• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft outlines Xbox Gamescom plans, including playable Minecraft Dungeons

Bullet Club

Microsoft outlines Xbox Gamescom plans, including playable Minecraft Dungeons

Plus Gears 5 Horde Mode, fan showcase, and more.

Microsoft is returning to Gamescom this August to flaunt its Xbox wares once more, and would like you to know what happening this time around - including a first public hands-on of the intriguing Minecraft Dungeons and Gears of War 5's Horde Mode.

This year's Gamescom, once again being held in Cologne, will run for four days from 20th August. Microsoft, however, will be kicking things off a day early, holding a special Gamescom-themed episode of its Inside Xbox show, live from Cologne's Gloria Theatre. The latest "news, games, accessories, and features" are promised, with proceedings scheduled to begin at 4pm BST on Monday, 19th August.

Should you be interested in tuning in, you're not exactly short of options; it'll be streamed via Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Mixer, and the official Xbox website.

Later in the week, from Wednesday, 21st August, until Friday, 23rd August, Microsoft will be holding a free public live event that it's calling Xbox Open Doors, situated at the Gloria Theatre. This will play host to "community events, game tournaments, panel sessions and other exciting experiences", and more details are due at a later date.

Within Gamescom itself, Microsoft's Xbox Booth will feature a variety of playable games - including the aforementioned first public hands-on of Minecraft Dungeons and Gears of War 5's Horde Mode - with Project xCloud also getting an airing somewhere along the line. Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition will make an appearance in Microsoft's PC-focussed area, and there's an official gear shop too.

Microsoft's Xbox Booth can be found in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse, for those Gamescom attendees keen to pop along and see what's what.

Source: Eurogamer

Kagey K

Banned
No Gears Campaign footage? It must be shit, why are they showing more multiplayer and not campaign even though they clearly outlined their reveal dates for it?

Now that that’s done can we talk about the other stuff?

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
No Gears Campaign footage? It must be shit, why are they showing more multiplayer and not campaign even though they clearly outlined their reveal dates for it?

because its more of the same, go to a room, play wackamole with the coverbased shooting. kill everyone go to next area, hear some dialogue, rinse and repeat.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

How many times does it have to be said?Campaign will be shown in September.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Yeah something must be wrong with Gears campaign. It was a surprise it wasn't featured at E3, but Gamescom takes place just before the game's launch.

VAL0R

Banned
Nothing is wrong with Gears 5 campaign. Rod is totally stoked about it. This is Coalition's marketing strategy, not a cover-up, like it or not. They want to create campaign hype immediately before release and not before.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah something must be wrong with Gears campaign. It was a surprise it wasn't featured at E3, but Gamescom takes place just before the game's launch.
Once again, they have stated many times they are rolling out campaign footage in September before the games release.

Maybe the gears 5 campaign isn't being shown because there's a massive super-secret spoiler that they're trying to keep under-wraps?

Keanu in Gears 5 confirmed.

quickwhips

Kaite has a dick confirmed. Im buying gears for multiplayer as always. I wish they would put free for all back in like judgement.

Doom 2016 says hi.

I hope im wrong, but being so secretive about it when we already got a trailer at e3 2018, really worries me. There are exceptions for sure, but most of the time, when you hide something for this long, theres a good reason for it. And most of those reasons arent good.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The opportunity is still there to show Gears 5 campaign, it's funny because other shooters (Modern Warfare) have shown very little of it's mp components.

Mista

Banned
Meh, more Minecraft. Not really interested overall.

They clearly said that they PLANNED a special day for showing Gears 5 campaign

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I hope im wrong, but being so secretive about it when we already got a trailer at e3 2018, really worries me. There are exceptions for sure, but most of the time, when you hide something for this long, theres a good reason for it. And most of those reasons arent good.
You can call it hiding I guess but they have stated for weeks now they will show it. The marketing place of already in place. You can't just stop it because people complain they haven't seen it.

Elenchus

Banned

Nothing is being hidden. They’ve said repeatedly it will be shown in September. It’s not nefarious just because they have a different set of priorities than you do. Relax buddy.

xrnzaaas

Once again, they have stated many times they are rolling out campaign footage in September before the games release.
And what's the point of that? Not everyone buys/plays Gears of War for MP. They should be showing all modes and they could still focus on specific topics when it's close to launch.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
And what's the point of that? Not everyone buys/plays Gears of War for MP. They should be showing all modes and they could still focus on specific topics when it's close to launch.

What does it matter when the games not out? If you want to see campaign before you make your purchase then wait for the campaign footage. The point is it's called a marketing strategy. They aren't going to chnage it because people on neogaf are complaining about nothing.

xrnzaaas

It's cool, I'm not calling myself an expert. I still think that ignoring campaign in the current marketing program is a dumb move, they could get a lot more people interested and making pre-orders. September will be packed with games and it's going to be harder to convince people to spend money on Gears.

(of course this is all assuming that the campaign doesn't suck and Microsoft isn't ashamed to show it ;))

Last edited:

Hudo

So,... again no Age of Empires IV? It's been years and not even one screenshot has been released. I am a bit worried...

Giacomino1984

Neo Member
[QUOTE = "Hudo, post: 254900974, membro: 744596"]
Quindi, di nuovo no Age of Empires IV? Sono passati anni e nemmeno uno screenshot è stato rilasciato. Sono un po 'preoccupato ...
[/CITAZIONE]

Noi don't know but Gamescom is a PC Gaming conference

Top Bottom