• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filaipus

Banned
tnBYmGF.png

Wasn't there a rumor of a Platinum Xbox exclusive?

1 week!

1, 2, 3 and 7 is going to happen. Maybe 4.

I want to believe in the Rare and Lionhead rumours/speculation, but I'm not ready yet.

Im certain Rare will be there. Im not basing it on anything, but they're around 200 people, I also think if MS are smart they'll have got them doing some downloadable titles and we'll see Banjo come back. Of all the games they have, Banjo and Viva Piñata make the most sense so hopefully we see those.

I highly doubt Lionhead's other game will be at this E3.

Leflus

Im certain Rare will be there. Im not basing it on anything, but they're around 200 people, I also think if MS are smart they'll have got them doing some downloadable titles and we'll see Banjo come back. Of all the games they have, Banjo and Viva Piñata make the most sense so hopefully we see those.

I highly doubt Lionhead's other game will be at this E3.
They're closer to 120, actually. 140-150 with contracted employees.

http://majornelson.com/cast/2014/04/18/mnr-508-pax-ralph-baer-and-ksr/ (01:26:45 in the podcast.)

Edit: They did a GameJam not too long ago. Hopefully we'll get to see some of the results soon.

Edit nr. 2: Nvm

Anyone else think they will announce that World of Tanks is being ported to X1? I see them starting to do a lot more F2P type games, and they have a new European 3rd party publishing office that is focusing on games that are F2P and games as a service.

I'd imagine they announce World of Tanks, and Warface will be coming from 360 to X1. Maybe even announce a Happy Wars 2.

Scanna

Why are people saying that we might see finally fable legends gameplay at E3? Didn't they show it at last year's gamescom?

Leflus

Interesting, I was basing the number on some older stuff (they were 200 people in 2007 and Linkedin showed 150) so it seems they've downsized a bit.
The linkedin numbers include include community managers, facility managers, testers, HR employees and temporary hires as well.

Remove them and you'll probably be pretty close to 120 employees.

I saw a demo at Xbox event, I thought it went public too, sorry. It had nice particle effects
Ah. No problem. :) I can't wait to see it in action.

I'm really hoping Halo 2 Anniversary is what is getting released this year halo wise. Looking past Nostalgia, that game really had great MP. I loved the ranking system and symbols that went a long with it. The highest ranks are reserved for the absolute best, there were too many 50's in Halo 3 imo.

Can't Wait.

Hawk269

I doubt any leaks are real. I would say MS dose not have everything set in stone until the last week or so. Right now is a very stressful time for devs. They have to take a game that is not close to being finished and polish a level, trailer, or walk though as if it is ready to ship.

Less than 30 days, they do have things they are going to show locked in. It is the order in which they talk about each game that won't be finalized until a week out from the show. This week out is when they go through rehearse their lines, ensure that the stuff all works etc. By now, most of what they will show is locked in, I am sure devs are fighting to finish these demo/cgi's in time, but from attending press conferences for a ling time a lot of stuff less than 30 days out is pretty locked in.

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Some non-game stuff I'd like to see:

1. Kinect-centric apps (not necessarily games) to make the hardware (and cost premium) relevant.

2. Competitive digital pricing. The excellent Gold sales and my resulting monster of a digital library have made swapping discs seem so quaint.

3. A few peeks at the coming Xbox shows. I know TV-talk is generally regarded about as well as the SARS virus, but some of those series seemed genuinely intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom