• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

yankee666

Gold Member
MH3G demo download tomorrow! For those with a japanese 3DS of course...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/demo.html

Thanks for the info, i checked the web and for clarification the demo hit december 1 in japanese stores only. The demo will also be available for the E-shop but not release date has given yet.
BTW the themo will only last 30 times after that you cannot longer use it, the quest will last 15 min on stores and 20 min on the e-shop demo.

PS: the last monster looks more like a Subspecies of the Kushala Daora

Tenbatsu

Thanks for the info, i checked the web and for clarification the demo hit december 1 in japanese stores only. The demo will also be available for the E-shop but not release date has given yet.
BTW the themo will only last 30 times after that you cannot longer use it, the quest will last 15 min on stores and 20 min on the e-shop demo.

PS: the last monster looks more like a Subspecies of the Kushala Daora
Thank you very much for the clarification!

Btw Dengeki got a site for MH3G that's updated daily for those interested.

http://dol.dengeki.com/sp/mh3g/

Tenbatsu

No problem :)
I visited that site and is very nice designed and has a lot of info. Thanks :)
I only wish i could get my hands on that white LE 3DS Mohan editio.
I think there are plenty left at Nippon Yasan at 22,970Yen. I ordered mine thru that site because my normal supplier f me up big time by selling me at USD$430.

yankee666

Gold Member
I think there are plenty left at Nippon Yasan at 22,970Yen. I ordered mine thru that site because my normal supplier f me up big time by selling me at USD$430.

Oh Wow i didnt know about that place, thanks a lot for the tip!!!.
I already made the order, Cant wait to have that beauty on my hands :).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sweet new intro. Tri's was better as a first view of that world but this one's cooler in all the right ways as that kind of introduction wouldn't work a second time.

Was that a new monster at the very end or just Alatreon?

Also, I haven't been following this, what's the confirmed number of monsters that weren't in Tri now, outside sub species? I know of Plesioth, all the Portable 3rd monsters however many they are, are there any more (don't tell me which ones if they're returning monsters also)?

Eteric Rice

If they do release it here, it needs online.

I mean, I have friends that would play with me. But damn, gas is expensive and it'd be easier if we could just play together.

Emitan

It needs online because all of my streetpasses are the same 2 people I randomly pass during classes. I don't know anyone who has a 3DS :(

Eteric Rice

It needs online because all of my streetpasses are the same 2 people I randomly pass during classes. I don't know anyone who has a 3DS :(

I work at a certain game store, and we all have 3DSes.

I think Nintendo should start doing street pass events more, though. In game stores, maybe comic book stores too. I think Nintendo should make a digital card game as well, but that's me.

Mine are my brother and sister. Twice a day, at least. (excluding everything from PAX and a few random ones here and there)

Wichu

I work at a certain game store, and we all have 3DSes.

I think Nintendo should start doing street pass events more, though. In game stores, maybe comic book stores too. I think Nintendo should make a digital card game as well, but that's me.

Pokémon TCG 3DS. Believe.

Anyway, I've never played a Monster Hunter game before; would this be a good place to jump in?

Izayoi

Banned
Anyway, I've never played a Monster Hunter game before; would this be a good place to jump in?
As good as any.

Edit: Yeah, I guess Tri might be a better starting place.

Well I mean to start now. It's going to be a long wait until this comes out here.

fates

Because..?

Knack for pessimism. Also because P3rd was skipped (though this was a bit understandable what with the PSP situation) as was P3rd's PS3 HD version.

The 3DS also doesn't seem to be a good performer for Capcom titles.

However, I'm sure if Nintendo kicked in with some advertising here, it'd do very well like Tri did for the Wii.

Wichu

I have a ton of games in my backlog; I don't mind waiting it out. I prefer handheld games because of their convenience (play anywhere + sleep mode + 3D!), so I guess Tri G it is.

Erethian

Knack for pessimism. Also because P3rd was skipped (though this was a bit understandable what with the PSP situation) as was P3rd's PS3 HD version.

However, I'm sure if Nintendo kicked in with some advertising here, it'd do very well like Tri did for the Wii.

Portable 3rd HD was skipped because SCEA doesn't allow the release of unbundled PSP Remasters.

Emitan

Capcom would be stupid to not release in the west to take advantage of the "New system, new IP" phenomena. Sure, it's not new, but it hasn't really gained momentum here yet. Release Tri-G now to set the stage for MH4.

Tenbatsu

Official Site Updated (1 Dec 11)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/

shinka01_p02_05.jpg
monster09_p02_l.jpg

Super Hungry Joe

shinka03_p09.jpg

X Series

yankee666

Gold Member
anyone know where this demo is, then?

Today only on Japanese stores, hopefully next week (dec 8) on japanese e-shop when the update hit. Anyway by that time the demo will be late (at least for me) since the game hits two days later .

Im counting right or maybe i missed something but there is only 1 new monster (not countig the subspecies)?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

What Capcom titles didn't do well on 3DS? SSFIV did alright I thought, even with being a late port and not having updates/dlc like AE... What other games did they make?

Don't see how P3rd is at all relevant either.

Alrus

What Capcom titles didn't do well on 3DS? SSFIV did alright I thought, even with being a late port and not having updates/dlc like AE... What other games did they make?

Don't see how P3rd is at all relevant either.

Well there was Mercenaries 3D but I don't believe Capcom had high expectation for that one, and they said it sold "solidly" (whatever that means).

For me there's really no doubt this game is coming. I just hope it won't take too long.

Emitan

I meant Tri also of course even though MHP3rd isnt a port of Tri like the past. Billychu you should play more Unite and get Tri too tbh!

I hate the PSP-1000 too much to play FU any more than I have. Gonna get Tri sometime next year to play with Gafers. Hopefully in January.

Orayn

Well, I've purchases a 3DS. Don't let me down by not localizing this one, Capcom...

Portable 3rd HD was skipped because SCEA doesn't allow the release of unbundled PSP Remasters.

Trying to do the MP through Ad-Hoc Party also presented challenges.

Top Bottom