• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remaster confirmed via emoji

"you missed out playing the single player all those years ago, catch up on the MW trilogy story before you buy infinite warfare to get the full story"

boom ;_;

Auctopus

People saying what if IW has no multiplayer and COD4 serves as that, I really don't think either game is coming without multiplayer.

I think MW:R will be available on its own, it's just an offer to get it for free if you pre-order the new COD.

Hanmik

I so hope there will be Online Multiplayer..

5LBUX12.gif

Mikey Jr.

Dude, if I can play cod 4 online on ps4, I'm fucking done.

Best online I have played in a while. Mw2 would be pretty amazing aswell.

Hanmik

Dude, if I can play cod 4 online on ps4, I'm fucking done.

Best online I have played in a while. Mw2 would be pretty amazing aswell.

I wouldn't need any more games.. for real.. MW had me so hooked I went to the highest prestige. In MW2 I made it to the second highest prestige (until hackers ruined the PS3 game).. and I never was bored..

Windam

Scaley member
Please don't fuck this up. Please don't fuck this up. Please don't fuck this up.

MW and World at War are the only CoDs I kept. Both so good.

It's nothing like COD4, it feels nothing like COD4 because of the perk/killstreak insanity. It's maps are poorer for a start (apart from Terminal) and it took the series in an incredibly poor direction.

I enjoyed them in MW2 because I was good enough to beat people using shitty perks and killstreaks just with guns and grenades. After MW2 the density of bullshit increased tenfold, so it didn't really matter how good you were. And you're fucking insane if you think MW2 has bad maps. Every bit as good as MW's maps regardless of differences in gameplay.

Bishop89

I enjoyed them in MW2 because I was good enough to beat people using shitty perks and killstreaks just with guns and grenades. After MW2 the density of bullshit increased tenfold, so it didn't really matter how good you were. And you're fucking insane if you think MW2 has bad maps. Every bit as good as MW's maps regardless of differences in gameplay.

Yup,

mw2 maps were designed for EVERY SINGLE PLAYSTYLE, and no style was at a disadvantage.

They were just so much fun too, and colourful.

So good.

Go_Ly_Dow

Frag X 3
Martyrdom
Last Stand

All of that was a lot more a manageable than constanrly having bombs and bullets rained down on the map in unison (and dogs and turrets and more......).

MW more simple design in comparison to future titles is what made the gunplay more enjoyable.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Well you can call me insane then because you will never convince me that maps like Favela, Scrapyard, Quarry, De Rail and Sub Base (amongst others) are nothing but subpar maps, especially compared to MW's.

Of course compared to MW3s shitpile roster they are legendary in comparison.

They not going to announce campaign only. What would the point of that be? It would be the biggest troll in history to do a remaster with campaign.

Activision are not a stupid company.

Bishop89

Well you can call me insane then because you will never convince me that maps like Favela, Scrapyard, Quarry, De Rail and Sub Base (amongst others) are nothing but subpar maps, especially compared to MW's.

what exactly are bad about those maps?
They are totally functional for any type of playstyle.

Is it just an aesthetic thing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

I have the PC version now. If Activision reduced the price for all three to $10, that'd be the PC remake right there.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
what exactly are bad about those maps?
They are totally functional for any type of playstyle.

Is it just an aesthetic thing?

Honestly I never liked the layout of them. I never found them fun to run around in comparison to say even Terminal and Afghan and due to the amount of bullshit in the game I felt they had to cater to too much and they felt too scrappy. Now admittedly they do have better sightlines than say MW3 were it felt far too 'open' for my liking with everything else it never felt like the gunplay could shine due to everything else added to the game. But then I guess that's not purely the maps fault, that's a combination of everything.

I will admit though as well that I'm incredibly biased. You have to understand that COD was one of my favourite FPS series ever back in the day and COD1, COD2, United Offensive and COD4 are some of my favourite multiplayer experiences ever. To go from that to the excitement of building up for Modern Warfare 2 and then being so utterly disappointed it nearly killed my love for the franchise (until Black Ops revived it). I just feel like they moved away from the purity of COD and MW2 represents the series moving in a direction I disliked greatly.

So yeah I probably am a bit hyperbolic but mostly because of how strong my disappointnment was.

Renkax

MW2 remastered but also hoping to have the care package exploit when running you run faster than anything when you hold the can 👌👌👌

Um, why are people treating this like an actual announcement?

It's possible that's what is being hinted at, but it seems more likely that it was a low-level social media employee tweeting what he thought was a harmless joke.

It's possible that's what is being hinted at, but it seems more likely that it was a low-level social media employee tweeting what he thought was a harmless joke.
He was replying to a tweet from 2014, lol
This isn't some dumbass
This is a plan

People can speculate, reminiscence and hope for this. How does this affect you?

Alchemist

The tweet that was replied to is from 2014..

It's happening. What we don't know yet is if it will have multiplayer included.

The past couple of days have really made me want to go to Gamestop, pick up a used copy of MW2, and hook up my old 360. Is that game still going? People playing? Is it totally hacked and full of cheaters?

liquidtmd

Banned
If it's just the single player campaign - Gaf will explode

If it's not 1080p / 60 with perfect netcode - Gaf will explode

If it's not the same on XB1 and PS4 - Gaf will explode

If it's exclusive to a $100+ collectors edition - Gaf will explode

If they put in any shit remotely from later games - Gaf will explode.

Basically expect 'splosions

Lucifon

I think MW:R will be available on its own, it's just an offer to get it for free if you pre-order the new COD.

Free would be mighty generous. I fully expect this edition to cost more considering what they can get away with charging for it on the PSN/Xbox store whenever they make it standalone (which I'm almost certain will be months later and exclusive to this initially).

Can't wait for my single burst RDS M16 to be back in action.

Oh god, I wonder how the CoD community will be now? I'm not as good as I was when I was a high school freshman

Isn't that an insult? Poopypants?

Anyway, if this does include multiplayer I'm getting back into Call of Duty just for this. I missed the boat on CoD4 but what I played with the people who stuck around was amazing.

Top Bottom