• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

Reg

Banned
lol.gif

I was thinking Konami could maybe push 900p put of the X1.

This gen is going to be bad PR with each multiplatform release it seems

PS4 2.25x pixels at same framerates. Ouch

I would love to watch a game journalist look at this comparison and then say with a straight face that the difference between 720p and 1080p is minimal.

Look how fucking blurry the PS3/360/XBO pics look compared to the PS4. It's night and day.

XBO is nowhere near as blurry as the last gen systems...

I was not expecting the Xbox One version to hit 720p... I thought both PS4 and Xbox One would be 1080p/60fps. That sucks, but for some it won't really make a difference. : )

Cannot wait to pick up on the PS4. : )

I'm not quite sure why people are surprised about this, I thought the CoD: Ghosts resolution hubbub was pretty definite on which system is the most powerful.

At the end of the day, both are playing at 60 FPS which in my opinion is what console games should strive for first.

badb0y

I told you guys we wouldn't have to wait years to see a difference in performance between the PS4 and the Xbox One. When it comes down to it the GPU in the PS4 is a class above the Xbox One. Expect this to be the norm until next generation.

Spaghetti

last gen versions looking better than expected. pleasantly surprised, and it'll make the upgrade to the eventual pc version even sweeter.

AkIRA_22

While the Xbone looks decent enough, and it is clearly better than the PS3 and 360 versions... it just doesn't hold a candle to the PS4 version. It's crisper, and more detailed in every facet.

I'm hesitant to say this, but... the differences between the 360 and Xbone screenshots don't look that drastic to me. There's definitely some improvements, but I would have expected something more significant.

Kojima-san telling it as it is. No hush hush mentality over here, that's the way it should be lol. We don't even have to wait for DF's analysis this time around lol.

Major props for exposing the truth sir, no journo can downplay this disparity now that a major dev group has come out in the open and provided the hard figures. And as more and more of them do so, they'll be finally forced to admit where the advantage lies.

So this would be a 2x power increase over the 360 for the X1? For $500? Dat value.

But nothing to see here folks, these 2 systems are nigh identical in power, just read that today!

Anyway, this will repeat for the remainder of this generation. Still staggering to see such a difference though.

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is a difference I did not expect!

I'm curious, honest question, why are you guys really surprised given the magnitude of irrefutable evidence proving the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One, in which if any respectable developer does not gimp on the PS4, it will always 100% of the time have the best version.

It's never going to happen, but I wish more developers would do this. Don't bullshit people, just post pictures of both versions of your game and their resolutions/framerates.

Durante

Given this information, I am curious about how the framerate will look on PS4 and XB1. A factor of 2.25 resolution difference is more than even the largest HW metric differences between the platforms.

Top Bottom