• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4 Edition same as the Xbox 360 Edition

Eknots

I had no clue minecraft on consoles was a thing, no mods/textures and I'm guessing limitations on the world. Who could stand that considering it runs on basically any normal pc, amazes me.

I can play Spelunky in cross-play with both my PS3 and Vita logged in the same account. There shouldn't be a problem.

That's really cool. If it is triple-cross buy (PS Vita, PS3, PS4) that would be really fun for LAN. One purchase, three players with their own screens. Or split-screen on PS4 (4 players), split-screen of PS3 (4-more players) and one on Vita. That would allow for 9 players with one purchase! Maybe the PS Vita can also be used as an secondary screen for inventory, for those that want it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So, Vita and PS4 crossplay?

The amount of memory on vita would suggest it is more in line with 360 (is there a PS3 version?), so if PS4 has larger worlds, it might not be possible to do cross play. Would be a shame, I'd love to play on vita while the kids share splitscreen

The amount of memory on vita would suggest it is more in line with 360 (is there a PS3 version?), so if PS4 has larger worlds, it might not be possible to do cross play. Would be a shame, I'd love to play on vita while the kids share splitscreen

Yes, there's a PS3 version.

Piggus

The idea of Minecraft on consoles without mod support or HD textures amuses me.

The world size of the console version is even more amusing. It just totally ruins the game imo.

I had no clue minecraft on consoles was a thing, no mods/textures and I'm guessing limitations on the world. Who could stand that considering it runs on basically any normal pc, amazes me.

I don't get it either. It's not demanding on PC at all.

BigDug13

They could maybe allow both. Such as a world started on Vita and the PS4 opens that same world file up and it stays at that smaller total size to be playable across both.

BigDug13

The world size of the console version is even more amusing. It just totally ruins the game imo.

I don't get it either. It's not demanding on PC at all.

Try running it on a PC with 512MB RAM. That's what the 360 version of Minecraft is.

It's not graphically taxing, but I bet it's a memory hog to maintain the world state.

It would be disappointing if the Ps4 and XBO version ends up with similarly small worlds. Even the Vita has 256MB more RAM than either PS3 or 360.

Top Bottom