• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces Xbox One without Kinect for $399, releases June 9th

9Kb70V1.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
Holy shit. $399 and apps removed from Gold. Phil is the man and is wasting no time.

But I must confess, I kind of want Kinect. Yet that $399 is almost too tempting.

Einbroch

Banned
I feel absolutely awful for those who bought this at launch and didn't want Kinect.

First retailed slashed the price by $100 and included a game, then Microsoft announces what most people (on GAF) wanted.

I mean, it never pays being an early adopter, but damn.

Astorgh

Looks like regretting their decisions has been their best decision.

Now I'm really considering getting an Xbox One.

I would hope they have another $50 price drop and/or bundle stuff in the Kinectless SKU. $399 alone is not going to make it competitive with the PS4 at this point. PS4 has the momentum.

Nyx

''Well it's just not possible to sell the One without Kinect as it's so implemented in the system'' (or something...)

Right, thanks Obama!

So is the ps4 still better deal with the better hardware and all? I already have one, just wondering.

Loks like I can finally buy an X1. Much better price.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That's a megaton if I've ever seen one, even if a lot of people saw it coming.

I wonder how many people who said they would buy one without a Kinect will actually follow through with their claim.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm disappointed.

$399 isn't an interesting proposition to watch both of them go head to head. It's entirely possible for Microsoft to go even much lower with the lower specs.

MormaPope

Banned
Now it comes down first party games and third party software performance, price is now even.

This gen has finally begun the way it should have.

Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars.

**Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. Must download titles during designated window. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games.

ala ps+

The Llama

My 2nd thought here is that they probably sold really poorly in the April NPD's heh.

Also didn't ntkrnl say Kinect-less Xbone would happen if TF didn't meet expectations, or something like that? Just further proof he was a controlled leak IMO...

bob page

Good move. I'm still holding off until it hits $350 because of the hardware but depending on new announcements at E3, I'd be willing to reconsider.

MADGAME

A Kinectless-X1 less than $349 may tickle my dragon enough to provoke interest. That pricepoint has to be in place since I'd only be buying for first-party titles and exclusives, as it appears every 3rd party game will feature it's "definitive version" on the PS4.

That and a solid tool to get around the esram bottleneck.

Top Bottom