• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft gathering community opinions on porting Killer Instinct to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Considering this is the only game I want on the system, your post is incredibly true for me. Especially since I could play it with any controller because I don't like the xbone pad.

the only other game I've been interested in is Sunset Overdrive but lucky for me my roommate has it.

RK9039

SFV, Tekken 7 and KI.

tumblr_m14tmtEv061r92ldso1_400.gif

ed: +Dead or Alive.

harSon

Banned
They're kind of damned if they do, and damned if they don't. People lose their shit if Microsoft doesn't tap into their PC gaming roots and ensure that their library of games are ported over to PC, and once they do, people supposedly lose incentive to purchase the console.

Bgamer90

Banned
At this point Xbox One should be turned into Microsofts version of a Steam Box.
Have it run Windows 10 and make all games cross platform. If you buy a gane for Xbox (digitally) you also get the PC version and vice versa. Also include cross platform play.

Merge the two platforms and still make Xbox hardware in the future for people that don't want to fuck around with building PCs.

I honestly think this is going to happen. You pretty much said what I told one of my friends a few days ago. (Xbox gamers would be able to play the PC version of Street Fighter V! Haha.)

Anyway, I'm positive this was done due to Street Fighter V being cross platform. More players = more online competition so this is good. Nice to see MS (seemingly) trying to put more into Killer Instinct after the Street Fighter deal.

they should also bring it to 360 to grow the community, would call for downgrade in particle effects though but it should happen.

Why say this? It is Microsoft which merits the "no buy" option if this trend continues. Their exclusives aren't fully exclusive to their platform from the looks of it this gen. Dead Rising, Ryse, Titanfall, possibly KI, and possibly Sunset Overdrive. Sony and Nintendo exclusives will never come to PC.
I was more talking in general with more games that are usually tied to consoles coming to PC. But for me, there are more Microsoft exclusives that I want on PC than Sony exclusives. Sony exclusives look mediocre in my mind so I don't feel like I'm missing much by them skipping PC.

You have a point on Nintendo though, which is why when the WiiU hits around $200, I'm going out and buying one right away.

yoplay

Well, the reasons are dwindling, but if you happen to especially and particularly care about Halo especially and particularly care about Uncharted, then they still make sense. But yes, the number of important exclusives for either console is dwindling.

Nintendo remains exempt from this process, of course; they still have a large stable of popular exclusives. Their problem is that this is all they have.

And Sony doesn't? Why are Sony exclusives being lumped into this non-exclusivity trend from MS? Sony is just as prominent a developer as Nintendo. Laughable.

Sylver

Banned
SFV, Tekken 7 and KI.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m14tmtEv061r92ldso1_400.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

+ Dead or Alive.

[quote="Dictator93, post: 142709902"]This is a horrible post. Feel bad please.[/QUOTE]

M$ is digging its own grave.

It's getting old though. Every time there is any slight whisper of a PC version of a MS game there is inevitably a thread talking about how it's pretty much a sure thing and that every other MS game should come to PC as well. I thought that wasn't really supposed to be allowed but hell, there's a mod in this KI thread port begging Phantom Dust already so...

Yeh, seems like port begging is fair game these days.

Age of Empires on XB1 pls

Couldn't think of any other MS PC exclusive titles

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anything to guarantee more seasons.

KI is one of my favorite franchises and I just want moar

I'd double dip , so I wandered over there to vote yespls

wildfire

Banned
While I'm glad the franchise is back I simply don't have any time to play this over other games.

That said it would be a good idea to make it available on PC but it should have crossplay. Also MS should allow people to host their own games if they intend to charge money for games hosted on their servers with smaller subscription fee.

I'm skeptical of this sort of thing I think they have already started and well down the path and this is just generating hype. Can you imagine if they said screw we are not doing it now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's getting old though. Every time there is any slight whisper of a PC version of a MS game there is inevitably a thread talking about how it's pretty much a sure thing and that every other MS game should come to PC as well. I thought that wasn't really supposed to be allowed but hell, there's a mod in this KI thread port begging Phantom Dust already so...

"Port begging" within the context of GAF rules is the expression of desire to see the game in question release elsewhere in a thread unrelated to the possibility of a port, as seen in the infamous Epic Mickey thread. Making a thread titled "I would like to see Uncharted release on the PC" is not going to get you banned, but it'd likely be locked because the discussion would lead nowhere on the count of Uncharted being a Sony franchise, whose only ties to PC gaming are SOE games (...and SecuROM).

mdubs

Banned
And Sony doesn't? Why are Sony exclusives being lumped into this non-exclusivity trend from MS? Sony is just as prominent a developer as Nintendo. Laughable.

That isn't a fight you're going to win. Sure Sony has Naughty Dog but I don't think the comparison between Sony and Nintendo as a whole is going to go well for you.

I recently picked up the XB1 to go with my other two consoles and gaming PC. I'm starting to regret this decision...
Not that it's a bad thing for this to come to PCs.
I prefer all multiplatform games on PC so I don't know what to buy on console anymore.

Gamer345

Banned
With how many games are coming to PC these days, I don't see many reasons to own either next-gen consoles.

Well, you are wrong there, there is still reason to own a PS4, none of the first party or proper exclusive titles on the PS4 is coming to PC, infact the PS4 is taking PC indies, and games like the Forest, Dungeon Defenders, Day Z.

And pretty much none of the future PS4 first party or second party exclusives will be on PC

biteren

im so glad to hear this!!! now i can snatch it up on PC if this goes through!!!

me and my bro in law can play it!!!!

Anything that could make the brand bigger is okay in my book.

The new KI is amazing, has an great price model and more people should play it. Heck, if it supports controllers this should even get to mobile platforms XD

Hopefully, not only with crossplay, but also shared cloud saves so everything you unlock on a platform gets unlocked everywhere.

The trend of current gen games appearing on pc continues.

Fixed.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me as to the reason they are giving this poll -- especially in terms of the timing (SFV announcement).

Let's hope they do if it does happen (although I still doubt they'd leave something like this to just a poll on the official forum, will be interesting to see if it's mentioned in the next MS survey).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom