• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft details E3 2015 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

drool.gif

LowSignal

1 ticket aboard the hype train please!

Hoping this year is good, and something playable for use people that aren't attending the show.

Problem is that after the news with the trouble development, just feels it will take a while to go back on track, specially since they moved to a whole new developer if Im not mistaken.

So its release feels now quite far AND uncertain.

I agree it's far off and uncertain. However, I also think MS is careful about announcing anything until they're 100% sure that development is going smoothly. I don't think they want to announce that they switched developer twice.

Kayant

Yh this is going to be a excellent E3 for them especially from the fact they are highlighting Gamescom which they don't tend go all in with as before it was basically E3 nothing else matters much.

Can't wait to see some gears and hopefully worthwhile PC stuff.

Zechs

I am super hyped for this E3 as well. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of announcements where it will just be "Hey guys check this out! Go download it now!"

Like the Gears Remaster. That game screams E3 Release Date.

Chris1

any one think that ms is gonna really go for it this year? I feel like it's their last chance to do something crazy!

Yep, MS will be going the full haul this year for a few reasons

- Pretty much the last year to go for it if they want to win in the US/UK
- Halo 5. They will be in the mindset to blow the competition out the water sales wise (US and UK at least), they will do whatever it takes to achieve that this year.
- Windows 10. They want people in on their ecosystem
- It's the first year we should see what Phil's plans for xbox is as head of xbox as his plans should be coming into the picture now. I think he'll want to make a big impression, and focusing on exclusives at E3 is a very good start.

Quoting my post from the E3 prediction thread which I think is very likely for their E3, and if I'm right it would make for a great E3 for them IMO. There's also a few "smaller" things like Killer Instinct S3 and indie reels to show aswell.
MS:
-Halo 5 & another beta
-Gears remaster
-Gears 4 teaser, buy gears remaster for beta
-Tomb Raider
-Scalebound
-Forza 6
-Quantum break
-Battletoads
-Banjo kazooie
-Phantom dust
-Crackdown
-Alan wake remaster
-Joe Montana
-Unannounced exclusive new IP or two for 2016/2017
-Hololens games from all their new studios

This could be MS greatest exclusive showing ever at an E3.

Halo 5
Rare Game
Gears of war 4
Tomb Raider 2
Scalebound
Crackdown using the cloud
Forza 6
Quantum Break

Maybe?

Fable 4
Battletoads by Twisted Pixel

Sorry to burst your bubble, but both are confirmed to not happen. Lionhead is already making a new IP that will be their next game after F:L, and Twisted Pixel is also working on a new IP.Rare is supposedly wirking with both UE4 and Unity, so it's plausible Battletoads is in-house.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but both are confirmed to not happen. Lionhead is already making a new IP that will be their next game after F:L, and Twisted Pixel is also working on a new IP.Rare is supposedly wirking with both UE4 and Unity, so it's plausible Battletoads is in-house.
Actually that makes me more hyped, new IP's are always good. Hopefully Lionhead is a RPG.

Falchion

Please please please more Crackdown! Glad Xbox woke up and is focusing on the games now and not all the multimedia and TV stuff as much.

It's 90 minutes according to Xbox Wire

It is 90mins you were getting mixed up with the daily 1 hour show.

Ohhhh, sorry, I read it wrong. It was talking about their daily xbox show thing, not the briefing.

EDIT: thier description of the Xbox Daily show makes it sound like it is the press conference (to me).
What: A one hour show featuring breaking news, exclusive announcements, trailer reveals, game demos, and interviews with game creators.

Tratorn

I'd like a ticket too, please. :)
First time since many years I'm mostly hyped for MS' conference. They're really pushing for exclusives.

LifEndz

Seems this is MS's year to lose. A slim x1 and halo 5 is going to be tough to pass up. As I get older it's harder and harder to justify spending the money on another console....but Halo....gonna be hard to not have the new Halo.

Actually that makes me more hyped, new IP's are always good. Hopefully Lionhead is a RPG.

The Lionhead IP has been in the works for a while, but only by the small incubation team, so it's unlikely we'll see anything from it. But yeah, new IP is better. An Xbox could use some new RPG blood, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom