• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto's 3 projects detailed [TIME]: Star Fox, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Not sure why people are calling this a leak when Nintendo does this stuff all the time.

I'm certain Time posted this much earlier than it was intended to break, but I still think it's small potatoes to Nintendo, who have already announced titles they're more likely to spend time on.

SmokyDave

Two of 'em sound like minigames. The other seems like Starfox but with dodgy controls*. Huh.

*To be fair, they might work better than they sound.

sphagnum

Banned
If Star Fox is back then Metroid can't be too far behind.

Kind of sounds like Star Fox may be an episodic series of eshop titles though.

Robot game looks cool. Star Fox appears to be either a smaller scope downloadable title or a remake. Actually all three sort of seem like little downloadable experiments rather than retail titles.

Well, small scale projects are what Miyamoto had said he'd like to focus on going forward, so it isn't that much of a surprise. I could see them being titles that were available on disc as well as downloadable depending on how extensive they are and what Nintendo thinks about their sales prospects (possibly at $20-$30 rather than full price).

Screen cap'd

lDFTZSH.jpg

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man I was JUST talking to my buddy about how much everyone loves gyroscope controls!

Said nobody ever, anywhere.
Time really goofed here.

thefro

The Time article is down already, but I have the page still open.

Project Guard sounds like a fantastic concept for a game.

It says in the article that the Star Fox demo is based on experiments they did with the Wii, and you can tell from the graphics it is extremely early Wii type stuff. Nothing to get too excited about, an actual Star Fox game is likely more than a year off.

Also I don't want to play a Star Fox game where I have to hold up a gigantic tablet to control the goddamned ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom