• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been monster hunter spin offs that people clearly don't like so I'm not sure why it's surprising people aren't feeling this. Graphics aren't everything. Especially for a series that is more about gameplay than anything else.

Sandfox

haters don't realize the significance of this
an MH title back on sony console is HUGE
whose to say if this becomes successful the mainline won't jump over?

Because the portable games sell like 3-4 million in Japan alone and it would dumb to just dump that.

Thoraxes

I don't think you understand exactly why MH is popular in its primary market/region.

regenerating health, stealth elements, open world, qte

i personally don't like it but this hits every note with western audiences. this is the 10 million seller Capcom wished Dragon's Dogma would be.

PKrockin

Doesn't hype me much, as a big fan of the series. I laughed at seeing some of the old PS2 animations still used. Monster design looks pretty poor and I'm not sure about the gameplay yet. Not sure how a super generous grappling hook and stealth are going to mix together. I'll probably still buy it anyway.

Usobuko

Banned
Capcom messed up, reaction are as what I expected. And I expected further words-of-mouth to be eagerly spread throughout the web.

They should have just make stick to the formula and make the mainline multiplat.

regenerating health, stealth elements, open world, qte

i personally don't like it but this hits every note with western audiences. this is the 10 million seller Capcom wished Dragon's Dogma would be.

Wait was there regenerating health? That seems really fucking dumb for this franchise

MegaMelon

Ah yes you can't dislike something or be wary of it without being labelled a hater.

Also this is on XBO and PC as well so not sure what you're trying to say.

Producer

people more interested in a game coming to their preferred platform than the game lol

Mupod

Hopefully they put out gameplay of a full hunt or something. This did not inspire confidence at all, but there was like 2 seconds of the hunter actually attacking.

They changed bow guns to make them faster? lame. This looks kinda weak so far. Like no one wanted a monster hunter with different combat. They just wanted a prettier monster hunter. Also pc later is lame but better than nothing at all I suppose..

Dinda

I like it......if i just wouldn't feel that this kills all the small hope that i still have for Dragon's Dogma......

Crom

Since there were multiple unanswered questions about why I no longer cared about the Switch MH. It's because.

Because I'll be getting that for PS4 instead? I was only going to get the Switch version because I didn't think Capcom would ever bring it to PC or Console due to wanting to keep development costs down.

But, we'll see.

This doesn't look like it plays like Monster Hunter though. Like the graphical upgrade but worried that it is a different game. Time will tell

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Not what I wanted out of a MH title from what they've shown so far. Hoping they'll show some more meat and bones to the combat.

vareon

The reveal feels pretty low-key for something like MH. One of the biggest franchise in Japan should've been a huge part of event.

Still pretty hyped.

Demoli

Absolutely no hype for this, this is everything i didn't want MH to be.

Tracking? Grappling hooks? CAMOUFLAGE? Blah.

Skyzard

Banned
That's the best I've ever seen Monster Hunter, and not just the visuals, seems they finally polished the gameplay.

Will jump in on PC.

Can't say I'm that interested after seeing that trailer. Unless my hunting friends all grab it and rave about it, I doubt I'd bother. But all of them seem pretty skeptical as well.

ngower

I'm very excited. I'll double-dip with this and XX for Switch. Purists need to calm down and enjoy legit HD Monster Hunter.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Does not look like a classic monster hunter, I'll take a wait and see approach to this. Thankfully this confirms the 4chan rumour so I guess I got MH portable to looking forward to with the traditional stuff.

This looks like it wants to be a Western AAA game, without the budget to realize that ambition.

I very much doubt it'll realize whatever Western ambitions Capcom has for the series, but well, I assume they'll still keep making more traditional MH.

Mupod

Absolutely no hype for this, this is everything i didn't want MH to be.

Tracking? Grappling hooks? CAMOUFLAGE? Blah.

I mean I don't see why any of that is inherently bad.

Tracking makes more sense than paintballs. Grappling hooks and expanded traversal options makes sense if they are going for a more open environment. You can already kind of sneak around in MH but it was never a really fleshed out mechanic.

I'll be the first in line to shit on this if it's the Dead Rising 4 of MH but I really do need to see more of it. And please for the love of god I hope this doesn't mean they won't bring over XX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom