• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Versus PS4 (Not Maxi Boost On)

Lgndryhr

I really enjoyed the Gundam Battle series on the PSP and Gundam Battle Assault series on the PS1, PS2, and GBA.

Would the versus series be similiar to them? Been looking for a Gundam game like them. Poured hours into them.

I really enjoyed the Gundam Battle series on the PSP and Gundam Battle Assault series on the PS1, PS2, and GBA.

Would the versus series be similiar to them? Been looking for a Gundam game like them. Poured hours into them.

The VS series is more like Virtual On. But crazier.

NEO0MJ

If you played the hidden Gamecube gem Gotcha Force this plays a lot like it, which is not surprising considering they'be both made by the same team.

TreIII

If you played the hidden Gamecube gem Gotcha Force this plays a lot like it, which is not surprising considering they'be both made by the same team.

It always makes me smile to see someone else who played/remembers this forgotten classic.

But hey, Capcom's loss is Bamco's gain. Especially once that team separated from Capcom, became "ByKing" and certainly found profitable work via continued Gundam Vs. and Gunslinger Stratos games.

Prophane33

Cool. At least if the game doesn't officially get released here I know which version I'll be importing.

If it's anything like Extreme Vs or Extreme Vs. Full Boost there really won't be that much text in it to justify making an Asian account for DLC. I guess I can understand wanting to take advantage of the price. It may have a simultaneous release, such as Sd Gundam G Generation Genesis.

Though, I guess that depends on how comfortable you are with any Japanese text/If you buy DLC on a Japanese account regularly.

For Vita I just have a JP account, for PS4 I switch from my US and Japanese ones regularly.

dwix

Cool. At least if the game doesn't officially get released here I know which version I'll be importing.

Yup! I'm excited about that as the worst case. I do agree with donkey show though, it seems likely to get a state-side release.

Memory

It always makes me smile to see someone else who played/remembers this forgotten classic.

But hey, Capcom's loss is Bamco's gain. Especially once that team separated from Capcom, became "ByKing" and certainly found profitable work via continued Gundam Vs. and Gunslinger Stratos games.

Gotcha Force was my second best GC game after Rouge Squadron. Me and my brother would battle different our teams day in day out. So much fun!

From gamefaqs:

Nu and Wing Zero in.

QBRbmGQ.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Make plenty of bootleg recordings.

If I get picked, okay.

There was a little box in the application for explaining why I should be chosen and I just said I can be the only gaijin then filled the rest of the box with an extended Universe yell.

Probably not getting picked (._, )

Apharmd

If I get picked, okay.

There was a little box in the application for explaining why I should be chosen and I just said I can be the only gaijin then filled the rest of the box with an extended Universe yell.

Probably not getting picked (._, )

POOOONPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NEO0MJ

A reset is a good chance to mix-up the roster a bit. Sure fan-favorites will be there but from that they can go anywhere.

My one concern with a reset is series representation.

If my hopes for more G-Reco suits weren't already dead, with a roster reset ... lol

Otherwise I'm all for it

TreIII

A reset is a good chance to mix-up the roster a bit. Sure fan-favorites will be there but from that they can go anywhere.

Very true. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the game to have a pretty modest roster to start with anyway.

This will probably be my first Gundam game since the 2v2 element sounds really fun. Any chance Argo and Bolt Gundam will be in this?

TreIII

This will probably be my first Gundam game since the 2v2 element sounds really fun. Any chance Argo and Bolt Gundam will be in this?

Standard parlance for a new Gundam Vs. game of a generation is that it'll be pretty much like a next gen fighting game proper: the roster will be much modest to start with.

So in other words, much like suggested above in other posts, we can likely expect the main characters' suits to appear, their rivals/villains and a few surprises/newbies picks on the initial release, with anybody else being added through updates. If Bolt Gundam ever does get added, it likely won't be for a while.

gunstarhero

Dumb question, but is this the same game as the Gundam NEXT demo that's currently on the JPN PSN store?

I played it a little last night - was sort of hard to navigate the menus without knowing Japanese, but I did wind up in a training mode fighting against bots who just stood there.

Seemed pretty good from the limited time I spent with it.

Dumb question, but is this the same game as the Gundam NEXT demo that's currently on the JPN PSN store?

I played it a little last night - was sort of hard to navigate the menus without knowing Japanese, but I did wind up in a training mode fighting against bots who just stood there.

Seemed pretty good from the limited time I spent with it.

Nope, different game. The one you're talking about is a F2P title called Battle Operation Next.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/gundam-versus-adds-guncannon-gouf-kyrios-tallgeese-barbatos

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a hands-on gameplay report of the alpha version of Gundam Versus, Bandai Namco’s new Gundam two-on-two battles game for PlayStation 4.

While the magazine’s impressions have yet to leak, Famitsu’s online preview does confirm 12 Gundam set to appear in the game:

Gundam
Guncannon
Gouf
V Gundam
Wing Gundam Zero
Tallgeese
Unicorn Gundam
Shinanju
Exia
Kyrios
Barbatos
Full Armor Gundam

Drayco21

It's a good starting point, for sure. Hyped for my boys Sinanju and Tallgeese.

Needs more G Gundam love. Gundam Maxter or bust.

Quebaz

Super excited about this, Next Plus on the PSP was my jam back then and I dabbled a bit with Rise of Incarnates (which was terrible on all accounts except gameplay and character designs...and even then) so this pleases me.

Now I just want every stage to be viable so we don't get an entire generation of Side 7 because that's all I see when I look up videos of Full Boost and Maxi.

Top Bottom