• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made this in response to yesterdays posts about E3 fighting gifs

iwBeHmTXOForm.gif
This is so funny, haha great job

Let's get this going bros!

Feel the Hype... Ride the train!

I would like one non-stop ticket to Microsoft's E3 conference, please!

m23

http://legitshook.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/e3-plans-for-microsoft/

Not sure if this was posted before, but it looks like one of the more realistic leaks. I doubt this would be everything, but yeah.

E3 is going to bring some BIG announcements.

Microsoft:

Halo 2 Anniversary. The worst kept secret in gaming is real. The MS conference begins with the legendary E3 demo remade. 343/Sabre/Certain Affinity collaborative. MP is there but it’s Halo 4 gameplay on Halo 2 maps. XB1 (60fps) and X360 (sub720p, 30fps). Trailer ends with release date 11/11/14.
Forza Horizon 2. Larger world, dynamic weather, emphasis on social integration. Basically Microsoft’s response to Driveclub. Fall 2014.
Sunset Overdrive stage demo. 4 player co-op. Lots of mobile integration. Community feedback will shape the game post-launch.
Quantum Break sizzle reel. Small delay, “Winter 2014/’15″
Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare. DLC exclusive to Xbox for 1 month. 4 player co-op. MP looks strikingly close to Crysis and Halo.
Fallout 4 teaser trailer. Set around same time as 3. Similar to the other Fallout trailers but instead of music it’s Three Dog asking for help over the air.
Mass Effect CG trailer. Full title is Mass Effect: Contact. Takes place during the First Contact War prior to the first game.
Gold paywall for apps is over, effective immediately.
Fable Legends brief CG trailer. Spring ’15.
XB1 Games with Gold unveiled. Starts in November. First game is Forza 5.
Conference ends with Halo 5 gameplay trailer. Looks totally unrecognizable from the series. Open world, lots more vehicles, getting close to more of a Battlefield feel. Release date listed as “Fall 2015″ but Halo 2 includes beta access “early next year”.

http://legitshook.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/e3-plans-for-microsoft/

Not sure if this was posted before, but it looks like one of the more realistic leaks. I doubt this would be everything, but yeah.

Interesting, but it still seems too safe and predictable. Where are the big IPs that have yet to be revealed that Phil has tweeted about? No Japanese games? No mention of KI season 2? No other Rare games (e.g. rumors about a download-only Battletoads)? I don't know, I was hoping this E3 would have more than just predictable sequels or games we already know about...

It kind of seems as fake as the other "E3 leaks" we've seen in the last week (seriously...how many leaks can there be? and they're all quite different???).

Edit: yea, the Halo 4 MP on Halo 2 maps makes me a bit more suspicious, too (please don't do that, 343i)

m23

Interesting, but it still seems too safe and predictable. Where are the big IPs that have yet to be revealed that Phil has tweeted about? No Japanese games? No mention of KI season 2? No other Rare games (e.g. rumors about a download-only Battletoads)? I don't know, I was hoping this E3 would have more than just predictable sequels or games we already know about...

It might just be the stuff the "source" knows about so I wouldn't take that list as everything to be shown anyway.

But yeah if true, the shit they'll get for Halo 2 Anni using Halo 4 as a base. I've always said that would be the case but I can't imagine the shit storm.

Computer

If they released Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 4 mp I will make a video of me setting my Xbox on fire and tweet it to Phil. There is no way they could be that stupid. It would be the biggest and last kick in the ass for all Halo fans and the series.

Chettlar

Banned
Lol It doesn't have to be free-to-play based, but I believe it would find more success if it was. It's kind of built to be that type of game, don't you think?

Sorry for the late reply.

I think it works. Works very well, and that's what scares me. It's teetering on the edge of falling into a free to play kind of game, complete with paying for your fudgehog's eggs to hatch quicker.

And furthermore, if that happened, it could quickly become a mobile game, and thus not developed by Rare at all.

Essentially, among all those things, lose what makes it special.

I love this franchise, but it's so, so easy to ruin, and I can't stand the thought of that.

RoKKeR

Either way, we've been told that the possible change in policy is directly linked to a changing of the Xbox guard after Don Mattrick left the company to become Zynga's CEO.

On the right track.

On the right track.

Doesn't make sense though, Mattrick has gone for like 10 months.

Surely it makes more sense to be related to Marc Whitten? He was the one who did the Xbox Live stuff at E3 last year I think? But he was in charge of console updates etc so I would have thought it fell under his watch.

Either way, I guess perhaps Phil wanted to change it, now for the ID@Xbox parity clause.

Karak

Doesn't make sense though, Mattrick has gone for like 10 months.

Surely it makes more sense to be related to Marc Whitten? He was the one who did the Xbox Live stuff at E3 last year I think? But he was in charge of console updates etc so I would have thought it fell under his watch.

Either way, I guess perhaps Phil wanted to change it, now for the ID@Xbox parity clause.

You can bet there were SERIOUS financials involved in the decision. It isn't that fast really as far as businesses go. Especially such a massive financial hit as this might lead to.

I hope fake list maker remember there will be a new ip announce,so they should at least give us a random name sounds like a game then maybe some people will trust

Mix

you guys are being kinda harsh. If it's fake then the guy who made it knows that and he doesn't give a shit. It's for clicks, it's for giving people false hope, and it's for the laughs. He probably doesn't give a shit.

blakep267

the reason I think that "leak" is fake is

1. I expect large showings for quantum break and Fable legends
2. halo isn't going to be on the 4 engine
3. No japanese games that hpil keeps going on about
4. No ki season 2

Ramirez

There is no way, no fucking way, that MS is dumb enough to make H2A be maps in 4's game, that game is dead, and for good reason.

Filaipus

Banned
Well, if we are going to trust leaks lets trust the nlknrn guy (or whatever his name is). He has gotten almost every prediction right, only thing that seems dubious is the Halo thing.

Halo2A must happen, and it can't be with Halo4 mp. It simply can't... ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom