• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mrs. Clinton, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train...

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Clinton’s advisers tell her to prep for a landslide
Advisers to Hillary Clinton’s campaign have identified so many paths to an Election Day victory they are now focusing not only on the one or two battlegrounds that would ensure a win but on opening up the possibility of an Electoral College landslide.

“Hillary Clinton has many paths to 270 electoral votes, more than any candidate in a generation,” said Jeff Berman, a paid consultant to her campaign.
“She is sitting at 269 electoral votes guaranteed right now,” said David Plouffe, the architect of Barack Obama’s two victories and an outside adviser to Clinton’s campaign, including the battleground state of Pennsylvania in his count. “I would argue she is sitting at 347 but for argument’s sake we can suspend reality for a moment.”

“The Clinton campaign is smart to have such a wide playing field,” he said. "It increases your margin of error, forces Trump to play defense in the Georgia, Utah, and Arizona — and preserves the chance for an Electoral College landslide.”
Clinton allies see an East Coast path, for instance, which would guarantee 317 electoral votes by picking up New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida; a wholly separate Latino strategy that would put her at 295 electoral votes just with victories in Florida, Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico; and a path through the Rust Belt that would focus on Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa and put her at 293 electoral votes without North Carolina, Georgia, Florida or Nevada.
Clinton officials are also worried about projecting too much confidence when 64 percent of voters think the country is moving in the wrong direction and the candidate is intensely disliked; projecting a commanding position could negatively affect Democratic turnout needed to guarantee a win.
“The fact that North Carolina is seen as one of the key pathways to 270 speaks to her strength as a candidate and his weakness,” said Stewart of the state that was deep red until 2006. “We got 365 electoral votes in 2008, and I could see their campaign getting close to that number.”

And of course:
Michael Bryant · Works at Proud U.S. Navy Veteran
Thomas E. Dewey was told the same thing in 1948.
Leon Huffman
So everyone should just not bother to vote because Politico has declared the winner. Let's have a coronation of the crooked Queen. Let’s see how corrupt she can really be once she has the complete protection of her own FBI, Justice Department, and IRS. No one will be able to look at anything she does because she will have executive privilege. Wake up America we have already lost the free press. Elect Hillary and see what other freedoms we lose.
Bruce Linder · Wayne State University
The only way Clinton wins at all is if Obama rigs the election ballots. I have way more faith in America than I do that lying, treasonous, money grabbing witch.
Brenda Gertsch
N rigging elections again Demotrash...Progressvies are still out there angry and resenflul. Vote Stein, Stay home....HUBRIS thy name is Whore Of Wall Street.
Sato Rc
Apparently, the soulless and reckless dems are confident to win the "game", even should it mean to sacrifice their country and select a corrupt criminal as their leader... What a shame!
Shana Cattles · San Francisco, California
If we had an ethical DOJ/FBI, the headline to this article would be "hillary's advisors her to prep for prison".
Christopher Yaecker
Her advisors should be fired and Hillary should be censored for that ugly blouse she is wearing.
Parker Steps · Chicago, Illinois
Yes yes, easy victory you can tell by the enthusiasm of her rallies....oh wait
Meredith Reeves
Lockwood Peckinpaugh But the old hag is actually going to have to show up and try to not get caught lying again. She can't do that. That's why she is hiding.
Eileen Shaeffer
That isn't what Nate Silver said yesterday. This is a ridiculous article Politico. Ridiculous!

marrec

Banned
Trump's numbers cannot go above 41-42% nationwide. All Hillary has to do is not drop below 45% and she'll have quite the electoral victory.

It's September 2nd and she's way up in a lot of key states.

She needs to spend a lot of the money she's raised to help down ticket nominees in North Carolina. I want to see both Richard Burr AND Pat McCrory voted out of office.

RPGCrazied

Don't boo, vote.

I know it may seem like an easy win for her, but I'm not taking any chances and voting. I know it won't amount to much being a Texan. But I must do this so I can say I voted against Trump.

Squalor

Nate Silver, who insisted Trump wasn't going to be the nominee.
Damn, how many times are people like you going to regurgitate this ignorant tripe?

All of Nate's data stated Trump could win. He let his emotions get the better of him, so he ignored his own findings and stated Trump wouldn't win.

marrec

Banned
Don't boo, vote.

I know it may seem like an easy win for her, but I'm not taking any chances and voting. I know it won't amount to much being a Texan. But I must do this so I can say I voted against Trump.

Would also be a good opportunity for Democrats to actually give a shit about the senate and house. :-/

Tall4Life

The Clinton campaign needs to continue to act as if Trump is winning in a landslide. They can't get lazy. They have the momentum for sure, but they can't just ride on it. Hillary might still win in the end if they do that, but if they are active then her chance of success will be far, far greater.

Also, this ad showed up for this thread, lmao
KJVw2FU.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Hubris thy name is Whore of Wall Street" is what I said after seeing the first Hobbit movie.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, I'm looking at a Obama-McCain margin right now. Plus supreme court is on the line so you can't take anything for granted. It might not be a landslide.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hillary and her team won't get complacent. My feeling is that they really want to destroy Trump so if a landslide is possibly in play, they will do their best to ensure it.

Always expect the unexpected.
At the same time, I hope articles like this one gets the whole "GOP splitting up" agenda up and running.

Gutek

She has been on a downward spiral for the last two weeks in the polls. Don't see the momentum they're talking about.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'd really like to hear what these revolutionaries ideas are on who should be getting the vote instead of HIllary... because ya know...

they're full of shit.

She has been on a downward spiral for the last two weeks in the polls. Don't see the momentum they're talking about.

Joke post? Joke post.

Only someone completely out of touch would say this.

Trump is only doing marginally better in the polls right now than he was weeks ago.

Somnid

The likability to win ratio is probably going to be the most skewed in history. Hopefully the downstream gets a nice kick.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
She'll get 380. But I don't even care what her total EV are at this point -- I want her to flip Missouri because it's the nexus for everything awful and awesome about this dang country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom