• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Creator Snatches Beverly Hills Megamansion From Beyoncé and Jay-Z For $70MM

So did he become a billionaire after the Microsoft sale? How much stake did he have in Mojang?
From the docs that are out there about +- 1.3 bil from the sale of minecraft + mojang.
and +- 100 mil from just the sales of minecraft + merc before the sell to MS.

so yeah he got plenty of money but I personally think its a wast of money to spend that much on a house and also in a place like LA.

Mostly I am envious and neurotic about the lifestyle that justifies buying that house, that it is big enough to fill that amount of space, and how much space my lifestyle exactly demands, that a small studio in the city fulfills all of my needs.

beril

Eh, Mike Morhaime is worth 1.8.

I don't know, he's spending it like an urban youth who just fell into wealth, but even before selling Minecraft he was a multimillionaire and didn't make outrageous purchases (that were made public at any rate). Notch is obviously a smart guy, he could of invested that money into a myriad of startups.

He did buy the most expensive apartment ever sold in Stockholm for about 3.6M USD earlier this year, before the MS deal

Elchele

It's nice to know that you can become rich by doing some coding. Instead of being rich by being a fucking idiot like today's music "artists"

SigSig

That's nice, but check out my house

If I had a lot of money, I'd actually prefer building vs. buying but WOW what a big-ass mansion! nonetheless. Legit jelly.

KaYotiX

Banned
That's cool but $70 mill for that?

Could of bought land and built a bad ass house for a fraction of that. It's his $ but he could of done better.

Guess it's more of a status thing to have a home like that.

hoos30

That's cool but $70 mill for that?

Could of bought land and built a bad ass house for a fraction of that. It's his $ but he could of done better.

Guess it's more of a status thing to have a home like that.
Location, location, location.

The wood and bricks are irrelevant. He just bought Angela Jolie as a neighbor.

cyress8

Banned
Location, location, location.

The wood and bricks are irrelevant. He just bought Angela Jolie as a neighbor.
Tear it down and rebuild to taste. I would do that if I had that amount of cash. I know he can easily rent out a place to stay until it is completed.

Top Bottom