• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

marmoka

Banned
If they announce a Switch version, they will drop the bomb.

If they announce a 3DS version, and a Switch version at the same time... Everyone will buy the 3DS version, at least in Japan.

So would you guys prefer a wiiu game to a 3ds game at this point if No switch?

It's coming to 3DS, give up.

At this point we should just hope for something like MH3U (3DS AND Wii U).

They can release the NS port in March.

But it's not like we would get the 3DS/Wii U version anyway, lol. The localization would take time and they would probably skip straight to the NS version.

EDIT: So basically we shouldn't give a fuck because we don't live in Japan, lol.

I'm about ready for MH to go multi already...I can't get into handhelds at all. Need a big screen Mh experience already.

So either NS or PS4 please cap. Or both...looks like we're not getting those type of announcements yet tho.
Verendus actually hinted at Mh coming back to PS, I hope it's not eclusively that frontier game

Ridley327

I'm about ready for MH to go multi already...I can't get into handhelds at all. Need a big screen Mh experience already.

So either NS or PS4 please cap. Or both...looks like we're not getting those type of announcements yet tho.
Verendus actually hinted at Mh coming back to PS, I hope it's not eclusively that frontier game
It's safe to say that the Monster Hunter presence on PS4 isn't happening like he originally discussed, with MHFO2 being canceled fairly recently.

andthebeatgoeson

Uggh, I know Japan has been doing it but I preferred the 'only the G release' in the West. Do I get to pull my data over? I'm not doing another delivery quest.

Mupod

Uggh, I know Japan has been doing it but I preferred the 'only the G release' in the West. Do I get to pull my data over? I'm not doing another delivery quest.

It's been standard practice to let you import your character/progress into the G version, provided it was on the same system. Last time I did this was MHFU.

I wonder if this is MHXG, if we'll get another MH3U scenario where the later NA release ends up on the new system as well as the old.

tuffy

I assumed that's why MH:Generations makes a point of storing all its save data on the SD card in the first place. That'd make it very easy to transfer to the next game.

andthebeatgoeson

He expected PLAYSTATION. hahahaha.

You could coming from 4 to 4G.

It's been standard practice to let you import your character/progress into the G version, provided it was on the same system. Last time I did this was MHFU.

I wonder if this is MHXG, if we'll get another MH3U scenario where the later NA release ends up on the new system as well as the old.

I assumed that's why MH:Generations makes a point of storing all its save data on the SD card in the first place. That'd make it very easy to transfer to the next game.

Thanks for the replies. Heart started racing.

Kyoufu

Hopefully it's about bringing this series back to home consoles, where it belongs.

Capcom expects this title to sell 2 million units by the end of March 2017, so this can't be a Wii U title. Sorry :(

Not that I'm ruling out the possibility of a 3DS/Wii U multi release but I find Wii U getting any support at this stage extremely unlikely.

MegaMelon

Hopefully it's about bringing this series back to home consoles, where it belongs.

Purely from a financial point of view, this is wrong. Monster Hunter has pretty consistently sold many more copies on handhelds than consoles.

I'm still hoping for MH5 on switch precisely because of it being on a home console of course but let's not act like the decision to have Monster Hunter on handhelds was a poor one for Capcom to make, despite our own grievences.

Purely from a financial point of view, this is wrong. Monster Hunter has pretty consistently sold many more copies on handhelds than consoles.

I'm still hoping for MH5 on switch precisely because of it being on a home console of course but let's not act like the decision to have Monster Hunter on handhelds was a poor one for Capcom to make, despite our own grievences.

I would love to see MH on a competent portable

Like what the switch seems to be

Sad that this isnt what the direct will cover

MegaMelon

I would love to see MH on a competent portable

Like what the switch seems to be

Sad that this isnt what the direct will cover

Yeah honestly I'd rather a MH5 on switch first rather than MHXG first with MH5 coming after. But hey it's just a matter of time tilll we get it.

OT: If this is MHXG I wonder when they'll release it in the west. Late 2017?

Ridley327

Yeah honestly I'd rather a MH5 on switch first rather than MHXG first with MH5 coming after. But hey it's just a matter of time tilll we get it.

OT: If this is MHXG I wonder when they'll release it in the west. Late 2017?

Assuming a March release, the usual localization time would put it at a fall release, but I would assume that with how good a job Nintendo and Capcom have done with scheduling the game, they would move it to a less busy month early on in 2018. Of course, that does beg the question if there isn't already a Switch version in the works if that's what the case winds up being.

Then again, they could pull a massive 180 and have already been working on the localization and it'll get a summer release in the west. At this point, who knows.

Those posts won't stop if it's Switch exclusive.

Well my beef has always been with 3DS specifically

Nintendo switch is poised to finally give me the hardware and software combination ive been looking for

I just hope the feature set is there to complete the package

As far as this direct... Ill be very disappointed to see yet another 3ds edition but they release a game every year so ibcan happily exit the 3ds space and wait. I got my MH fill this generation with 3ultimate, MH4 and MHX

Kyoufu

Those posts won't stop if it's Switch exclusive.

Why not?

Switch is a hybrid and should please both handheld and console fans.

I've been dying for MH on the big screen for years and I'd feel content with MH5 on Switch.

3DS is just really outdated and not a great piece of hardware to me.

My money is on MHXG for 3DS. Will play the crap out of it because MHX is so damn good.

I think we are all excited for a new MH game, especially if it's an expansion of MHG, but the 3DS has been milked to death, let it rest in peace and move on to NS, or at least give us a Wii U version for the time being.

Why not?

Switch is a hybrid and should please both handheld and console fans.

I've been dying for MH on the big screen for years and I'd feel content with MH5 on Switch.

3DS is just really outdated and not a great piece of hardware to me.

3ds was outdated, hampered and bad the day it came out

Outside of the touchscreen implementation it was a step backwards for playing Monster Hunter. MH4 being the best of the bunch with Online and 60fps

Im beyond done with playing great games on shit hardware

So thanks for Making the switch Nintendo

Vuze

3ds was outdated, hampered and bad the day it came out

Outside of the touchscreen implementation it was a step backwards for playing Monster Hunter. MH4 being the best of the bunch with Online and 60fps

Im beyond done with playing great games on shit hardware

So thanks for Making the switch Nintendo
Preach! I was already at peace with Stories being the last MH game I had to play on 3DS and now this... ;-;
I'm sick of the console and MH being tied to it for five/six years.

The LIES.

There's more to games than graphics and resolution.
Please elaborate how the 3DS innate capabilities positively influenced the MH experience, because I think that's what the poster was after.
I can't recall any new mechanic that couldn't be achieved on another platform.

The LIES.

There's more to games than graphics and resolution.

This so much. I could never go back to Monster Hunter 3x after 4 Ultimate. And even then I think MH4U is a handsome game. Everyone focuses on texture quality when there's so much to admire, from the animations of both your character and the monsters, to the choreography in the cutscenes, to the little details of each location.

Top Bottom