• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Dario ff

Banned
yvTIqZR.png
I thought MS stated they didn't want "Xbone" to be used on official media. :p

Good to see PC getting supported, hopefully on release.

Probably the only game that has gotten me excited for this gen so far. I don't even really like fighting games that much either but I think that speaks volumes to how great this looks.

Albo

Interesting...

Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Negaduck

Can never really judge how a game will play from a cg trailer. Don't get me wrong amazing trailer. I do enjoy some wiz kalifa also and loved how scorpion looked.

I would much prefer just a match video because regardless of how pretty it is if the game play sucks. But I know you have to get everyone else who doesn't care about the game play hype.

Take a good look at this, Capcom!
PC version right off the bat, THIS is how you do things!

Couldn't be happier right now.
Time to save some money for a new graphics card.

I hope the game has the same roster as MK9 +new characters.
It should at least have Smoke. Need my main, yo.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The new details:

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Gildarts

Banned
What exactly is great in this trailer?

All I see is a CG trailer of scorpion and sub zero fighting.
Then mixed with incredible bad and unfitting music.

The announcement is cool, the trailer is bad imho

Depending on your definition: do you consider Unreal Engine 3 next-gen technology?

Maybe...as in: Your textures will be loaded in next generation.

Trailer looks fine but I don't believe for a second that it wasn't just CG made to look like gameplay (in some scenes).
Playing MK to unfitting Music...kinda worked. :p

And another thing: Back to block please.

Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC.

Well that's one way to pad out your PR.

Bloodrage

Banned
I'm not really sure how it took confirmation that it was CGI for a lot of GAF to see that it was CGI. GAF really is slipping.

That looks quite good.
Disagree. The all black background looks cheap, and Scorpion being the only character on the cover is too vague unless you're already a fan. It just looks like a random character render placed on the box. Hardly impressive box art.

The new details:

New challengers? Ooooo I like the idea of new characters. I'd be cool with them reintroducing some of the newer characters from MK4 and up though. We already saw some of the female characters like Kira, I think Ashrah and I think Tanya in MK9 in Shao Kahn's Arena stage.

RAIDEN1

Bring back the theme tune to the original but remixed well, and they'd be onto a winner, (music wise at least..)

Kreed

I'm a big rap fan and I agree, the music was terrible. Wiz Khalifa is awful. I wish they go the street fighter route with their music. Instead of composing new music for the new games just redo the classics with a new spin on it. The older games' music would fit these new mk games perfectly.

It's fine if you are making this distinction (it would be good if more posters did as I'm not a Wiz fan either), but there are clearly posters in the topic that don't like the music because it's hip hop/it wouldn't matter if better rapper was on the track. So there's no need for hip hop fans/Wiz Khalifa haters to come to their defense.

RM8

Cross-gen being such a common thing this generation is awesome :3 I'm not in a hurry to buy new hardware in part because of that.

It's hard to tell off a CG trailer and art not even made by Netherrealm, but I hope they are changing up the art style to something more realistic versus the cartoony style of the last game.

Top Bottom