, so if I bring it to work to update I'll probably have to spend about 3 days updating it... =/

Could play the others in the mean time I suppose, but that means going to my parents to get Twin Snakes >_<

dc89

Playing on Hard.

MbN0r.jpg

Some close calls, but no alerts so far. The AI is merciless though, I literally just had to move a little to fast and they were coming to find me. Luckily I got away :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The amount of versatility Snake has in this game is insane. Replaying this game just reminded me why I still think it's in my top 5 games of all time.

skynidas

Banned
I'm impressed at how well this game holds up 4 years later from its release, the graphics are still great and the gameplay is one of the best ones this generation. One of my favorite games ever.

I'm impressed at how well this game holds up 4 years later from its release, the graphics are still great and the gameplay is one of the best ones this generation. One of my favorite games ever.

Check the sound. (Assuming you have a decent sound system)

:)

Revven

Urgh, I'm not sure if I can play this still. Last time I tried to install it on my PS3, I just got the stupid disc read error icon and it was looking like it was going to take quite a bit longer than the suggested 8 minutes because of it.

Is the installing any better? Or does it still use that stupid Snake animation with the install bar? I mean, aside from installing the whole game data. I don't want to run the risk that my 40GB bluray drive may go kaput from this.

Luigi87

Urgh, I'm not sure if I can play this still. Last time I tried to install it on my PS3, I just got the stupid disc read error icon and it was looking like it was going to take quite a bit longer than the suggested 8 minutes because of it.

Is the installing any better? Or does it still use that stupid Snake animation with the install bar? I mean, aside from installing the whole game data. I don't want to run the risk that my 40GB bluray drive may go kaput from this.

16 minutes of smoking Snake.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
No but you can keep a save at the start of each chapter for that. Though stats will carry over, so it can be used for some chapter specific trophies. Also note the game has a new game+ of sorts so you can keep weapons.

Nice! Thanks! I'll keep this in mind so I can hunt for Trophies easier. :)

Salaadin

One of my favorite things about MGS4 is all the different ways that Snake can move. I spend a lot of time crawling so the side roll was such a cool addition

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yup, MGS4 still looks amazing. Also, wasn't it only 1024x768 or something?

Yoshichan

They're so menacing, haha. It's awesome.
The scene in (act 4 spoilers)
Shadow Moses when you have you avoid the Gecko for several minutes while Otacon hacks the lock...
So fucking intense.

So the patch is out for us... Ugh I want to play through it again so bad but I'm way too busy lately. I'll see when I can squeeze in some time >< Amazing OT by the way.

Vossler

My first ever sit-down-to-platinum-a-game commences tonight. I suppose I should work on MGS2 and 3 as well on the Vita. I am excite for this!

Oni Jazar

Not too long ago people have dogged on the graphics of MGS4. I've always been a proponent of how good it looks. Can't wait to jump back in. Shame MGO is gone.

Best game ever just got bester. I got like 10 new games from the PS plus thing on hold but I just want to play this thing again

Yoshichan

How does everybody think MGS4 will do in this months npd? I'm thinking top 5.
Not a chance it'll even chart. Trophies will barely affect the sales.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I replayed MGS4 8 times in one week to get emblems and because it's really god damn fun as well. It's a shame that progress can't be retained, but starting fresh is cool as well. I guess I've learned a lot about the game and level layouts and that sort of thing, so it's not all lost.

Unfortunately my PS3 has not been connected to the internet for eight months, so if I bring it to work to update I'll probably have to spend about 3 days updating it... =/

Could play the others in the mean time I suppose, but that means going to my parents to get Twin Snakes >_<

Download the new firmware here first, then you'll only have to download the new patch (which took me ~10 minutes)

MNC

My God... So awesome.

The thing that was actually the worst is that there's so many different ways to approach enemies in this game and I never did any CQC! CQC is awesome!

Fuck shit man, I want to play MGS4 now. But I need to get the HD collection for maximum maximumness.

Question(spoiler MGS4):
After the fight with Raging Raven a cutscene plays where you meetup with Ocelot, and then Snake and Ocelot fight. Ocelot tells snake when it comes to CQC he has the upper hand. How the flock does Ocelot have the upper hand with CQC?

Ridley327

Question(spoiler MGS4):
After the fight with Raging Raven a cutscene plays where you meetup with Ocelot, and then Snake and Ocelot fight. Ocelot tells snake when it comes to CQC he has the upper hand. How the flock does Ocelot have the upper hand with CQC?

Well, Ocelot did learn from the best...

I will be joining you guys tomorrow probably. I have to Platinum another game first. I can't wait to play this again!

Snake's iPod was one of my favourite parts of the game once you get most of the songs unlocked...

Question(spoiler MGS4):

Because he (vague spoilers and MGS3 spoilers)
idolised Big Boss and learned CQC from observing Big Boss. In addition to this the fight on the WIG in MGS3 was roughly a match between the two. Ocelot is also implied to be the son of The Boss and in addition to this throughout MGS3 Big Boss gives him advice. Snake learnt from Big Boss but did not use CQC extensively after Big Boss's insurrection.
. Or so I believe anyway. My knowledge of the story has faded slightly over time so there may be more details.

Yoshichan

Yeah, quite ridiculous if you ask me... if this was a game that was designed to be replayed (Demon's Souls, Diablo 3, etc) then it would make sense... but MGS4? Come on ._.

STG

hey people, don't forget to plug in your ps3 headsets, and pipe codec messages to the headset in the option menu. I always loved that feature

Top Bottom