• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4 Edition same as the Xbox 360 Edition

Krakn3Dfx

so, the ps4/vita/360 versions will be the same, with the xbox one version being best? i'm pretty disappointed, since i was planning on getting this at the ps4 launch.

Reading comprehension is essential:

Given that 4J Studios are saying that the versions will be the same across all consoles, you should also expect the PS Vita and Xbox One versions of Minecraft to launch with title update 13.

Chobel

the article clearly state that Minecraft will have the same base code in all consoles
Given that 4J Studios are saying that the versions will be the same across all consoles, you should also expect the PS Vita and Xbox One versions of Minecraft to launch with title update 13.

Also
iiPxAb6.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So they're not gonna take advantage of the 16x more RAM the PS4 has over the 360, in order to let it have larger worlds? That sounds crazy. Or maybe that's an easy thing to change (it should be if their engine is decent) and it's just that the rest of the game will be the same.

acm2000

So they're not gonna take advantage of the 16x more RAM the PS4 has over the 360, in order to let it have larger worlds? That sounds crazy. Or maybe that's an easy thing to change (it should be if their engine is decent) and it's just that the rest of the game will be the same.

this isnt about world size, its about using the same game code base, since its ported and not shitty java, they havent even mentioned world size and everyone is shitting the bed

Ok assuming world size is greatly expanded or infinite/near infinite I could be interested. Otherwise, forget about it.

Seems weird to even have to say the underlying code would be the same for all console versions. Why on earth wouldn't it be?

Mobius 1

this isnt about world size, its about using the same game code base, since its ported and not shitty java, they havent even mentioned world size and everyone is shitting the bed
This is GAF. 99% of the people have no idea of hat they're talking about, the ones that do get drowned by the stupidity.

Whew! I was worried that somehow the Xbox One edition wasn't going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. Thank goodness that the PS4 edition isn't exclusive to the PS4, either.

What the fuck did I just type?

LycanXIII

What they're saying is that it will be the same versions across the board. Whatever they added to the last 360 update (Have they added The End yet?) will be in the other versions. I wouldn't take this to mean that world/"server" sizes would be limited on the PS4, just that the world features are the same.

Chobel

your question was

my answer was that they were adding stuff to it, that's why it wont be available at launch.

Yeah that was my question, If the console versions are all the same then Xbox one edition should be ready for launch just like PS4 one.

Another question: If they're adding stuff to Xbox version, why in article they're saying that all versions are the same?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
They should clarify a little bit since the better HW should yield better results.

I haven't heard any of my 360 friends who own Minecraft complain about the size of the world but I would hope that a next gen version would have a little more freedom thanks to the HW.

Chobel

They should clarify a little bit since the better HW should yield better results.

I haven't heard any of my 360 friends who own Minecraft complain about the size of the world but I would hope that a next gen version would have a little more freedom thanks to the HW.

Lazy devs... It started

That article is terrible and isn't saying shit. It doesn't even confirm that PS4 won't get unlimited worlds.

What 4J actually said is that the "underlying code base is the same across all consoles". That would mean that 360 and Xbone versions are exactly the same as well. What they're actually saying is that PS4 version will launch with the same title update as 360, nothing about the world size.

I can't believe it won't have a bigger world size. Even it's its not infinite, it should be 2x or 4x the size of the 360 version. If they can do that, I'm in. Using the touchpad or the Vita as a touchscreen controller would seal it.

Someone needs to tweet 4J and ask specifically about world size.

So all versions the same? What's the issue exactly? No one's getting shortchanged... which is especially good news for Vita owners.

Full Minecraft on the go has the potential to be huge. Bundle that shit, Sony, bundle it like there's no tomorrow!

So all versions the same? What's the issue exactly? No one's getting shortchanged... which is especially good news for Vita owners.

Full Minecraft on the go has the potential to be huge. Bundle that shit, Sony, bundle it like there's no tomorrow!
Salivating at the prospect.

I want more news on the Vita version.

PureGone

Banned
Title should include its the same for Xbone and Vita. Makes it seem like PS4 is like 360 while others are upgraded.

your question was

my answer was that they were adding stuff to it, that's why it wont be available at launch.

But they just said they are aren't adding stuff...

Is this still meant to be a PS4 launch title on November 15th? Mojang said they'd talk more about the details of the PlayStation versions of the game, but have not done so yet. Did THEY ever confirm it was a launch game? I know many other sites, like Kotaku did.

Edit- Just looked it up. MINECON 2013 is November 2nd and 3rd in Orlando, Florida. That's just about a week and a half before the PS4 launches in North America. I wonder if they'll wait until then to show it off. They don't have to show off TOO much since we've Minecraft's been around for quite some time now.

Also, I am REALLY hoping for it to be Cross-Buy and Cross-Play. That way I can do a LAN party between my PS3/PS4. My Vita wouldn't be able join into that LAN party, as it would share the same PSN ID as my PS4 (my PS3 would be using my alternate account that I created for Portal 2 and Steam). I assume you can't be logged in to multiple versions of the game at the same time with the same PSN ID.

ckohler

Xbox one and PS4 versions can have larger worlds and still have the same code base.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume in the very least the Xbox One version will have larger worlds. Why? Because their own teaser trailer literally says "Bigger Worlds".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgDbTg4EUZM

So, assuming the only thing that's different between the versions is the world size, that tweet makes sense. PS3, 360 and Vita are probably the same as what's on the 360 today. While the XB1 (and likely PS4) have the same features but with larger world sizes.

Foshy

Also, I am REALLY hoping for it to be Cross-Buy and Cross-Play. That way I can do a LAN party between my PS3/PS4. My Vita wouldn't be able join into that LAN party, as it would share the same PSN ID as my PS4 (my PS3 would be using my alternate account that I created for Portal 2 and Steam). I assume you can't be logged in to multiple versions of the game at the same time with the same PSN ID.
I can play Spelunky in cross-play with both my PS3 and Vita logged in the same account. There shouldn't be a problem.

Xbox one and PS4 versions can have larger worlds and still have the same code base.

Yep. I've no idea why people are making this into a big deal, all they're saying is that they're not porting it from scratch. I highly doubt the limited worlds are hard coded into the engine, they're probably determined by a simple variable.

red731

Is Minecraft worth getting into?

I don't play it, but if you are creative person then you should give it a try.
You can do many interesting things there. Just go watch watch some videos like recreation of places or space ships, contraptions and other crazy stuff like that.

Top Bottom