• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're first post in the thread was

That to me reads as if she had no business calling the cops

I'm getting the idea that you're essentially saying that calling the cops was pointless as oppose to saying shouldn't have called them in the first place but that initial post doesn't really make that clear.

Granted I should have made the bolded clear.

This guy is a rabble-rousing distraction, people. He only serves to make pointless, distracting arguments. Lets please not engage in his pointless bickering about how the victim shouldn't have called the police. He seems to care about only talking about the victim's actions and we shouldn't encourage that kind of discussion on this issue.

Goodbye, and lastly for the record, You live in fucking La La Land. Projecting a bunch of bullshit for a rise, I never said any of the shit in context to what you're crying about right now

And now you want to make yourself the victim here. Amazing.

No one has called you anything of the sort. Grow up, and focus on the issue here.

Damn, all you people know is "Victim Blame" and countless other tropes to post. Let it rest man.

What did you want her to do?

I would have defended my child. Im sure she called the cops expecting justice, but riddle me this Thread.....

Actually the whole thread can answer this question.

Do y'all really think she's gonna call the cops in the next altercation after having this experience?

Keasar

....Did he...ask her if the boy littered and why the man wasn't allowed to choke him (the boy) for it?

I have no words...

I am currently in shock.

Flo_Evans

Man chokes 7 year old after he says boy littered
Mom calls police because man chokes her son
Mom describes situation to police
Police asks why mom didn't teach her son not to litter
Mom gets angry because there's no way you can justify choking a 7 year old
Cop begins to arrest mom, puts her on the floor, gun to her back.
Cop arrests another girl

7 year old tells mom a man choked him. Is there any actual evidence of this? Seems like the cop believed the guys story.

He seems pretty biased though from the way he treated the family. I certainly wouldn't call the cops out to deal with a disagreement like this with my neighbor.

"Look at what calling the cops got her. Now assaulting the man back, THAT is how you solve problems!"

What problem was actually solved?

Yo, Im done. Dogpile mentality is sickening here. Ya'll really don't get it...

It PROVES to me y'all don't know shit about about law enforcement abuse and y'all never have been involved with a completely demeaning altercation with a Cop before.

DOWN

Banned
He grabbed the 15 year old for touching her mom? This cop is so stupid and you could tell from the second he said "why not?"

I would have defended my child. Im sure she called the cops expecting justice, but riddle me this Thread.....

Do y'all really think she's gonna call the cops in the next altercation after having this experience?

That man most likely would've knocked her out, or worse

Lose/lose situation, but if I were her I'd rather take my chances with the cop

Dali

Damn, all you people know is "Victim Blame" and countless other tropes to post. Let it rest man.

I've seen enough and had enough personal experience with cops to only trust calling them in situations where their courage and testicular fortitude are not needed in the slightest. For instance, I called them to file a report when my parked car was hit. Anything that may result in a marginal increase in adrenalin and I'll just handle it myself.

Dali

He grabbed the 15 year old for touching her mom? This cop is so stupid and you could tell from the second he said "why not?"
His stupidity was apparent before then. He said "why not" after asking her why she didn't teach him not to liter.

Y'all are much better people than me cause I would of fucked the piece of shit up. This mothafucka had the nerve to choke my child? Man fuck that dude would of got stomped the fuck out and if that makes me just as bad as him oh well.

Dalek

This should be the lead story on every news site and channel right now.

Phones with cameras + Facebook live have really changed things in as far as capturing this shit on video. Imagine all the things that happened and it was "your word against theirs"

Sapientas

What the fuck is that video? Considering the situation, that mother managed to keep her calm a lot more than me. That cop was purposely dense and didn't give a shit about her family. That is, until the cop decided he would arrest her for something?

Saying people shouldn't call the police in any remotely heated situation is not outlandish considering the state of American law enforcement.

If you have a problem with people saying/suggesting that, then you have a problem with law enforcement.

Y'all are much better people than me cause I would of fucked the piece of shit up. This mothafucka had the nerve to choke my child? Man fuck that dude would of got stomped the fuck out and if that makes me just as bad as him oh well.

💯

There are some soft people in this world.

Two Words

Anger like that is understandable, but it's best to think about your kid. You don't want to get tied up into the criminal justice system when you have a kid that depends on you. Every part of you will feel the guy deserves a beating, and there is merit to those feelings, but it will only hurt your family in the long run.

Well then.

Merry Christmas.

I'm trying to imagine a police officer snatching my mother up. I woulda been a shot sommbitch because not on my fuckin watch.

Two Words

Saying people shouldn't call the police in any remotely heated situation is not outlandish considering the state of American law enforcement.

If you have a problem with people saying/suggesting that, then you have a problem with law enforcement.
It's the taking the law into your own hands part that is what is especially wrong. The system is corrupt, but taking the law into your own hands just plays into that corruption. At least the family now has the public largely on their side and will likely get a big financial payday. Sucks for us taxpayers, but it will work out well for them.

Anger like that is understandable, but it's best to think about your kid. You don't want to get tied up into the criminal justice system when you have a kid that depends on you. Every part of you will feel the guy deserves a beating, and there is merit to those feelings, but it will only hurt your family in the long run.
Considering she was arrested anyway I don't see your point

White supremacy working as intended folks.

Where are all the good cops speaking out about this? Not one. Bunch of cowards.

They could get killed.

Read an interesting article about good cops investigating bad cops (it was in the Atlantic or whatever, that same paper made that hilarious Nintendo piece).

There is good cops out there, but you won't hear about them because they want to stay alive and have a job.

Two Words

Well you should consider that not all arrests are equal. The video with the lawyer indicates that they aren't going to put any charges with her and Internal Affairs is working with her right now. Do you think the same outcome would occur if she attacked the choker and cops responded later and arrested her?

Dali

GAF seems to know all the solutions to life's very real problems.
This asshole is now empowered to abuse little black kids. Say he does it again? If you were the mother, what would you do in that situation? Shit like this is why there's an uptick in gun purchases. 'Police aren't gonna help and I'm not sure I can take him physically... Guess I'm just gonna have to shoot that motherfucker if he touches my kid again.'

Im honestly wondering what the mother would do if faced with situation again.

Sapientas

7 year old tells mom a man choked him. Is there any actual evidence of this? Seems like the cop believed the guys story.

He seems pretty biased though from the way he treated the family. I certainly wouldn't call the cops out to deal with a disagreement like this with my neighbor.

His demeanor towards her, especially the damning "Why not?" response, clearly shows his bias. He didn't give a shit about them from the beginning.

alternade

Im serious, black people are going to start shooting back and its not going to be pretty. Shit like this is happening everyday and white america refuses to believe it or acknowledge our humanity.

Ri'Orius

💯

There are some soft people in this world.

I've lost the plot: are you saying she shouldn't have called the cops because cops are shitty and likely to not solve the problem/make it worse, or that she shouldn't have called the cops because enacting personal retribution is the more appropriate/less soft thing to do?

And, uh, in what world is the latter not victim blaming?

zeemumu

So for what reason did he grab that woman from behind when she went up to her mom? I mean I know the answer but what was the bullshit answer?

hbkdx12

The thing is, leaning so heavily on the "she should have just took the matter in her own hands anyway because the outcome would still be the same" is that it suggests that she believed or should have believed that doing the "right" thing of calling the cops and trying to let them handle it would result in her arrest.

I highly doubt she or anyone in her family truly believed she'd be marginalized with dumb ass questioning let alone actually being arrested for again, doing the "right" thing

hiim_haz

Banned
What a fucking dick. This is only going to get worse, frustration will reach a boiling point and things will get more violent.

I've lost the plot: are you saying she shouldn't have called the cops because cops are shitty and likely to not solve the problem/make it worse, or that she shouldn't have called the cops because enacting personal retribution is the more appropriate/less soft thing to do?

And, uh, in what world is the latter not victim blaming?

Watch the fucking video, keep me out of this.

Y'all really wanna make me the bad guy today.

Fuck everything about this.

1. The guy choked a 7 year old child, assaulting a minor, after the child threw a piece of paper at him. Paper.
2. Family of child calls cops to get justice.
3. Family who called cops gets berated by the cops and is asked why the man is not allowed to assault her son. Some of the most insane shit I've ever witnessed on video.
4. Daughter tries to get in between cop and the mother before it escalates further, cop decides to arrest both Mother and Daughter at this moment for no apparent reason.

Thankfully this was caught on video or this would have been so much worse for that family.

We need body cameras for all cops managed by a third party and extremely strict punishments for tampering with them after implemented.

Well you should consider that not all arrests are equal. The video with the lawyer indicates that they aren't going to put any charges with her and Internal Affairs is working with her right now. Do you think the same outcome would occur if she attacked the choker and cops responded later and arrested her?
Honestly? who knows, depends how the police are feeling any given day

And LOL internal affairs

Sapientas

So for what reason did he grab that woman from behind when she went up to her mom? I mean I know the answer but what was the bullshit answer?

I'm guessing she escalated the situation unnecessarily and needed to calm down. Best way for that is to struggle, taze and handcuff them.

Two Words

Honestly? who knows, depends how the police are feeling any given day

And LOL internal affairs
So you think it is even slightly possible that if she attacked the choker that she would have no charges sticking to her and that they would be directly working with her to seek justice? Okay.

The thing is, leaning so heavily on the "she should have just took the matter in her own hands anyway because the outcome would still be the same" is that it suggests that she believed or should have believed that doing the "right" thing of calling the cops and trying to let them handle it would result in her arrest.

I highly doubt she or anyone in her family truly believed she'd be marginalized with dumb ass questioning let alone actually being arrested for again, doing the "right" thing
And this was a learning experience for her

As girlfriendofagamer said I doubt she'll be as quick to call the police next time

Alavard

WTF what was the cop thinking? I mean, the girl is just walking there and he grabs her and escalates the situation. Why why why?

Thinking? The officer has decided, from the beginning, that she is the 'bad guy'. Nothing else matters at this point. She's going down, because she's the bad guy.

Edit - to be clear, I mean, he's no longer 'thinking' at that point. He's made his (horrible and insane) decision at that point. No room for critical thought anymore.

Two Words

And this was a learning experience for her

As girlfriendofagamer said I doubt she'll be as quick to call the police next time
*Woman wearing provocative clothing out at night is raped*

"And this was a learning experience for her

As Captain Quacker said, I doubt she'll be as quick to dress like that next time."

You honestly don't see the similarities in attitude here?

Sethista

You know, out of all the countless videos of this kind of bullshit, this is the most chilling one.

She was relying on him for help as he is sworn to do, and at every corner he responded with scarn, in a way that it was to put her in her place, so to speak.

"why dont you tech your kid not to litter?
"why cant the white guy do the job you didnt by chocking him?"

And he waited for the barely minimum show of disruption to go full COD on them. and didnt think twice.

Seriously this was some scary stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom