• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft CEO confirms Xbox Live login on Switch, really wants Sony cross-play.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Sony isn't going to lose potential sales by allowing cross play though.

I completely agree and I think their view is shortsighted. What they are threatened by isn't just a few lost sales over crossplay, it's "supporting" the competition by allowing them into their "curated PlayStation experience" or however they tend to put it. They do not want to mention Microsoft or Xbox anymore than is necessary, ever, because so many people wrote them off at the start of the generation. They are coveting their position right now and anything that equates the two will harm their message of "PlayStation is the only console to play these games on because it's the best way to play".

The incentive is to keep the goodwill of their customers so they remain customers, hence threads like this/twitter campaigns/etc being important.

It is worse for them to have you buy a PS4 and only play exclusives, while buying cross-play games elsewhere, than it is for you to just buy a ps4 and buy all of your games there because you know you're not getting the short end of the stick.

I completely agree with you as well, but Sony doesn't see it this way. They're afraid they'll let a couple of walls down in their garden.

gamz

I have my kids for the weekend ages 10,8,8 and I was explaining to them about this new Minecraft that's coming and no matter what device (Xbox, Switch, Tablets, Phone) you can share worlds. They were blown away (esp after I showed them the trailer of the Super Duper pack) and couldn't even fathom it. My oldest said I can play with my friend (Which is he has a playstation) and I said not exactly yet. He was legit disappointed.

Yeah, Sony has to change their policies. I can't fathom they won't

chugen

I have my kids for the weekend ages 10,8,8 and I was explaining to them about this new Minecraft that's coming and no matter what device (Xbox, Switch, Tablets, Phone) you can share worlds. They were blown away (esp after I showed them the trailer of the Super Duper pack) and couldn't even fathom it. My oldest said I can play with my friend (Which is he has a playstation) and I said not exactly yet. He was legit disappointed.

Yeah, Sony has to change their policies. I can't fathom they won't

yup, soon cross play will be the norm. sony can't stay out of it for long. even casual players will start to ask for it when they see what's happening on other platforms.

gamz

yup, soon cross play will be the norm. sony can't stay out of it for long. even casual players will start to ask for it when they see what's happening on other platforms.

Second thing they were really excited about was it's free! LOL

They know they won't have to worry about me having to buy it.

Edit:. My Son asked will it be supported on WiiU? I'm guessing not?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Second thing they were really excited about was it's free! LOL

They know they won't have to worry about me having to buy it.

Edit:. My Son asked will it be supported on WiiU? I'm guessing not?

Well, you'll have to buy him a switch >>

Top Bottom