• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World (XB1/PS4, PC later, Early 2018) E3 info [Up: Effectively MH5]

Rappy

Nice comment. I'd rather have Monster Hunter on PC rather than a Nintendo console or any console. I do want XX localized for the west. But I don't see how the rumor is blatantly wrong when you actually read what is written like that thread OP says.

Nice comment. I'd rather have Monster Hunter on PC rather than a Nintendo console or any console. I do want XX localized for the west. But I don't see how the rumor is blatantly wrong when you actually read what is written like that thread OP says.

So do you want to provide us a source on the part of the rumor that says there is internal strife within Capcom?

You're so adamant the rumor is true you must have one, right?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
No crossplay is a HUGE bummer for me and my wife. MH is the one title we always play together :( Really disappointing

Rappy

So do you want to provide us a source on the part of the rumor that says there is internal strife within Capcom?

You're so adamant the rumor is true you must have one, right?
I'm arguing that the rumor got most things correct when others are arguing they got most things incorrect. I already stated there's a lot of wording that's bias/subjective in what is written.

BigEmil

4chan leaker is alot of bullshit he made up just guessing some stuff up while making up even more stupid shit

Rappy

If you aren't drunken or on some other drugs then there is no excuse to argue in favour of the 4chan rumor.
There's no reason to argue about most of this shit regarding MHW when the game still isn't out yet/everyone doesn't know how the finished game will be. I'm just refuting someone's list of "incorrect" info when it sounds pretty correct to me if not all of it is. I'm completely in on MH: W, but I don't see how anyone can argue that the rumor got "cross cross" wrong.

There's no reason to argue about most of this shit regarding MHW when the game still isn't out yet. I'm just refuting someone's list of "incorrect" info when it sounds pretty correct to me if not all of it.

The entire point of the rumor was to trash talk Monster Hunter for anything not on a Nintendo platform. It is a joke about western games being easy, simple and QTE festivals and a specific group of people eats it up...

Kyoufu

Time for that 2nd job I keep hearing about!

Hardly the same thing...

Cross play is not exactly an industry standard yet. Maybe in five years.

Would have been easier if they enabled crossplay on this game. Then I could play on my PC while my brother uses his PS4

We don't know when the PC version is coming so that wouldn't have been possible at launch. Who knows, maybe it'll be a thing by the time it launches or after?

Meesh

I think what's going to hurt the most, and I say that as someone who follows the series no matter what, is that I'll be buying 2 PS4s and games for Mon Hun. Reason being is my boys don't live with me but we hunt together every second night or so and every weekend. Kind of an extravagant purchase but worth it... we've all been hunting together since Wii and played previous entries.

The upsides are numerous though, Worlds sounds reworked in many respects, looks great, there's other games on the platform.

Realistically I had a feeling for quite some time that after Capcom gained sufficient western support through handhelds this would be the next step... hoping it pays off in a big way.

eggandI

Banned

I_don_t_believe_you._-_Imgur.gif

Your entire post history is fanboy posturing for nintendo, and you came in here to defend a rumor that tried to make this game sound bad despite all impressions pointing to otherwise.

Rappy

I_don_t_believe_you._-_Imgur.gif

Your entire post history is fanboy posturing for nintendo, and you came in here to defend a rumor that tried to make this game sound bad despite all impressions pointing to otherwise.
Quality post. Guess I spent $2000 on this PC to use it only for Nintendo games. This is why I don't post on console war bait topics.

I haven't played a whole lot of any MH game but this is looking really damn cool. I especially like how the creatures are animated and how agressive they are. This is basically one big open world full of creatures, right? Or is it still like that MH game on PSP or Vita it was i believe where seperate parts of the world were blocked off?

The hell? Most of these are correct or come pretty close to correct peppered with some bias/negativity. I don't see how people can say that it isn't.

1) Cross Cross is literally/visually XX - correct
2) They already said they were thinking of the title MH5 but decided to go with World - correct
3) No areas separated with transition screens can be construed as open world - correct
4) Subjectivity/bias comes into play here, but some additions and changes can be construed as more acceptable to the West - correct
5) no timer/missions - correct
6) Not having all weapons yet - possibly correct at the time, this game is still in development and we have not seen all the weapons yet
7) Online MP only - correct
8) Rumor said PS4, PC, AND Xbox but NOT Switch- correct

Here's a thread with the posted rumor(s): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381389

Note: I'm buying World on PC and bitter about no XX on Switch

Provide some sources when people ask for confirmations?

I like your style. Assume rumours are correct, but ask for sources when it comes to stuff that's currently common knowledge based on marketing responses.

Rappy

It seems like you don't post at all except to defend ninty
I don't because I have to interact with people like you who bait console wars. Oh did you not go back to my tons of posts on defending FFXV, something not on Nintendo console? Or my posts strictly dealing with PC related stuff? There's a lot of Switch stuff because Switch is the hot news. But anyway I've derailed the thread enough.
I like your style. Assume rumours are correct, but ask for sources when it comes to stuff that's currently common knowledge based on marketing responses.
I ask for confirmation because I wanted to legitimately know if it was true or not? I would love to play with PS4 and X1 players. Info in rumors can be confirmed from things shown, you know.

Kyoufu

Anyway.

I'm not ruling out cross play between console and PC just yet. It doesn't seem like it'll happen on day one but maybe after a year they'll implement it. Capcom aren't strangers to console and PC cross play (Street Fighter, Monster Hunter Frontier and Dragon's Dogma Online) so I think it's a possibility eventually and would probably boost their double dip sales on PC later on.

Fistwell

He didn't buy this $2000 PC to question convenient rumors or accept common knowledge as common knowledge.

Anyway.

I'm not ruling out cross play between console and PC just yet. It doesn't seem like it'll happen on day one but maybe after a year they'll implement it. Capcom aren't strangers to console and PC cross play (Street Fighter, Monster Hunter Frontier and Dragon's Dogma Online) so I think it's a possibility eventually and would probably boost their double dip sales on PC later on.
Yeah I don't know. Sony seems like they can't be bothered right now. No telling what'll happen down the line though, yeah.

Raide

I haven't played a whole lot of any MH game but this is looking really damn cool. I especially like how the creatures are animated and how agressive they are. This is basically one big open world full of creatures, right? Or is it still like that MH game on PSP or Vita it was i believe where seperate parts of the world were blocked off?

Open world in terms that the zones are not cut into sections where you loads in and out of each one. It does not seem to be open world like an MMO where everything slides together. I am guessing you probably travel by boat of something and you expand around via quests etc.

mao2

Monster Hunter Frontier allowed players on PS4/PS3/PSV and PC to play together. Perhaps we'll get cross-play when the PC version releases later.

Time for that 2nd job I keep hearing about!
If you need a second job to buy another PS4 or XBO then maybe you should look for a better paying job. :p

I don't care either way but the rumor didn't say PS exclusive it said, not on Nintendo and that Sony didn't care if it was on Xbox or PC.

That's literally one of the biggest things that made the rumor a giant load of BS before we got any MH: World details/reveal. Sony would do PS4 without a care for a PC version, sure.

Sony doesn't care about Xbox? Yea, that's a no. The rumor was a bunch of BS, logically inconsistent and got a bunch of things wrong. Let's stop giving it any credence.

Kyoufu

One can hope, but I've learned to not get my hopes up with Capcom

All I'm going to say is, I've been hoping for a console Monster Hunter built from the ground up for like 7 years and it finally happened, despite people telling me that it wouldn't because MH doesn't sell on consoles etc etc.

Anything is possible!

Azull

Isn't the simplest argument here is that the switch cannot run monster hunter world at the same fideity on pc, ps4 & xbox? It just seems insane for Sony to randomly care about a game being on a Nintendo console but not give a damn if it's on their direct competitor/rivals console. Just my 2c.

Aside all that, my four friends and I have literally been dreaming and hyping each other up for over 6 years for a monster hunter on a current generation console. I honeatly still can't believe and am beyond pumped for this game.

Kyoufu

Isn't the simplest argument here is that the switch cannot run monster hunter world at the same fideity on pc, ps4 & xbox? It just seems insane for Sony to randomly care about a game being on a Nintendo console but not give a damn if it's on their direct competitor/rivals console. Just my 2c.

Aside all that, my four friends have literally been dreaming and hyping each other up for over 6 years for a monster hunter on a current generation console. I honeatly still can't believe and am beyond pumped for this game.

When this game began development, Switch didn't even exist on a developer or consumer level, so it'd be really weird for Sony to pay Capcom to keep it off a platform that hadn't existed.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If you need a second job to buy another PS4 or XBO then maybe you should look for a better paying job. :p

If you think paying $300 for an extra console, $120 for both games and $700 for an extra tv is a reasonable cost in order to play one game, then I dont know how the fuck you handle your money and I dont wanna know.

ryechu

I don't see why it wouldn't be, honestly. The last main title was X & XX, right? Why it would even need to be labeled '5' to be the 'Real' MH5?

Thinking about other series names--Assassin's Creed Unity is very obviously AC5 even if it doesn't have a number on it. Why? Because it's the next major release in a similar gameplay style to the game that had 4 on it, and was their release for current-gen platforms that year. Syndicate is AC6, and Origins is AC7, for all intents and purposes. Now, you can argue that Rogue is AC5, but that is more of a Brotherhood or Revelations- style game, a supplement to the larger story of AC3 with gameplay elements from AC4.

In any case, none of them are spin-offs, so need to get hung up on numbers in evaluating this game.

monster hunter x was never referred to as a main title by the devs. mhw has.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
That's literally one of the biggest things that made the rumor a giant load of BS before we got any MH: World details/reveal. Sony would do PS4 without a care for a PC version, sure.

Sony doesn't care about Xbox? Yea, that's a no. The rumor was a bunch of BS, logically inconsistent and got a bunch of things wrong. Let's stop giving it any credence.

Sony being worried about Nintendo taking Japan makes sense, they dont need to worry about Xbox over there.

I can sympathize with the core MH fans. It's not fun seeing your beloved game being gutted to chase the console golden goose. I have seen it happen time and time again with my favorite RTS and Sim games for the pc lose their soul. Shit sucks.

Usually its from the much powerful pc to console so its kinda ironic to see it go from less powerful handheld to powerful console but the result is still the same. The core game play is heavily compromised because of it.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I can sympathize with the core MH fans. It's not fun seeing your beloved game being gutted to chase the console golden goose. I have seen it happen time and time again with my favorite RTS and Sim games for the pc lose their soul. Shit sucks.

Usually its from the much powerful pc to console so its kinda ironic to see it go from less powerful handheld to powerful console but the result is still the same. The core game play is heavily compromised because of it.

What's being gutted from MHW that is in the predecessors? It seems like they're (Capcom) are making changes to take advantage of the more advanced tech that they are now working on.

Raide

Not being gutted at all. Read the OP, check out some videos etc.

Grief.exe

There is no local coop. That's like a Mario game where everything else pretty much stays the same and the scope is expanded.

But no jumping.

I wouldn't call that gutted, keeping the core gameplay is more important.

Plus the logistics of local play with console/PC is difficult.

Top Bottom