• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely doing a lot of things differently than a traditional Monster Hunter game, but I'm still very much looking forward to playing it.

Does not look like a classic monster hunter, I'll take a wait and see approach to this. Thankfully this confirms the 4chan rumour so I guess I got MH portable to looking forward to with the traditional stuff.

Going by the fact that they got the title of this one wrong. I'm guessing MH portable will be MH5.

No. It isn't.

Yea. It is.

It's not numbered and subtitled and likely by another Capcom team.

KingBroly

Banned
regenerating health, stealth elements, open world, qte

i personally don't like it but this hits every note with western audiences. this is the 10 million seller Capcom wished Dragon's Dogma would be.

Please tell me you're joking on regenerating health

That's a non-starter for me.

Saturday

The fact that they showed no multiplayer is interesting. Hopefully it works out well; single-player MH, even with faster combat ..

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
As a fan of MH this just seems bland and boring.

I figured it would be something like this but was hoping for it to be at least similar to MH.

jeremy1456

haters don't realize the significance of this
an MH title back on sony console is HUGE
whose to say if this becomes successful the mainline won't jump over?

This is a spin-off. The PS4 already has Frontier, which is another spinoff.

You're trying too hard to make this more significant than it is.

MegaMelon

I'm very excited. I'll double-dip with this and XX for Switch. Purists need to calm down and enjoy legit HD Monster Hunter.

Oh boy here we go. I anticipate this happening in every thread.

How can I enjoy HD Monster Hunting when I was shown pretty much no Monster Hunting? Not writing it off but certainly not a good first impression.

Luigiv

Yeah need to see some uninterrupted gameplay footage because that trailer did nothing for me.

Will probably pick up the PC version regardless.

TreIII

I'm...interested. At least for now.

At the very least, much like with Sonic Mania, I'm guaranteed to still have what I want in XX, even if this one doesn't end being something that maintains my interest.

i personally don't like it but this hits every note with western audiences. this is the 10 million seller Capcom wished Dragon's Dogma would be.

10 million!? This won't sell a fraction of what Horizon did, and Horizon didn't have stellar sales.

Sesha

Compromised modernized westernized Monster Hunter w/ open world and detective vision. This is what you get. Feel my pain.

Because it was a home console game before. It didn't sell well. Then it switched to portable and it blew up. Console and portable versions have were subsequently released and only the portable ones are the ones that end up selling that they became the mainline of the series.

Not even talking about Nintendo versus Sony consoles here because both got various versions of MH on each of their respective home and portable console.

VICI0US

Eh. Very apprehensive after that reveal. If it winds up decent ill get the PC version. If it's as radical of a departure from core MH gameplay as it looks ill pass

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
"Westernize" is a bad word, but wasn't Game of the Decade* Zelda: Breath of the Wild a Zelda that came from westernization?

FACE

Banned
9T1kgIr.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
remember when "cant go to 3ds graphics after switch"

try going back to switch after playing this on Xbox One X :)

Graphics aren't everything, especially with a series that survives purely on gameplay like Monster Hunter. It'll be easy to go back if the gameplay is bad.

kaioshade

I mean I don't see why any of that is inherently bad.

Tracking makes more sense than paintballs. Grappling hooks and expanded traversal options makes sense if they are going for a more open environment. You can already kind of sneak around in MH but it was never a really fleshed out mechanic.

I'll be the first in line to shit on this if it's the Dead Rising 4 of MH but I really do need to see more of it. And please for the love of god I hope this doesn't mean they won't bring over XX.

XX is dead. We get World and Capcom will consider that enough for the US.

Juraash

Seems like Monster Hunter in name only. None of the draw of MH seemed present in that trailer. I won't pass judgement from just one trailer, but if this is the apparent price one pays for HD, you can keep it.

Eolz

Japanese sales will say where mainline end up.
Apparently this game is not even coming to Japan.

Khezu

I need to see the actual combat, and a full length hunt before I pass any judgement.

But yes, very skeptical.

the reactions in this forum suggest that it doesnt. i may be wrong but i dont see anything that makes it super interesting for western audiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom