• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

Zeppeli

Banned
And it's 0p and 0fps on my PC or Wii U ;_;

Anyways, I think it's time to stop acting like we're surprised by this... Yes, it's been established, the Xbox One is weaker. But why do we need to have these arguments over power? Just buy a nice gaming PC if you want the best graphics. Otherwise, get the platform with the most exclusives you like.

These comparisons are just getting silly. It's about the games people, as long as they're good, who cares what resolution they run at?
60fps is golden though

Boke1879

Major props to Konami and Kojima for being this straightforward and honest about this. Probably one of the only devs to do this.

Lots of respect from me.

QzPcN.gif

Oh god. This thread is never going to end.

On topic: I'm actually pretty surprised that in order to maintain 60 fps the xbox one would need to be dropped all the way to 720p. That just seems.. abnormal.

It's the tools, don't worry, any day now.

Seriously though, I thought it'd at least be 900p. Guess 60fps was the more important ideal there.

Tools, drivers, cloud.

Pretty soon it will be the capacitors or resistors on the motherboard is holding it back.

Who knows what else they'll come up with.

And it's 0p and 0fps on my PC or Wii U ;_;

Anyways, I think it's time to stop acting like we're surprised by this... Yes, it's been established, the Xbox One is weaker. But why do we need to have these arguments over power? Just buy a nice gaming PC if you want the best graphics. Otherwise, get the platform with the most exclusives you like.

These comparisons are just getting silly. It's about the games people, as long as they're good, who cares what resolution they run at?
60fps is golden though

Why enter a thread about resolution to tell people that it's only about the games? We can have both full HD and amazing games with the PS4. No need for anything else.

Zeppeli

Banned
Major props to Konami and Kojima for being this straightforward and honest about this. Probably one of the only devs to do this.

Lots of respect from me.

You're going to be seeing this a lot more as time goes on. We know the Xbox One is weaker. People should be expecting these differences at this point, instead of putting on a surprised charade... But I can't help but think that the developers and publishers refusing to comment on the technical specifications of their games are just adding fuel to the fire.

MCD

There is absolutely nothing here that can't be done at 1080p 60fps on X1.

Devs are really struggling with the SDK.

iMax

Unless my eyes are broken, the current-gen and next-gen comparison shots don't look significantly different.

edit: these are better shots.

Zeppeli

Banned
Why enter a thread about resolution to tell people that it's only about the games? We can have both full HD and amazing games with the PS4. No need for anything else.

I absolutely agree. It's a thread about resolution and I just wanted to input my opinion on the matter, that's all.

jsnepo

PS3 and Xbox 360 visuals are impressive for hardware that came out almost a decade ago.

I'm getting it for PS3.

FourMyle

There is absolutely nothing here that can't be done at 1080p 60fps on X1.

Devs are really struggling with the SDK.

hear hear, and walmart is practically giving away ps4s! i hear they're packing em' in with two games now! crazy.

I'm just glad a game of such high graphic quality and scope is 60fps, while still being 1080p. Personally I wouldn't have minded 30fps but this is great.

I wonder if it will be the same for Phantom Pain.

big_z

Xbone/360 barely look any different.

Glad to hear PS4 isn't being held back by any weak platforms though. I look forward to buying this used.

you need to get your eyes checked if you cant tell the difference with the 360/one comparison. the difference is more noticeable than the sony comparison.

Unless my eyes are broken, the current-gen and next-gen comparison shots don't look significantly different.

I think seeing them in motion it will become more apparent but in the screens the current gen holds up okay-ish.

danielcw

Anyways, I think it's time to stop acting like we're surprised by this... Yes, it's been established, the Xbox One is weaker. But why do we need to have these arguments over power?
[...]
These comparisons are just getting silly.

I believer the comparsion is primarely about the generations.
The annotated pictures in the OP look to me like they want to show what is possible on new hardware, and not about the ps4 beating the xbone.

Bgamer90

Banned

Lots of respect from me.

Think it's easy for them because they know the game is going to sell either way. Multiple platforms + MGS name.

Zeppeli

Banned
I would love to watch a game journalist look at this comparison and then say with a straight face that the difference between 720p and 1080p is minimal.

Look how fucking blurry the PS3/360/XBO pics look compared to the PS4. It's night and day.

Considering how the 720p for last gen consoles is "scaling internally", I'd be willing to bet that's sitting more at around 540p in that shot. Still a huge difference between 720p and 1080p, though.

I would love to watch a game journalist look at this comparison and then say with a straight face that the difference between 720p and 1080p is minimal.

Look how fucking blurry the PS3/360/XBO pics look compared to the PS4. It's night and day.

To be fair, I think the PS3 version is sub-HD. It seems too blurry to be 720p.

Top Bottom