• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft shuts down Project Spark online services on August 12

Warxard

Banned
Sea of Thieves will come out but I suspect it'll be Rare's last game before they get shuttered.

ReCore, otoh, I'm inclined to believe it's going to get cancelled. Inafune's at the helm plus smaller IP, Phantom Dust shown MS greenlighting these on a whim then cancel them as if they've gotten bored.

I don't think I need to listen to you about video games anymore

nkarafo

Most Microsoft things with the word "Project" in their title fail.

Edit: Shit, how did i get beaten on that?

W.S.

There have been a lot of interest MS predictions based on feelings the last few days.

It's understandable why pessimism's become more common with regards to MS these days after all the changes and shutdowns, I've had a dose of it as well.

But I think people are jumping off the deep end on some of this doom and gloom stuff, if anything it makes it all the more interesting to see what they have to offer for E3 in light of all the crap.

Toxi

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeOYi3Be5Y

avap2RY.jpg
WHAT IS THIS

I really enjoyed Project Spark, but I'm not surprised to see this. I guess there wasn't enough interest when the game went completely free a couple months ago.

Lol at people suggesting Recore and/or Sea of Thieves will be cancelled.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I was actually looking into trying this game yesterday. Felt like it was shut down already.

element

I wonder what's next for Team Dakota? Really interested in seeing what they can do as a traditional game;I hope MS give them a chance.
Nothing. They are dissolved.

Large portion of the leadership moved over to work on Minecraft. Others found various jobs within Microsoft on other teams and some people have just moved to other companies.

Top Bottom