• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

Because at this point, the game not being exclusive to the NX would probably cause more meltdowns than the opposite going by a lot of the posts here. : p

I can see it being an NX exclusive if Nintendo helped fund it, and that's totally fair. Otherwise, I can't see it being a PS4 exclusive since they've already got WiLD, and I imagine it'd just be multiplatform. Alternatively, it could be a timed exclusive for the NX. Point is, we don't know, but we should be excited no matter where it ends up.

As an All-platforms owner I like the idea of exclusives on single platforms to push them forward and keep the flame alive
Exclusives somehow are the best thing in gaming and the day there will be a single universal gaming platform is the day I will no longer be a gamer

Indelible

I'am not getting my hopes up for BG&E 2, they have been teasing this game for over a decade. I will say this, I would buy an NX at launch if BG&E2 is an exclusive.

He's working on Wild for Sony, is he working with Microsoft on anything? His Instagram post from 6 days ago is also interesting:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKnn_L-AOkz/?taken-by=michelancel

Sony: Wild
Microsoft: ???
Nintendo: Beyond Good and Evil 2

Hm... Was there any credible information pointing to Nintendo helping with BG&E2? Edit: I just re-read the Destructoid rumor and that definitely points to Ninty. I'll play and love the game on NX, but I really hope that Ubi pulls a Rayman Legends with it.

I'd say there's no chance it's an NX game if it's being talked about right now, but Nintendo and Ubi are weird. There were Zombi U hints ahead of the official reveal, too.
Wouldn't be the first time, regardless of how it turned out. Itagaki was teasing Devil's Third before it was announced as a Wii U exclusive.

As an All-platforms owner I like the idea of exclusives on single platforms to push them forward and keep the flame alive
Exclusives somehow are the best thing in gaming and the day there will be a single universal gaming platform is the day I will no longer be a gamer

If a universal gaming platform is what would turn you into a non-gamer, I'd argue that your priorities aren't in the right place.

Even if it does come out there is always a little problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0WkGzS2G8
Everything is lining up.

Can't wait for my BG&E2 3DS exclusive 2D puzzle platformer.

giphy.gif

The fact he tweeted about it certainly makes it doubtful that it's an NX exclusive. Nintendo even got pissy about their Canadian branch saying that the NX might be revealed in a Nintendo Direct...so it seems highly unlikely they'd allow something this blatant.

But Ubisoft did announce Just Dance (and more games) for NX, SE announced Dragon Quest 10 and 11 for NX, Ubi is talking about NX these days. i think some get away with it, others not. And Ancel didn´t even mention NX, nor beyond Good and Evil, just an artwork ;)

And Ancel did talk about Wii U over 1 year before launch ("it's not nextgen")

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433810

Based on Ubisoft's recent interviews I'm assuming this is pretty early and was primarily greenlit to garner good will in the fight against Vivendi, so I'm not sure they'd be ready for video.

Hey , as i said , if you can't video , another picture will do.
i'd take a concept art , anything really .

Just ....give me ... something else ... to calm ... that thirst ... it's been ..... years

Oh my god. I saw the thread about the Destructoid rumor but somehow missed this one all day.

It's fucking happening. It can't not be happening. Ancel loves to drop hints every so often but this one is way too overt.

I really hope Jade is still the MC.

Regarding the NX exclusive speculation, it would kinda make sense. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, Sin & Punishment:SS, etc. I think they know it makes sense to fund games that appeal to cult followers/loyalist of these franchises. Both of the aforementioned games are the ones that tipped the scale for me to buy a Wii/Wii U.

antonz

The fact he tweeted about it certainly makes it doubtful that it's an NX exclusive. Nintendo even got pissy about their Canadian branch saying that the NX might be revealed in a Nintendo Direct...so it seems highly unlikely they'd allow something this blatant.

Ubisoft has been allowed to say a lot of stuff about NX no one else has. I mean Just Dance NX announced at E3 etc. Ubisoft is the only major publisher who is even answering anything about NX.

sjay1994

I'm guessing Ubi is the one who increased the funding on this, since this seems like a good faith game to have. Its hard to see this being a NX exclusive unless Nintendo added significant funding to this game.

If no Nintendo funding, then there is a possibility of this just being timed exclusive.

I say this due to what happened with Rayman and Zombi.

RedFury

Am I being trolled? :( you guys are mean.
Edit 1: Just looked it up it is! Now all we need is Nier 1, and upon completion it deletes the entire partition it's on.
Edit 2: Holy smokes is that the entire thread?

Oh you had a different link with only 3 replies lol.

No release date yet.

Damn, I really like the original trailer he put out for it too. I'm a little excited for it still, I just hope it doesn't end up playing like Ark since the similarities seemed to be there going from the original pitch. Least it hasn't been canned though and I'm sure he has a better idea of how to balance that sort of game anyway.

I've finally reached apathy with this. Been hearing various bits and teases for like the past decade with nothing to show for it. I've become jaded. Like...oh concept art. Cool. You showed a whole trailer eight years ago.

Wonder if I'll feel anything if it actually gets announced. Would it really mean anything? The game was technically announced with that 2008 trailer.

They're gonna have to give a date. As in dayte. Or I'll continue believing it'll continue being in development.

He just likes games.
This is like people that thought Kamiya/Platinum were making a Sony exclusive because they just have to now, right?

But they were making a Sony exclusive. I mean, it got announced for PC over a year after the original reveal, but still. So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, Michel Ancel is definitely developing three separate console exclusives concurrently, and God is real?

Top Bottom