• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto's 3 projects detailed [TIME]: Star Fox, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Banned
Looks like it's reusing Star Fox 3D assets, and those two projects don't really wow me that much. Hopefully they look better at the Event because I'm kinda disappointed.

MrT-Tar

It's happening, finally!

Eiaha.gif

Anth0ny

One of the things that stood out to me about the new Wii U and GamePad functionality in Project Giant Robot and then Star Fox is that you’re having to execute two or more maneuvers in 3D space simultaneously, moving the GamePad to aim and the control sticks to maneuver.

Sounds like a classic "doesn't need to use our control gimmick, but damn it, we're forcing you to use the control gimmick!" from Nintendo =/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Honestly I don’t have a clear idea myself yet, but one thing I’m thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess I’d describe this new approach as something that’s more like a TV series for Star Fox.

Miyamoto pls no

emb

WELP, so much for surprises in a couple hours.

Still, Star Fox hype! And maybe the others once I figure out what they are!

RyanDG

That Star Fox screen isn't really inspiring a lot of confidence in me. I hope that's more a sign of just how early it is in development rather than the aesthetic direction.

Ansatz

People should probably relax, it looks like a "gimmicky" eShop title. I'm for it though, I don't think there is room for epic scale AAA Star Fox.

Bricky

Man, dat spoiler. Way to fuck up Nintendo's megaton TIME.

I'll just wait for the live reveal for more info I guess. Not that big a Star Fox fan anyway, but still kinda shitty that it gets leaked like this.

RiggyRob

Look like they're going to be eShop only games, which is fine by me. Plus they said the games are likely a year away, so there's plenty of time to polish them up.

I hope the motion controls for Star Fox are optional. I really like analog stick.

I also hope it is not a remake and they are just using Corneria because it is used in every game. I want a new title!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, god damn, can we keep the names of the fucking games (especially Star Fox!) out of the title for people who don't want the conference in less than two hours ruined for them? Jesus.

Also, I would have preferred not to have the games in the title of the thread. I was hoping to go into the conference unspoiled. I hope this wasn't the only good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom