• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst PC specs revealed (min:i3-3250/Win7 64bit/650 Ti/6GB Ram)

EA just confirmed the minimum and recommended specs for the PC version of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst:
MINIMUM:
CPU: Intel i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350. (Note: Mirror's Edge Catalyst requires at least 4 logical cores to run.)
RAM: 6 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

RECOMMENDED:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 at 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 4GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 280x 3GB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller
Mirror's Edge Catalyst specs.

Please use one of the other threads to continue discussion and criticism of the unlock stuff :)

uggggh 970 is the minimum recommended. I have a 970, but I wanted to play in stereoscopic 3D, which as a general rule requires twice as much power.

...I should probably wait until I get a Pascal card so I can experience this game to its fullest. But... the wait is going to be hard.

I think the main takeaway is that Windows 10 isn't required which might have concerned some people :)

Hopefully I get a beta key to figure out if my 580 is sufficient. Otherwise it'll be ps4 for me!

oti

Banned
I'm good to go but I'm going with PS4 with this one. All my freinds will be there and I want to beat all their times.

uggggh 970 is the minimum recommended. I have a 970, but I wanted to play in stereoscopic 3D, which as a general rule requires twice as much power.

...I should probably wait until I get a Pascal card so I can experience this game to its fullest. But... the wait is going to be hard.

GTX 970 is the recommended card

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better

Tovarisc

Recommended to have 16GB of RAM? Quite steep requirement, I wonder if they even come close using 10+GB RAM for game alone.

Edit: weaponlordzero, I think most just ignore minimum spec and look at recommended as "minimum"

Kezen

Banned

The 970 is the recommended card, like in most AAA games.
Nvidia claim the 970 will do 60fps.

To determine the recommended NVIDIA graphics cards, our experienced team of testers played through the entirety of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. With that experience in hand, our technical marketing team was able to conclude that a 60 frames per second average in one of the most performance-intensive missions of the game corresponded to a smooth, responsive experience throughout every moment of the action game.

Irobot82

R9 280x is on the same recommended level as a freaking 970? NICE. That's the same thing as a 7970, a card from 2012 doing just as good as Nvidia's 3rd best card.

tci

Frostbite continues to shine with specs. Expect easy 60 fps on the recommended. I should be fine at least :)

Kezen

Banned
I remember when 8GB ram was the constant recommended amount needed. 16GB seems so ridiculous.

I interpret it as 16gb total installed on your system, not that the actual game will consume 16gb of system ram. But 10-11gb is possible.

I see nothing shocking about that at all, I guess some data needs to be duplicated in both pools of memory.

Adry9

7950 here, hope I don't have to make too many sacrifices to reach 60fps, the game looks awesome.

It's a DICE game so good PC performance is expected.

R9 280x is on the same recommended level as a freaking 970? NICE. That's the same thing as a 7970, a card from 2012 doing just as good as Nvidia's 3rd best card.

Frostbite 3 games are significantly AMD favored. An 280X is likely massively outperforming a 960 at recommended specs so they probably have to put a 970 there.

Kezen

Banned
Remember when it seemed so ridiculous to get games with 8GB RAM recommended? etc.

I remember when some claim that no PC game could ever require 512mb of system ram because back then consoles had 512mb total.

The different architectures might mean different ram utilization.

Rizific

16gb? is that for real? i have 8 right now, will this be a recurring thing going forward? is it recommended i upgrade anyway?

Tovarisc

16gb? is that for real? i have 8 right now, will this be a recurring thing going forward? is it recommended i upgrade anyway?

Expect more and more games recommending i7's and 16GB of RAM when moving forward. Reason why I /facepalm when people say 8GB is more than enough to ones building rigs now, better off going for 16GB right away in today's system requirement landscape.

Dahaka

Damn, why the hell did I think of getting a Steam Key all the time. Must be ME being a Steam title over all these years.

NeoRaider

My 280x is ready. I hope that it will be enough for 60fps at high/very high settings.
But 16GB of RAM... ugh. :/ I only have 8GB, but i think that 8GB will be enough.

Rizific

Expect more and more games recommending i7's and 16GB of RAM when moving forward. Reason why I /facepalm when people say 8GB is more than enough to ones building rigs now, better off going for 16GB right away in today's system requirement landscape.

thats what i figured. its a ~$40 upgrade for me, might as well.

edit: holy shit, checked my newegg order history and the ram i ordered in 2011 is still being sold. looks like ill be getting matching sticks, sweet!

edit2: and then i realized ive been on my current 2500k setup for 5 years =0

Gitaroo

Min has lower gpu requirement thand Battlefront 3 and recommanded has higher cpu. I take it this game needs more cpu processing power. I hope the ps4 version is at least 900p 60fps, gives me hope for future PSVR support.

Rellik

Glad I chose to go for the overkill option years ago and get 16GB.

ViciousDS

Banned
I've been sitting on 8GB's for years......I really need to up that shit lol

everything else I have

GTX970

its always the RAM lately.......i've been lazy for a cheap hardware upgrade

red731

7950 here, hope I don't have to make too many sacrifices to reach 60fps, the game looks awesome.

7970 GHz here. Hope for the same.

I am ready with everything else - Win 7 is a-okay for me still, so only potential trouble is in the GPU dept.

Dartastic

Haven't really bought EA games on PC since my build, but it's only going to be available on Origin, right? I have 50 bucks of steam credit I was hoping to use on this. :/

Top Bottom