• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

what the fuck is wrong with youtube?

i'm disgusted by these comments and they make it fucking impossible to report a user

it's really a mecca for uneducated fuckwits who wanna go full retard on a level that'd get them instantly beat the fuck up in public by people with even slight core values

I wanted to start a channel for gaming content but now that I'm getting a little more familiar with the audience it ain't even fucking worth it

true pond scum humans

Song is good, doesn't really suit this imo. MK screams death metal/industrial/EBM or something.
But it's a good get for mainstream appeal.

Looks phenomenal. Obviously some liberties taken to make it a cinematic fight, but I would say that's pretty much how the game will look.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Going by the first 4 pages, it seems like it's just "rap sucks!".

Well there is an acronym for rap which would insinuate that is does indeed suck. (Retards attempting poetry)...... Hip hop however is amazing too bad intellectual hip hop does not sell as well as the crap on the radio.

On topic I do like the character design and you can immediately tell its a nether realms studio project from their .... Unique ..... animation style.

Albo

Unreal Engine 3?? What in the actual fuck? UE4 is out guys...

Once again another game that's not cross-gen but using a last gen engine just like batman...lol

Warner Bros licensed the engine back in 2011 for NRS and rocksteady to use till 2014. Could be on of the reasons why they're still using it.

http://epicgames.com/news/warner-bros.-interactive-entertainment-licenses-epic-games-unreal-engine-3

NetherRealm Studios and Rocksteady Studios Will Utilize Engine Exclusively Through 2014

BURBANK, CA, MARCH 17, 2011 — Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced a long-term studio-wide license agreement with Epic Games to use the award-winning Unreal Engine 3.
The development software will be available for any team developing a Warner-published game across PC, console and mobile platforms and, through 2014, will be the exclusive game engine used on projects being developed by Rocksteady Studios who are currently working on Batman: Arkham City and developed the critically acclaimed hit Batman: Arkham Asylum for WBIE/DC Entertainment, and NetherRealm Studios, the team behind award-winning Mortal Kombat franchise for WBIE.

Looks like there will always be someone who thinks your game will look like the pre rendered cgi announcement trailer. Looking forward to this game nonetheless.

Well there is an acronym for rap which would insinuate that is does indeed suck. (Retards attempting poetry)...... Hip hop however is amazing too bad intellectual hip hop does not sell as well as the crap on the radio.

On topic I do like the character design and you can immediately tell its a nether realms studio project from their .... Unique ..... animation style.

What the fuck, dude?

I can agree with that. EDIT: The hip hop part that is. I don't really like the word retard.

Silky

Banned

K31XgEI.gif

zoukka

what the fuck is wrong with youtube?

i'm disgusted by these comments and they make it fucking impossible to report a user

it's really a mecca for uneducated fuckwits who wanna go full retard on a level that'd get them instantly beat the fuck up in public by people with even slight core values

I wanted to start a channel for gaming content but now that I'm getting a little more familiar with the audience it ain't even fucking worth it

true pond scum humans

Never visit Twitch.tv

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
The fuck is that awful rap shit?

I can't even understand what he is saying.

That inappropriate music. Terrible.

what's with the music, that was garbage. besides that, awesome trailer.

Well, certainly one of the top contenders for the worst music (if you can call rap music ;)) in a vg trailer.

Ugh, that music ...

Pointless CGI and pure ear cancer for a soundtrack. Waste of time.

GAF never fails to amaze me by some of the posts.. Funny, if this were a gears of war trailer or any other non rap trailer GAF would scream..." OMG AWESOME TRAILER AND MUSIC".... The music won't dictate your purchase of this game lol.

The trailer was indeed cool. I like how they made use of environmental objects.

I really like the little collar / hood thing they added to Sub-Zero's weird padded vest thing. The whole design seems a little more evocative of the original design. I wish MK's aesthetic didn't turn into such a dark-busy-and-gritty conglomerate, but eh, what are you gonna do.

velociraptor

GAF never fails to amaze me by some of the posts.. Funny, if this were a gears of war trailer or any other non rap trailer GAF would scream..." OMG AWESOME TRAILER AND MUSIC".... The music won't dictate your purchase of this game lol.

No. The trailer flat out sucked.

The part that bothered me the most was the fact it was entirely in CGI. Showing CGI is as relevant as using live action footage.

Am I too late to comment on how the rap music don't fit with mah fightin' gamez

Trailer was pretty good, but I think the x-Ray attacks slow the pace a bit.

Silky

Banned
Well, certainly one of the top contenders for the worst music (if you can call rap music ;)) in a vg trailer.

Every time.

Yeah, guys, rap music isn't a genre! And rap isn't synonymous with fighting games even though fighting games are referenced the most in said genre! gosh dern jungle music!

Really hope this game has a comparable story line and unlockables just like 9. I don't really play fighters like this for the competition, I just love unlocking things and going on a crazy story ride. I absolutely loved MK9 but only touched online and MP once or twice

TyrantII

Ill wait till I can see actual gameplay ... I dont understand why devs dont release actual game play footage in these teasers...Maybe after the Watchdogs and Aliens fiascoes they dont want to release any early game play footage that is subject to change.

I don't think releasing CGI that the game can never live up to is better than a very scripted and advanced virticle slices the game will never live up to.

I understand why they do it, but I'll complain loudly why I don't like it and why its pretty condescending to their consumers and shows a lack faith in their own product.

How about something both realistic / grounded and amazing? How about a game looking better and better as development progresses? How about ditching the white lies and the contempt for your customers?

Looks like positive and inside marketing can and did work pretty well for ISS and Killzone. Why can't these larger publishers play fair ball?

kiaaa

I'm hoping the combat actually has meat to it like the trailer. It'd be a shame if the fighting was as weak as MK9 or Injustice.

I'm a big rap fan and I agree, the music was terrible. Wiz Khalifa is awful. I wish they go the street fighter route with their music. Instead of composing new music for the new games just redo the classics with a new spin on it. The older games' music would fit these new mk games perfectly.

Axass

It's a trailer with no gameplay, what should be talk about? The music won't dictate our purchase, true, nor will the graphics, models, weapons, or anything in that video, it's all CG. Might as well talk about how badly the trailer was put together: that music just doesn't work well with the images shown.

What's wrong with everyone on the forums, these days.I said it was pre-rendered, and not gameplay.

The company that made it could have been told to use "these assets" to make it resemble "this game".

That is common in the gaming world. Whether or not it will actually resemble that, I have no clue. But I said it was not gameplay.

Dunno buddy, I know you didn't say gameplay and I didn't quote you due to the word pre-rendered.

It's the "in-game" part that I quoted, suggesting that the trailer could be somehow made in the game engine, and well, being a GCI trailer it's not in-game footage in any sort of form.

A target render isn't usually CGI either, most of the times it's something you can interact with in real time on high spec computers. This is just a video, you can't interact with anything in it.

AppleMIX

I always hate it when people bitch out CGI trailers. It's not like we're only getting this one trailer and that's it.

We'll probably have 2-3 more trailers and tons of gameplay demos.

I thought Sub-Zero was dead...?

I would rather them fudge the story for the sake of having all the characters.

erawsd

Once again another game that's not cross-gen but using a last gen engine just like batman...lol

Does Batman look like a last gen game? I doubt these are the last UE3 games that'll be announced, UE4 only recently became "ready." After some of the nightmare stories of early UE3 development, its not surprising that devs aren't immediately taking the risk.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

This appears to be cross-gen so UE4 wouldn't work here.

Ed Boon was only looking at UE4 this GDC so I suspect Injustice 2 is also a cross-gen UE3 game.

I'm a big rap fan and I agree, the music was terrible. Wiz Khalifa is awful. I wish they go the street fighter route with their music. Instead of composing new music for the new games just redo the classics with a new spin on it. The older games' music would fit these new mk games perfectly.

That's what they did in MK9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OASG5X5Wt_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KBLgp5_smc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TDNCFSP7iM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bIe0dfiXME

Top Bottom