• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

And there's almost no difference between XBOne and PS4, ignoring the resolution.

But frame rate and resolution are huge, frame rate especially.

ps4 is the only good looking one imo. the lighting is fuller the shadows are present. the world looks a bit more colorful. the res on the ground makes the others seem flat in comparison.

madmackem

And there's almost no difference between XBOne and PS4, ignoring the resolution.

But frame rate and resolution are huge, frame rate especially.

There is so, the resolution brings out the textures way more, as someone above posted it looks alot better than xb1 version.

There is so, the resolution brings out the textures way more, as someone above posted it looks alot better than xb1 version.
I said ignoring the resolution. It was a joke basically saying that if you ignore all the differences between the versions they look the same.

the differences between previous generation & current generation are laughable.

sure, framerate, resolution, etc. - but looking at these videos you have to wonder why in the hell you purchased a new console at all...

[answer? plenty of reasons... ;p]

CoD Ghosts

CxrXOli.png

Tomb Raider DE

mZSs0E2.png

Fox News of gaming journalism

wtf,how come the scores for TR are the same?

kotor22

Whoa I'm confused.. there's 2 threads on the same topic or whats going on? Maybe I should get sleep.. On-topic: Besides the fact of how great the next gen versions look, it's amazing that it looks the way it does on last gen.

This thread was created when the comparison images were released. Now that the actual video has been released, a new thread was created, even though some conversation still continues in this one.

Does anyone else remember hearing something about an upgrade plan for people who buy the PS3 version now, but want to upgrade to PS4 later? I'm probably going to get this on PS3... I'm seriously contemplating using my tax return money on a PS4 just to play the prettiest version of this.

Hey, are you the same Rogue Agent that used to post in Hapslash's Void?

Chrome has media display problems. It cannot run high quality gifs nor can it do higher framerate videos.

It could run videos just fine until recently, now it's just complete shit. I have to end up downloading a lot of YT videos instead of just streaming them due to how bad it is.

Ha, I used a different name back then, but you woulda remembered that place immediately if you were him, he was a mod there.

That's an old version of the forums. Hapslash made models for the Jedi Knight games, and his brother Infinity Blade (RIP) rigged them and made some models of his own.

Sorry to go OT

not much of a jump in graphics this generation. biggest advantage is 1080p i guess so ps4 was worth it a little bit, but xbox one is still stuck at 720p so what a completely pointless console :(

Ha, I used a different name back then, but you woulda remembered that place immediately if you were him, he was a mod there.

That's an old version of the forums. Hapslash made models for the Jedi Knight games, and his brother Infinity Blade (RIP) rigged them and made some models of his own.

Sorry to go OT

Oh I see.

Well, I've never been a mod in my life, but this place feels familiar. Weird. :p

Top Bottom