• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Versus PS4 (Not Maxi Boost On)

Hope they don't toss all the old assets. Don't think I could handle going back to just the main characters Gundams and Mobile suits after so much fanservice from the last entry.

Some are ok to go... but if I have to live without some of those side suits selectable,

small info from famitsu

-the game uses new engine called "NU Library" which was worked on by Julien Merceron (the person who worked on Fox engine at Konami before moving to Bandai Namco)
-the game's development is about 30% complete.

Missed opportunity for NewType Engine

killatopak

Fucking finally.

Last versus game I played was extreme versus force and it was so lacking in content not to mention the missing finishers and systems.

killatopak

one game on a handheld doesnt fill me with confidence that bamco is going to release a console version of the series in the west when they havent in the past

I bought the game and did my part.

Bamco needs numbers so they'll have more confidence in localizing other gundam games.

Keep everything age

p8UHatL.gif

I wonder how they'll deal with the licensing issues if this really is aimed at a worldwide release.

No more series music and pilot cut-ins/VAs? How was this in Force?

I wonder how they'll deal with the licensing issues if this really is aimed at a worldwide release.

No more series music and pilot cut-ins/VAs? How was this in Force?

VAs were pretty much intact (all JP). Music tracks didn't have any vocals and all of them were still in from the JP version.

VAs were pretty much intact (all JP). Music tracks didn't have any vocals and all of them were still in from the JP version.

That's good news, but I'm still curious if that'll be the case for this game though. JP only Voice Overs usually isn't the move for mass market appeal in the West.

No vocals on music is to be expected. Just hope we're able to customize soundtracks as easily as in FB.

Just show me G-Self Bamco and you have my preorder at the earliest date possible

sensui-tomo

That's good news, but I'm still curious if that'll be the case for this game though. JP only Voice Overs usually isn't the move for mass market appeal in the West.

No vocals on music is to be expected. Just hope we're able to customize soundtracks as easily as in FB.

Just show me G-Self Bamco and you have my preorder at the earliest date possible

getting all the original english voices for this game isnt going to happen, I think NB finally nailed whichever voice studio did unicorn/origin as the gundam voice, aka we're not getting those 2 studios from canada ever again i think.

getting all the original english voices for this game isnt going to happen, I think NB finally nailed whichever voice studio did unicorn/origin as the gundam voice, aka we're not getting those 2 studios from canada ever again i think.

I'm not sure anyone is asking for them tbh

Like I wouldn't even notice the difference if I heard them

Apharmd

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I'm so scared now. What if it doesn't have competitive VS play with stock units like EXVSFB?

What if Bamco gets it wrong a second time and this is the nail in the coffin for the EXVS USA tournament scene?

Can't bury something that's never alive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DunpealD

The game is being built from the ground up i believe so roster will be reduced

Hopefully they will leave enough time between new dlc suits so we can earn them fast enough with ingame money. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wonder if it's going F2P, considering their first attempt bringing over 2v2 with Rise of Incarnates. It had a terribly mismanaged launch, so at least they learned how to not do it.

The game is being built from the ground up i believe so roster will be reduced

Which is needed imo. Even if the roster is a 4th of what it is in Maxi, that's plenty of variety for new players to get acquainted with. And I'm sure they're designing this game with DLC updates in mind.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
http://www.4gamer.net/games/356/G035628/20160913074/ via gamefaqs:

The article mentions the game will be based on the 2v2 gameplay the VS series is known for while focusing on aspects of conventional console games rather than arcade games. We can probably expect a decent amount of single player/non-arcade like stuff I'm guessing, but probably not in the same vein as Force since the older Famitsu interview said the team said they couldn't live up to the expectations of core VS fans with Force's content.

There's definitely going to be a focus on online play since the VSTG team goes on and on in the previous interview about inviting friends worldwide as well and creating content that's not arcade-like, so probably more co-op story/challenge stuff aside from the core VS action. I'm guessing elements of Force battle with the capital ships and holding points might come over (which I liked a lot about Force).

Also more info should show up on the 17th when they have a "Gundam 30th anniversary" stage show.
Hopefully this means a return of FvZ2+'s P.L.U.S. mode.

small info from famitsu

-the game uses new engine called "NU Library" which was worked on by Julien Merceron (the person who worked on Fox engine at Konami before moving to Bandai Namco)
-the game's development is about 30% complete.
FFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu-----

December 2017 release date then :(((((((

Nah, that shit needs to be trimmed down heavily. It's at 165 playable in MB On!
Maybe they'll finally see the light and give us a Breaker/GBF mode.

Missed opportunity for NewType Engine
Hah, seriously.

Remove SEED stuff.

Done.
No, need my Lacus IJ.

Correct answer.

Luigi87

AGE is terrible.
It's so friggin boring.

... And yet I endured watching it to the end.
... I couldn't bring myself to finishing G-Reco in comparison...

Drayco21

Anyone watching the Gundam Games anniversary livestream? Can't understand a lick of it, but hoping we see a little something.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/gundam-versus-closed-alpha-test-announced

Gundam Versus closed alpha test announced

Bandai Namco is planning a closed alpha test for its newly announced Gundam Versus for PlayStation 4, the company announced during the Gundam Games 30th Anniversary Stage at Tokyo Game Show 2016.

Further details about the closed alpha test will be announced at a later date.

As for the game itself, producer Ryuichiro Baba mentioned that, “I want to differentiate the console and arcade [Gundam VS] games. I want people all around the world to play two-on-two [battles].”

Bandai Namco also launched an official Twitter account for the game.

A release date for Gundam Versus has not been announced.

https://twitter.com/GundamVersus

"around the world," dam...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Top Bottom