• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Ugh, why do Scorpion always win. They always play sub zero, every..... single..... time.

Lol, it looks okay, but that definitely didn't look like in game graphics. I do expect it to look a small bit near it though.

ItIsOkBro

Can‘t stop watching o_o

Also let‘s be real here 9/10 people who didn‘t like the music already didn‘t like rap in the first place.

Unicorn

Initial reactions:

Eh, on Subs
Yeah, on Scorps
Blech on Injustice in-stage item usage

music was passable, given the build-up speculation with tweets to said rapper.

Show me gameplay and the original cast and I'll be in.

Also, human Reptile please.

Compbros

We'll get gameplay at E3. NRS has done exactly this for MK9 and Injustice: CGI announce trailer, gameplay trailer along with character reveals at E3, more details throughout the year leading up to April release.

Karak

I would be very interested if the gameplay did look somewhat like that. Though it would be difficult for so many cuts to not put one of the players at a disadvantage or a bad angle it would be fun to mess around with.

Well, that's kind of what everyone's saying, isn't it?

Rap is fine, but it a) doesn't fit the actual trailer and b) Khalifa sucks ass.
Either keep it instrumental or get Tech9 or Necro in there.

Going by the first 4 pages, it seems like it's just "rap sucks!".

Compbros

Ugh, why do Scorpion always win. They always play sub zero, every..... single..... time.

Lol, it looks okay, but that definitely didn't look like in game graphics. I do expect it to look a small bit near it though.

The same reason Batman always wins, the popular character gets the upper hand to appease casual fans.

SDJGreen

Banned
Eh, not very keen on the trailer.
Music choice was really bad, and the animations were a bit strange - granted it's CG.

Hoping to be a bit more impressed with the actual game. Not sure I like the idea of the environmental stuff from Injustice, didn't really like that - took too much away from the actual fighting...

Need to see more from the character designs too, but so far they look ass... Sometimes less is more, but Netherrealm always do the opposite. Their characters are always so overdesigned. Whats with all the straps on Scorpion for instance?

Apparently it's made with Unreal Engine 3 like MK9 did.

At least that's how I would interpret this tweet by a guy who's description states: "North American Licensing for Epic's Unreal Engine"
Unreal Engine 3?? What in the actual fuck? UE4 is out guys...

Once again another game that's not cross-gen but using a last gen engine just like batman...lol

gAg CruSh3r

Great Trailer but horrible music.

Hype level was at 10/10 until music started playing. I hope they make more soon with MK music instead.

Jaeger

Hmmm. CGI isn't "in-game/created to spec" not even in-engine. This is CGI created by a third party company for NetherRealm.

What's wrong with everyone on the forums, these days.I said it was pre-rendered, and not gameplay.

The company that made it could have been told to use "these assets" to make it resemble "this game".

That is common in the gaming world. Whether or not it will actually resemble that, I have no clue. But I said it was not gameplay.

Ill wait till I can see actual gameplay ... I dont understand why devs dont release actual game play footage in these teasers...Maybe after the Watchdogs and Aliens fiascoes they dont want to release any early game play footage that is subject to change.

Top Bottom