• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not gonna happen but I would easily buy a Xbone with full BC at 500e. I have a huge 360 backlog (in both retail and XBLA/XBLIG) and I don't plan on abandoning it soon so yeah I'd love to be able to play those games on the Xbone.

If they announce a white Xbox One with Xbox 360 BC hardware for €500, I'm buying another one in a heartbeat. It's not happening, though.

Ape

Banned
I hope they announce a white xbox one and do a give away to all of us in the audience. please please please please.

Miles X

And what's wrong with gaming press wanting a free Xbox One in White? doesn't mean it'll sway their opinion! (as we've seen in the past).

Guys, how likely do you think a price drop on 360 is? I'm hoping there's at least a 50$ price drop on it, I want to jump back in (gave mine to my nephew a few years back).

I disagree, MSRP parity supported by a compelling software line-up should be more than sufficient for Xbox One to remain competitive, and the hardware power differences (which tend to get overblown, in my opinion) will be rendered practically irrelevant once the systems hit mainstream price points.

We've already seen price drops though. There were Titanfall bundles that were also less than $500. That was MS's hyped-up killer app combined with a lower price and that failed to overtake Sony even on MS's home turf. The hardware disparity is there and noticeable in the end product of the games. It might be overblown but it exists.

If MS goes below Sony then I think we will have a fight on our hands but Microsoft has to do something more. It's gotta be something new and exciting that wasn't leaked to really get people away from Sony. I don't see just games (Sony will be able to keep up on this front) and price (here too) doing it.

Edit for new news: Well they dumped Kinect and are selling at $399 and are dumping the paywall. We will see how this shakes things up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hate Kinect software after trying Cortana. So unnatural and always misses my commands.

I was confused reading this at first but now I understand what you mean. I imagine that the Kinect voice recognition could eventually be made as accurate as Cortana. But yeah, Cortana even recognizes my five year old daughter with like, 95% accuracy. She usually only throws her with obscure sounding kid words like "Winx" but if she adds the name of a character from that show, Cortana always gets it.

Partnership with Nintendo just isn't going to happen any time soon. Kinectless SKU is a talking point that just keeps being echoed but the Kinect is one of the best parts of the Xbox One.

$100 price drop isn't going to happen as they aren't going to go from making a profit on the consoles to not making one, a $50 drop is more likely.

Uhhh, that was quick. Today is going to be interesting.

Their E3 must be packed for them to dump all this today. A lot of this would have been E3 announcement in years past. I'm sure they will reiterate this during the conference but I don't think they will spend a whole lot of time on it. "Game On" seems to be coming true, go Phil!

Sunset Overdrive
Dark Souls, Street Fighter 4 and Charlie Murder
Spartan Assault and Max Curse of the Brotherhood
No more Paywalls.

It isn't even E3 yet O-O

PHIL SPENCER CONFIRMED FOR SAVING XBOX

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Microsoft E3 is on whole another level now. Seriously, all this announcement before E3. They are going in stronger than ever. Completely opposite to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom