• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft also shut down departments dedicated to bringing Xbox games to physical retail

BigLee74

I HATE the thought of an all digital future, but it’s obviously going that way and we won’t be able to do much about it, no matter how much we bump our gums on an internet forum.

I’m already consciously there - I genuinely cant remember the last time I bought game, music or film on physical media. I don’t feel any worse for it, but I can definitely see how some would.

Krathoon

Gold Member
That is fundamentally a problem with digital games. You really don't own a physical copy of the game. They can shut down the servers and take your games away.

This is why I backed up all my gog games. Somehow, I'll backup my Steam games.

meatsauce

Neo Member
Microsoft is making questionable decisions of late. The reason I bought the Series X is because I could play my older gen discs on it.
I like digital it's convenient but the main reason for purchasing is because I get the game at midnight. If they brought back midnight launches or day early for physical,
you would see a lot more physical sales.

I hate game pass - it's trash. I will always prefer ownership of my games.

Papa_Wisdom

Welp, just bought master chief collection, halo 5 and monster hunter digitally.

Almost got sonic colours and super monkey ball but decided against it. Couple of disks I guess can get retired to their cases now. Didn’t mind paying the £5-£8 they were asking for them I suppose.

With burnout revenge would go on sale, kicking myself I didn’t pick it up last time it did!

Barakov

Sony warriors out in full force today. Can't even talk about blue ray movies being down.
Pathetic.
hwRNK1I.gif

twilo99

I think mine was 1991. IBM PC running ms dos. Didn’t even have windows.

Well, that’s a convincing victory right there.

In fact that’s actually quite impressive since building a machine back then must’ve been way harder than what I encountered 6 years later, which really was the tricky wiring for the front panel I/O lol

You had to install DOS from floppy disks dude

Last edited:

demigod

Well, that’s a convincing victory right there.

In fact that’s actually quite impressive since building a machine back then must’ve been way harder than what I encountered 6 years later, which really was the tricky wiring for the front panel I/O lol

You had to install DOS from floppy disks dude
Oh nah, this was prebuilt. I had 2 other prebuilts afterwards. My first PC I built was a Pentium 4 which I think was in 2000 because the prebuilts were hella expensive and I needed a better PC.

Top Bottom