• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft gathering community opinions on porting Killer Instinct to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Every PC user needs to sign up and vote in that poll. This game is amazing."

Nah, no thanks. Now if they could do this for Phantom Dust...

JimiNutz

Banned
At this point Xbox One should be turned into Microsofts version of a Steam Box.
Have it run Windows 10 and make all games cross platform. If you buy a gane for Xbox (digitally) you also get the PC version and vice versa. Also include cross platform play.

Merge the two platforms and still make Xbox hardware in the future for people that don't want to fuck around with building PCs.

Bessy67

I wouldn't read too much into this just yet.
Shh, don't take away their reason to port beg. Let this confirm to them that a PC version is coming, just like they take 343 or Insomniac saying they have no plans for a PC version as a confirmation of the PC version.

Sylver

Banned
gAk1QS1.jpg

Buburibon

Sure, why not. I'm pretty selective about the games I purchase on consoles, but on PC I tend to buy "everything" just to show support for the platform. Bring it, and I'll buy it day one. Can't guarantee I'll play it, though. :p

Then don't.

You can though. Be sure to get hyped up into a frenzy and proclaim how it's one less reason to own the X1. Also be sure to mention it might be coming to PC in every single thread about X1 exclusives too.

because we all know a poll is basically confirmation it's coming.

You missed the memo. Any X1 exclusive that comes to PC is considered one less reason to own the console.

it's going to happen everytime a xbox exclusive is suggested for PC, it does kind of diminish it's value judging by the majority of comments saying its another reason to not buy the console if the games are coming out of PC, even suggesting it is enough to make people wait it out. lol

yoplay

With how many games are coming to PC these days, I don't see many reasons to own either next-gen consoles.

Why say this? It is Microsoft which merits the "no buy" option if this trend continues. Their exclusives aren't fully exclusive to their platform from the looks of it this gen. Dead Rising, Ryse, Titanfall, possibly KI, and possibly Sunset Overdrive. Sony and Nintendo exclusives will never come to PC.

Tesseract

Banned
You can though. Be sure to get hyped up into a frenzy and proclaim how it's one less reason to own the X1. Also be sure to mention it might be coming to PC in every single thread about X1 exclusives too.

good ideas, these.

Unless MS brings around a service of their own again I have a hard time seeing this go through. The multiplayer is a huge part of KI and having a version that doesn't require a gold subscription that folk can play instead of subbing to live doesn't sound like Microsoft's MO, especially if it's cross play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shh, don't take away their reason to port beg. Let this confirm to them that a PC version is coming, just like they take 343 or Insomniac saying they have no plans for a PC version as a confirmation of the PC version.

There's no need to play the "hurr durr PC gamers" card. It just makes you look petulant.

Gbraga

I don't really like Killer Instinct, but I'd buy it on PC just to show support and hope for a future with Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break.

Opiate

With how many games are coming to PC these days, I don't see many reasons to own either next-gen consoles.

Well, the reasons are dwindling, but if you happen to especially and particularly care about Halo especially and particularly care about Uncharted, then they still make sense. But yes, the number of important exclusives for either console is dwindling.

Nintendo remains exempt from this process, of course; they still have a large stable of popular exclusives. Their problem is that this is all they have.

"Every PC user needs to sign up and vote in that poll. This game is amazing."

Nah, no thanks. Now if they could do this for Phantom Dust...

But. Pwetty Pwease?

I own KI on Xbox One, and don't think a PC version is a good idea.

I have yet to see a person who is interested in fighters on PC. PC is primarily geared to shooters and RTS. I think it's a more efficient use of resources to focus on the expansion of content for the existing game. Plus, I like the fact that KI is Xbox exclusive. It feels special, and I can recommend others that they can play the game if they get X1!

Thankfully, this guy on the KI forum knows what games I like... and what games everyone the owns a PC likes.

Orca

You missed the memo. Any X1 exclusive that comes to PC is considered one less reason to own the console.

To be fair, any exclusive going to PC is one less reason to own it. I would imagine it probably popped up in that SFV exclusive to PC/PS4 thread at least one time.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
More fighting games on PC can't hurt, so I hope it happens. It would be funny playing both SF5 and KI and owning neither next gen console to do it.

yoplay

At this point Xbox One should be turned into Microsofts version of a Steam Box.
Have it run Windows 10 and make all games cross platform. If you buy a gane for Xbox (digitally) you also get the PC version and vice versa. Also include cross platform play.

Merge the two platforms and still make Xbox hardware in the future for people that don't want to fuck around with building PCs.

^this.

Bessy67

There's no need to play the "hurr durr PC gamers" card.
It's getting old though. Every time there is any slight whisper of a PC version of a MS game there is inevitably a thread talking about how it's pretty much a sure thing and that every other MS game should come to PC as well. I thought that wasn't really supposed to be allowed but hell, there's a mod in this KI thread port begging Phantom Dust already so...

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

The real takeaway from this is if you're been flipping out over exclusives, perhaps it's time to get a gaming PC.

SFV and KI on one platform? Finally PC part makers can safely promote their 3d cards etc in conjunction with Evo.

Faustek

nynt9

I mean, I don't think anyone is going to buy an Xbone for KI at this point so might as well get an additional revenue stream for the game.

Doesn't mean people shouldn't be vote and be hopeful.

It seems like a poll to stop the forum from being flooded with port beg requests rather than something official.

If it genuinely leads to something, that's great, but gauging interest in a PC port doesn't seem like something that they'd limit to just the forum. If it shows up in a survey, then it's time to get excited.

I guess you are a little bit pissed?

I'm positively fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom