• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
People didn't like skarlet?
She was one of the more well received new characters but even she wasn't super popular. A lot of the new MK cast, particularly from DA and Deception were horrible. Kenshi is a notible and awesome exception.

Jaeger

10014943_10152481608129446_3476845918049516357_o.png

Awesome idea if true. Please Ed Boon confirm this.

I hope no one believes this is real.

She was one of the more well received new characters but even she wasn't super popular. A lot of the new MK cast, particularly from DA and Deception were horrible. Kenshi is a notible and awesome exception.

I hope they have some badass MK4 characters like Quang Shi.

I hope they have some badass MK4 characters like Quang Shi.

Quan Chi was in the 2011 game.

No Kratos in MKX.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/474612117073444865
RT @RalfGone @noobde ed boon is kratos coming on Mortal Kombat X EB: Not likely. He was awesome in MK9 but we dont wanna repeat.

Something interesting that Ed retweeted and said was cool:

The artist behind these says they are fanart.

The artist behind these however, is the senior character artist for NRS.

Use it!

Raptor

I know, but I am hoping for him to return again.

He was the best thing to come out of MK4.

Yeah, that design is superb. They should go with it. I didn't even realize it was Ermac, at first. I'd love to see an innovative design like that for Noob Saibot.

Also that design is more inline with the Scorpion design too, using fabrics instead or armor like suits, would really like for more characters to be designed like that.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I'm hoping for better second suits for the ninjas, those two don't look that good. Also, that rapping was bad. So bad.

Ed Boon, please don't have lizard man Reptile. Please.

Bardiche

Although it's not real, that Sub-Zero boxart is sweet. Count me in as one of those fans who is tired of seeing Scorpion beat Sub-Zero up, but it doesn't surprise me since Scorpion is Boon's favorite character.

Loving that Ermac design, it would be nice to see a ninja that isn't roided out. Going for an eerie and mystical look works for Ermac. For Reptile, we need to see his human form back while Rain can gtfo.

Looking forward to seeing how Reiko and Mavado turn out, these two have a lot of potential to be interesting characters.

Razia

Although it's not real, that Sub-Zero boxart is sweet. Count me in as one of those fans who is tired of seeing Scorpion beat Sub-Zero up, but it doesn't surprise me since Scorpion is Boon's favorite character.

Loving that Ermac design, it would be nice to see a ninja that isn't roided out. Going for an eerie and mystical look works for Ermac. For Reptile, we need to see his human form back while Rain can gtfo.

Looking forward to seeing how Reiko and Mavado turn out, these two have a lot of potential to be interesting characters.

The ninjas haven't looked roided out since Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon.

Synth

Count me in as one of those fans who is tired of seeing Scorpion beat Sub-Zero up, but it doesn't surprise me since Scorpion is Boon's favorite character.

It really has gotten stupid. It's ruined the dynamic between the characters. These two were pretty much MK's Ryu and Ken, but they've made Sub-Zero so free to Scorpion over the years, that it's become difficult to take their rivalry seriously. As soon as I began watching the trailer, my mind immediately drifted to "I wonder how Scorpion plans to work Sub-Zero over this time".

Raptor

It really has gotten stupid. It's ruined the dynamic between the characters. These two were pretty much MK's Ryu and Ken, but they've made Sub-Zero so free to Scorpion over the years, that it's become difficult to take their rivalry seriously. As soon as I began watching the trailer, my mind immediately drifted to "I wonder how Scorpion plans to work Sub-Zero over this time".

He has to get revenge, Sub Zero is evil.

:p

Synth

He has to get revenge, Sub Zero is evil.

:p

Ok sure (lies...), but in the frickin' reveal trailer? They couldn't even have him survive 2 minutes from a new instalment being revealed? At least make it seem like Scorpion couldn't get his revenge whilst sleeping.

Jigolo

This won't happen but damn it'd be flawless if it did. Unfortunately not many studios do neat things anymore.

You should tweet ed boon about it with the photo attached. If that happens I think it'd be really neat.

You at least have a voice on twitter unlike many of us with like 10 followers.

Raptor

Ok sure (lies...), but in the frickin' reveal trailer? They couldn't even have him survive 2 minutes from a new instalment being revealed? At least make it seem like Scorpion couldn't get his revenge whilst sleeping.

Thats just Boon making sure everyone knows who's the Boss, but yes I agree, in the reveal trailer and we already saw Scorpion killing Sub Zero lols.

I know, but I am hoping for him to return again.

He was the best thing to come out of MK4.

Yeah, that design is superb. They should go with it. I didn't even realize it was Ermac, at first. I'd love to see an innovative design like that for Noob Saibot.
If you've played the last few games, I think you'd recognize his costume. Noob already has a very badass look from MK9.

Top Bottom