• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces Xbox One without Kinect for $399, releases June 9th

Feorax

Excellent moves by Microsoft, even if they should have been obvious months ago.

Must be the death knell for Kinect now.

You will also be able to access popular entertainment apps, such as Twitch, YouTube, and Netflix, as well as watch live TV and use OneGuide.

Also confirming the removal of the Xbox Live Gold barrier?

Aaron

So has Microsoft officially reversed every bad decision they made with the Xbox One now? Or is there a major one I'm not thinking of? There's the apps behind gold, but rumor is they're going to change that during E3.

MechDX

Games for Gold on Xbox One too and discounts, no paywall for apps. They're becoming plus

We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.”

oooooo Spartan Assault

BadWolf

Even at the same price you are still getting the inferior hardware unfortunately.

Lets see how this move works out, its great that they acted fast.

Definity

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Came to this thread to see this gif. Was not disappointed!

This is great news to finally see confirmed!

Into

Thank god!

Away with the crappy motion controls, lets wash that filth away for good and be done with it

jonno394

I could've gotten it with Titanfall and Kinect for £350 a few weeks back, this isn't much of an offer MS. £299 and i'd have bought one tomorrow.

So there goes the development of titles with more than half-assed Kinect support. :(

That said, if these are the measures you have to take to ensure the health of the platform as a whole, then so be it.

Great announcements about removing the app paywall in June and Dark Souls/SSF4:AE on Games for Gold are also hidden in the announcement.

Paskil

DR3 and Sunset Overdrive definitely have me looking at buying this in the future. Just a few more games that work for me and this will definitely be the unit I buy. I don't really see myself purchasing the console before 2015, at the earliest. Still though, good on MS to try to jump start sales.

Top Bottom